PDA

View Full Version : The Thing !!!

Toonz
08-22-2002, 06:56 PM
I was gonna post this in off topic but it is coming out for Xbox so I thought in the end General would be appropriate. I have been playing this game for about 3 hours for PC and I gotta say this is a really tight game. For those looking for a great single player adventure this game is exellent. The best part hands down is the managing of trust with your squad members ( those of you who have seen the movie know why ) When you meet and or rescue new guys you have to show them you trust them by giving them guns and stuff. Testing yourself to see if you are infected right in front of them works well as well. You even have to play smart to keep your squads trust. If you encounter the alien and do not help your mates fight them off they distrust you for not helping. The controls are great, and to be honest I think this game would be much more at home on a console than my PC.

AcidJazz
08-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Played The Thing as well...
While it's a solid title, there's nothing in it that would make it great...At least for me...

Toonz
08-22-2002, 07:52 PM
Really I am loving this game. Much funner than DTR for me.

pieceofmind83
08-22-2002, 09:08 PM
i own "the thing that came from outer space" and "john carpenter's the thing" and i can not whit for the xbox version of the thing to be released,it will be for me the best "thing" out this october beside's shenmue 2.

Toonz
08-22-2002, 09:12 PM
Is the newer version of the movie availible on DVD I have never seen it in the store ?

DIGITAL
08-22-2002, 11:37 PM
i think the game looks pretty cool ,i just saw the commercial last night,an i think you can get the dvd free if you preorder the game from http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=223574

DVDGNZ
08-23-2002, 06:42 AM
It doesn't say that you get a free dvd for me.

DOOM
08-23-2002, 08:28 AM
John Carpenters, THE THING WAS A GrEaT FreAkInG FilM!!! Screw All These CG Special Effects That they Keep Using Now A Days, The thing Has Em ALL BEAT!!! Latex, Rubber, Jello, Corn Syrup, & Special Effects Master ROB BOTTIEN, Thats All You Need!
Movies Have To Get Back To Physical Effects...
I Highly Recomend That All Of You See This MASTERPIECE!!!:)

I Have To Say The Game Is AWeSoMe!!!!!
Been Playing On PC For About 8 Hrs...
I Will Also Be Getting This title For XBOX Because I Think It Will Be EVEN Better For A Console!!!
It's An Awesome Game, Dont Even Hesitate To pick Up This bad Boy!!! I Cant Hardly Keep It Stocked At My Shop It Has Been Selling So Fast!!!:)
BUY THIS GAME AS SOON AS ITS OUT FOR THE BOX!

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 09:10 AM
lol i never saw that movie. i saw the begining part of it tho. in the game do u fight more than one thing? if its the thing why would there be a lotta things tho? how do u aim? like in a action horror game like resident evil? or u just control the guy and he automaticly aims, or does it conrol like a first person shooter?

Guibs
08-23-2002, 09:43 AM
I'll try the game for sure. If it capture the suspense of the movie, it could be great...

Toonz
08-23-2002, 09:46 AM
The Thing is gonna be one of those really great games that gets no acclaim.

Markus_Kalarkus
08-23-2002, 01:10 PM
hey toons, i just seen ur from calgary! cool man, im from edmonton, been to calaway park beefore?:)

MerimacHamwich
08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Who in Calgary has not been to Calaway? I am also excited about The Thing. How is it Graphics wise?

Toonz
08-23-2002, 02:00 PM
Grapics are exellent. Not jaw dropping or anything but very well done. Lighting and particle effects are exellent. One of the objects you get to carry is a flashlight and it shines exactly like a flashlight should. The more I play this game the more hooked I get on it. I am offically a "Thing" fanboy hehe. I wish I had waited to get it on the Xbox because it will be better on a console I think than on a PC. It totally has a console feel.

pieceofmind83
08-23-2002, 11:56 PM
Is the newer version of the movie availible on DVD I have never seen it in the store ?

i've had it for 2 years or so on dvd,you should go and get it!