PDA

View Full Version : gamespot!! now that not fair!

odpr
08-22-2002, 05:39 PM
wTF!! how can that be the saem game got a better result for the ps two !

I am talking abou t nfl for the box, they said that it's a really good game and all but when u check the ps two version they liked it even more, now how the ... this can be?!

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by odpr
wTF!! how can that be the saem game got a better result for the ps two !

I am talking abou t nfl for the box, they said that it's a really good game and all but when u check the ps two version they liked it even more, now how the ... this can be?!

That's understood and expected...
They review games based on how much this certain game pushes system's capabilities...
Meaning that this game was about everything that could be done on PS2, where Xbox version could've been enchanced more...

Mercury
08-22-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by AcidJazz

That's understood and expected...
They review games based on how much this certain game pushes system's capabilities...
Meaning that this game was about everything that could be done on PS2, where Xbox version could've been enchanced more...

Ummm, excuse me. That is just nonsense. A game should be reviewed by how much fun it is, not how well it pushes the capabilities of a console. A movie gets reviewed on the story and entertainment value, not how well it plays in a certain theatre using a certain projector.

That argument about why PS2 games rate higher has been made up by PS2 fanboys and it, and gamespot, should smarten up and stop it immediately!!!!!

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Mercury

Ummm, excuse me. That is just nonsense. A game should be reviewed by how much fun it is, not how well it pushes the capabilities of a console. A movie gets reviewed on the story and entertainment value, not how well it plays in a certain theatre using a certain projector.

That argument about why PS2 games rate higher has been made up by PS2 fanboys and it, and gamespot, should smarten up and stop it immediately!!!!!

I'm not sure who is being a fanboy here...Every game has to be reviewed based on system's capabilities...You're saying that GBC games or games for NES would get 0.1 these days..? Why, they used to be fun and some people(including myself) are still playing their NES games...

This "I'm-Anti-Gamespot-because-they're-PS2-fanboys" movement was something made up by Xbox fans...

borka105
08-22-2002, 05:53 PM
ACIDJAZZ is right on.

Unless I am blind, NFL2K3 is probably the most dated football game out. It also does nothing to push the xbox power. Their are no load times, and for a football game, that tells you something.

In the end, 2K3 is still the most realistic feeling and playing football game out.

I love it.

-Borka105

noodles
08-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Actually, Gamespot has a 20 minute video on gamespot live which explains the difference....

Online Play! which they were able to try on PS2 but not on the Xbox. They actually say that if xbox live was working now, they would definitely recommend nfl2k3 for the xbox as the football game of the year.

The video is really good and you should all watch it if you are upset with their football reviews.

nate66
08-23-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by noodles
Actually, Gamespot has a 20 minute video on gamespot live which explains the difference....

Online Play! which they were able to try on PS2 but not on the Xbox. They actually say that if xbox live was working now, they would definitely recommend nfl2k3 for the xbox as the football game of the year.

The video is really good and you should all watch it if you are upset with their football reviews.

You'd think a huge site like Gamespot would already have access to Live, but I guess not. They must have to wait like everyone else.

GeNeRaL AcE
08-23-2002, 01:43 AM
AcidJazz kicked all ur asses :eek:

DVDGNZ
08-23-2002, 06:38 AM
Why yes he did.