PDA

View Full Version : To anyone that has played Buffy.

Punkbob
08-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Is it just me or is it that anytime there's a part where Buffy is standing next to Giles and they're talking, he's looking directly at her breasts.

Anyone else notice this?

monkeyman
08-22-2002, 10:31 PM
dont blame him i would to:D

Snapple
08-23-2002, 07:04 AM
how is this game cause i wanna play it:)

Highlite23
08-23-2002, 08:05 AM
You know punkbob...I thought it was just me;)

Think thy did it on purpose?

xboxfan, i'm guessing i'm about 1/4 th of the way through the game. It's fun and all, but i'm not seeeing alot of replay value. I'm guessing that if you raise the difficulty level you just increase your enemies a-la Hunter, the story stays the same.

I'm gonna play for a while longer befor posting a review.

Punkbob
08-23-2002, 11:58 AM
I think it's a pretty fun game so far. I love the fighting in it. The moves and the way they get hit is really cool. One time this girl vampire jumped down from somewhere and there was a fire nearby. I grabbed her and threw her towards the flames and it showed a short cutscene (still in-game graphics) of her being burned. Another time I beat this vampire up and kicked her down off this balcony thing. She was climbing back up to attack me, and she jumped really high towards me and I shot her down with the crossbow.

You can throw stakes at vampires from a distance which is great. All the weapons have a limited usage. For example, the stakes have their own life bar and each time you use it the lifebar drains until finally the stake can't be used anymore. The crossbow (very cool) has ammo, so when that runs out you have to find more. You can use the crossbow in 1st person mode and zoom in/out, or you can just lock on to enemies and use it. I love beating up a vampire until they're lying on the ground, then I pull out the crossbow and kill 'em with it. If you can't find any weapons lying around you can break objects for weapons.

You also have a training book type of thing that lets you learn more fighting combos and stuff. Then you have other supplies like elixrs (one for life and one for slayer power), weapon upgrades (i.e. steel tips for arrows), and crystals that you can give to Willow so she can make you permanently healthier and stronger.

It's a pretty fun game.

JimmieDoogan
08-23-2002, 04:57 PM
AWSOME!!! I'm getting this game in about 2 hours...

soki
08-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Punkbob
For example, the stakes have their own life bar and each time you use it the lifebar drains until finally the stake can't be used anymore.
I like the realism in that also, but I find it stupid that even if you are swinging the stake at open air the life bar still goes down.

Punkbob
08-24-2002, 12:41 AM
I just realized another weird thing. Listen to Buffy when she dies. It sounds like she's havin' an orgasm.

Not trying to be a pervert. I'm just noticing these things.

XboxGirl
08-24-2002, 12:36 PM
I NEED HELP! I have been stuck at Angel's Mansion.... and can not get past the training room to save Angel. That Vampire/Demon.... I think her name is SCYLLAA. It whoops my arse everytime..... ive ran around pushing those green and blue buttons...... ive worn her all the way down and tried to stake her over and over... yet her power builds up fast again and ive lead her into the light and she burned but then she moves and her power goes up again. I kick its butt rather easily..... untill it spits those things at me and chases me around. HOW DO I END IT??? Ive tried special moves...... but it keeps coming after me........ makes me want to punch my tv... :mad:

Someone help me please? Nothing seems to work.....

wildehexe82
08-25-2002, 06:53 PM
hi!
i hit her all the time till she was down.....then i go to the left side and pushed the green button (only the green!) then a window in the roof opend and i kicked her in the daylight.....then she burnd and i win the match :cool:

hope i can help you
cu wildehexe

zfBRAT
08-26-2002, 02:08 PM
sounds like a cool game. i thought it'd be more childish, but you guys make it sound fun.

JGennaro
08-26-2002, 09:37 PM
Well I had been saying for awhile before this game came out that it would be awesome...a few people may recall me saying that..anways, I do actually love this game and the "majority" of people who play it will not be disappointed at all...I love it :) :cool:

JimmieDoogan
08-27-2002, 02:05 AM
I've been playing for a while now and it's really cool. Near the end it does get a little platform'y but it's much better than I'd thought it would be, and I'll bet, much better than the show. However, the dialog gets REALLY old after hearing her say the same thing over and over when having killed something. Why not just make her silent instead of having her say STOOPIT crap EVERY SINGLE TIME SHE KILLS SOMETHING! Sorry... like I said, been playing it for hours...

N E way, any one who likes fighting games, or just games where the main character gets to kick GRIPS o Bootay, then grab this game either off the rental shelf or from the store... either or should be fine... After all, I rented it and I think I'm close to beating it....

CadGeek
08-27-2002, 08:40 AM
I rented this last night. What a blast! The only problem I see is replay value after you win.

P-Rock
08-28-2002, 04:05 PM
Man, WTF is wrong with you. If I wanted to oogle Sarah Michelle Gellar's goodies, I'd do it somewhere else that in a video game.

Sure, its a plus, but I'd rather spend $50 on something much, much better.

JGennaro
08-28-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by WolverineX
Man, WTF is wrong with you. If I wanted to oogle Sarah Michelle Gellar's goodies, I'd do it somewhere else that in a video game.

Sure, its a plus, but I'd rather spend $50 on something much, much better.

I'm not exactly sure who you are talking to or exactly what you are talking about- but this game is extremely fun...you should've quoted whoever you were making that comment to because I'm not sure anyone understands your post?? :rolleyes:

DVDGNZ
08-29-2002, 01:19 AM
It's a fun rental unless you have limited time to play or your entertained with playing a game a second time through. Halo is one of the only games on Xbox I can tolerate playing multiple times through. No replay for me.