PDA

View Full Version : *MAJOR SPOILERS* - Metal Gear Solid 2

Devil May Cry
11-05-2001, 04:40 PM
I've just been reading some stuf from people who have got the pirate version of MGS2.
There's one thing I find quite interesting but it is an EXTREME SPOILER.
If you do not want the game ruined for you then DO NOT scroll down.
MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
LAST CHANCE

Ok that should be enough space.

Now the big thing that I'm kinda shocked at is the fact that you only play as Solid Snake for the tanker part of the game. For the rest of the game you play as Raiden who is Solidus' son.
From reports it seems that you play as Snake for around 10% of the entire game and as Raiden for 90% of the game.
When playing as Raiden you will meet with Snake. He is undercover and using a different name but it is him. He helps Raiden out and appears in cutscenes and on the codec. But Raiden is your primary character throughout a vast majority of the game.

This makes me feel sorta strange. I figured MGS2 was going to be some kind of send off for Solid Snake what with Kojima stating that this would be the last MGS game. And well, it is a send off for Snake but in a much different way than I imagined.

It seems MGS2 is a passing of the torch to a new hero. I have no doubt whatsoever that it will be an amazing game from start to finish, it's just the lack of controllable Snake was somewhat of a shock to the system.

But hey at least Snake is still in the game. Having him as a CPU controlled buddy in certain sections will be cool.

This info isn't from just one person but a lot of people who have the pirated game. So I believe it is true.
Also there could be some sort of extra bonus scenario where you once again play as Snake, but so far nothing I've read so far has indicated this.

So looks like theres a new kid in town. I'm guessing Raiden is going to appear in whatever MGS spin off comes out in the future.

Though what I've said may sound somewhat negative, I still can't wait for the game.

sinizuh
11-05-2001, 05:13 PM
... :eek: that's like my idea for MGSx... but different... oh well, sounds good.