PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a game in an hour and a half. I need suggestions!!!

consolegamer
08-22-2002, 04:35 PM
Come on fellow Xboxers, I need suggestions. It's 4:34 cst. I'm leaving at 6:00:confused:

The Art Of Dyin
08-22-2002, 04:39 PM
enclave

speedbuggy76
08-22-2002, 04:49 PM
NFL2K3
Dead to rights

Snoopy7548
08-22-2002, 04:49 PM
enclave is sweet. and outlaw golf is awesome too.

consolegamer
08-22-2002, 04:54 PM
I have enclave, and it's my fav Xbox game. was thinking either buffy or DTR's

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 05:06 PM
MotoGP
no doubt...

Dar
08-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Kabuki Warrriors

Ok, so that joke is really tired. Seriously, Morrowind. It's the only game I've been playing for a few months now. Next on my list is Enclave.

Snapple
08-22-2002, 05:29 PM
i would wit till fall to buy a game cause of uc,tourok,halo 2 ect.

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i would wit till fall to buy a game cause of ...... halo 2 ect.

In this case he would have to wait till Fall/Winter of 2003...

Man, I'd say you wait till Xbox 2 comes out with all those great games like Halo 5.5 and PGR 4.3...:D

borka105
08-22-2002, 05:59 PM
racing - MOTO GP
sports- NFL2K3
action- Dead to Rights
rpg- Morrowind
extreme sports (x games are on now)- aggressive inline

What are you in the mood for.

all the games I listed got 9's and above in reviews, it's a matter of what you want now.

wweomaniac
08-22-2002, 07:58 PM
DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a shipping error at my EB so they're getting it tomorrow :( They were suppose to get it today!

DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!!

AmpedRider
08-22-2002, 08:56 PM
I want DTR but cant get till my grandma and grandpa leave cause they look at the backs lol and they will beat the **** outta my mom cause of the stripper. (im 15 lol)

Xaminor
08-22-2002, 09:01 PM
DTR or NFL 2K3. Enclave is AWESOME but has a major flaw. As OXM suggested imagine Halo without a shield or check points.

Zion
08-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Moto GP or Outlaw Golf

Save me Jebus
08-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a shipping error at my EB so they're getting it tomorrow :( They were suppose to get it today!

DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD TO RIGHTS!!!!! DEAD ...............

Yeah DTR honestly, i just bought the game today at noon at target, and i looked at the back and saw all the kick ace stuff you can do and was even more cool when it was mature for blood, mature sexual themes, and violence

i've been playing for 2 hours and it is seriously like the second best game out for xbox after halo

ask questions if you have any or just buy the game!

RadRider
08-22-2002, 10:33 PM
Enclave or Morrowind. If you like action and sweet graphics, get Enclave. If you like deep, involving gameplay that will last for hours, get Morrowind.
I'd recommend against Dead to Rights. I was interested in that game months ago, but after seeing the gameplay videos, it looks like a crappy Outtrigger-style shooter game. Sure, lots of people like that, but it looks CHEAP to me.

Save me Jebus
08-22-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by RadRider
Enclave or Morrowind. If you like action and sweet graphics, get Enclave. If you like deep, involving gameplay that will last for hours, get Morrowind.
I'd recommend against Dead to Rights. I was interested in that game months ago, but after seeing the gameplay videos, it looks like a crappy Outtrigger-style shooter game. Sure, lots of people like that, but it looks CHEAP to me.

haha you say "it looks like a crappy outtriger style shooter.."
wow, dont say anything after only seeing like a screenshot, play the damn game and then talk

its seriously great

DVDGNZ
08-23-2002, 06:47 AM
Spend your hard earned cash on games that last. Games that have multiplayer, co-op, and that are very deep and long(Morrowind)! My opinion. UC is my next purchase!

Knight
08-23-2002, 06:59 AM
Get Buffy!!

Fixxer
08-23-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Monky
I want DTR but cant get till my grandma and grandpa leave cause they look at the backs lol and they will beat the **** outta my mom cause of the stripper. (im 15 lol)

Muhahaha.... *cough* Go play Pokemon :rolleyes:

:)

AcidJazz
08-23-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Save me Jebus
...i've been playing for 2 hours and it is seriously like the second best game out for xbox after halo...

I don't get these people....they're hyping up every single new game they get a hold of...What's funny is that they always say that it's second best game after Halo...
I saw this happening with Morrowind, Crazy Taxi 3, Enclave etc.
Where are you now..? Why do you keep your mouths shut about those games..? I thought they all were "second best after Halo"...
This looks just like kids getting their new toys, drooling all over them for a while and throwing them under the bed after a couple of days/weeks. You'll want another game "sooooo much" in one-two weeks.
My point is: wait before making statements like this. Wait, before you'll be thorn apart by flamers and just morons.

This post does not intend to insult anybody in person(including the author of the quote used), it's aiming more at general audience.

borka105
08-23-2002, 07:25 AM
their is no point of ranking a game. Each game is unique in it's own way. That's why games get a score, not a ranking that compares them to another game. You won't see a review mag or site say "Morrowind is best next to Halo"

Why?

Because they are total different games.

Morrowind can get a better score than Halo, but that doesn't mean it's better or worse that Halo. When you review a game like Morrowind you review it with an rpg mentality.

Same thing can be said for other games.

It's allright to say that DTR is the best action game, but it's not alright to say ......NEXT TO HALO. The two games are striving for different things.

Maybe in the fun factor they are similar, but definitely not in the overal intent of the game.

-Borka105

consolegamer
08-23-2002, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by borka105
their is no point of ranking a game. Each game is unique in it's own way. That's why games get a score, not a ranking that compares them to another game. You won't see a review mag or site say "Morrowind is best next to Halo"

Why?

Because they are total different games.

Morrowind can get a better score than Halo, but that doesn't mean it's better or worse that Halo. When you review a game like Morrowind you review it with an rpg mentality.

Same thing can be said for other games.

It's allright to say that DTR is the best action game, but it's not alright to say ......NEXT TO HALO. The two games are striving for different things.

Maybe in the fun factor they are similar, but definitely not in the overal intent of the game.

-Borka105

Your right. And you know what, I didn't get a game yesterday. I went to look and seen DTR's and buffy and many other games, but I have alot of them and couldn't decide on which one to get. I recently bought all the new football games,enclave and s-controllers over the last week and a half. There just wasn't anything of interest really. I paged through some mags (at the store) to also get an idea and DTR's got a 5.0 and buffy had no replay value.

studepaber
08-23-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by RadRider

Ha! you obviously haven't played it yet because it's nowhere NEAR Outtrigger except for the targetting feature. I highly recommend Dead to Rights if you like fast action challenging games. So many things to do in this game. Seriously though it chews Outtrigger up and spits it out. :rolleyes:

borka105
08-23-2002, 09:22 AM
Well for me I am going back and returning nfl2k3. The game just doesn't cut when it comes to football.

Even though it looks and feels good, I hate the franchise mode, and the gameplay has massive bugs.

I am going to pickup Dead to Rights for it.

-Borka105

heartsxcarved
08-23-2002, 12:27 PM
Im thinking of getting POW

DVDGNZ
08-29-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by heartsxcarved
Im thinking of getting POW

Rent it first to make sure it's your kind of game! I hated how slow it was and the fact that you couldn't shoot anyone!:D

FpS_PhReeK
08-29-2002, 06:24 AM
get SOCOM:Navy Seals for Playstation 2,,, awesome gme.

DVDGNZ
08-29-2002, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
get SOCOM:Navy Seals for Playstation 2,,, awesome gme.

You have it? It looks awesome!