PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially retiring from Morrowind

Dar
08-23-2002, 12:59 AM
I've climbed to the top of every faction. Risen up in Telvanni and Hlaalu. Knocked off Dagoth Ur. Done a million sidequests. Yet somehow I'm unfulfilled. There is an unsettling feeling of incompleteness. Open ended RPG is a great concept and very refreshing. I'm dismayed that there really is no end to the game, even after killing Dagoth Ur. It simply never gets wrapped up. Does anyone feel the same way?

shrew king
08-23-2002, 01:34 AM
I am going to do everything possible in the game before i start with a new character, havent done everything yet though. Nothing happens when you beat it though?

Dar
08-23-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
I am going to do everything possible in the game before i start with a new character, havent done everything yet though. Nothing happens when you beat it though?

Nope, you get a brief meeting with Azura and she give you a ring. Then you go back in the world and look for more quests. Pretty anticlimactic.

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 08:58 AM
no. stuff happens. the land of morrowind is cured of blight, your the neverar. all the ash vampires die. all the sleepers and dreamers are gone and they live normal once again.

Jarvis
08-23-2002, 09:04 AM
i think it's a fantastic start to a new genre of RPGs...that is, the REAL ROLE PLAYING GAMES! no more linear sht. i really enjoyed the game, and i can't wait to see the next installment.

this game will change how people think of rpgs, the hard drive on the xbox will become even more useful in years to come.

-jarvis

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Jarvis
i think it's a fantastic start to a new genre of RPGs...that is, the REAL ROLE PLAYING GAMES! no more linear sht. i really enjoyed the game, and i can't wait to see the next installment.

this game will change how people think of rpgs, the hard drive on the xbox will become even more useful in years to come.

-jarvis lol. whats that have to do with anthing. were talking about the ending of the game and what happens lol.

headgamer
08-23-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
lol. whats that have to do with anthing. were talking about the ending of the game and what happens lol.

It has everything to do with this thread. The point is, true RPG's are ALL open-ended. You finish a quest, EVEN A MAJOR ONE, the RPG doesn't end. Playing D&D way back. We killed a major demon and took over one of the levels of hell. Was the game over? No, we just went on and found something else to do. An RPG is supposed to closely simulate life. I get a job or promotion and my "game" isn't over. I keep going and set a new goal. Granted, eventually you WILL run out of things to do in Morrowind simply because there are a finite number of quests... but Jarvis' post was regarding the fact that it more closely resembles the true RPG and lack of "ending" that some of us love...

That being said, I am with Dar. There will come a time when I retire from Morrowind. Of course, that won't be until my character has done all he can possibly do that interests me. After that, he will retire to his home - the Redoran CANTON of Vivec.... I need my space ya know....

;)

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 10:45 AM
im thinking of retiring soon. while doing my house quests and stuff i always thought to myself that someday i would go on the the main quest. one day i just up and did it using the backpath. then it hit me. and it just made me not want to play anymore. i had nothing to do but i really do. the ending in the game makes u feel like your long journey just ends, and youre free and you live your life normally. and i finally got to figure out who was talking to me in the begining movie. ill find something to do, but ill be playing a lot less. now i wont sit and play all day anymore.

headgamer
08-23-2002, 10:50 AM
and i finally got to figure out who was talking to me in the begining movie.

huh? That guy was actually someone later in the game? A twist maybe? What are you referring to?

And Dar, remind me again how you were able to get into both Telvanni and Hlaalu Houses. I am in Redoran and can't get any higher due to the Ondres Nerano issue. I would like to max out in at least one House before I retire...

Dar
08-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by headgamer

huh? That guy was actually someone later in the game? A twist maybe? What are you referring to?

And Dar, remind me again how you were able to get into both Telvanni and Hlaalu Houses. I am in Redoran and can't get any higher due to the Ondres Nerano issue. I would like to max out in at least one House before I retire...

Go kill Orvas Dren then talk to the duke. He'll put you in House Hlaalu. You may need a note found in Orvas Drens house. I'm not 100% sure if you need it or not. You'll have to kill the Ienith brothers to get it.

vamp
08-23-2002, 12:16 PM
Ive been retired for about a week now. I have 3 stellar characters. I finished the morang tong, hlallu, half of televanni, imperial legion and thiefs guild and the fighters guild.

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by headgamer

well the part were it says "from an imperial slave camp theyve taken u east to morrowind. first by carrige now by boat" sumthin like that. well that is acually *minor spoiler* azura. and after u beat the game she talks to u one more time and a cut-scene kicks in. you might ont even know who she is in the end. but she says shes a god.

Dar
08-23-2002, 06:06 PM
She also speaks when you get the moon and star.

Tkf5000
08-23-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Dar
She also speaks when you get the moon and star. moon and star? u eman the daedric quest were her statue talks and u get azuras star. i know she talks cuz ur talking to her statue. it says her name on there. but thats not a cut-scene thing. then u know who she is. but in thebegining its juts a voice and u dont see her until the end. and u notice shes been watching u all that time.

headgamer
08-26-2002, 01:00 PM
moon and star? u eman the daedric quest were her statue talks and u get azuras star. i know she talks cuz ur talking to her statue. it says her name on there. but thats not a cut-scene thing. then u know who she is. but in thebegining its juts a voice and u dont see her until the end. and u notice shes been watching u all that time.

No, the moon-and-star ring. You have to have it for the main quest. It is one of the first Ashlander quests I believe as part of the Nevarine trials...

zfBRAT
08-26-2002, 02:40 PM
well, i'm not even that far in the game. i'm finally killing rats in one or two blows. i've killed some shop owners, and i somehow ****ed off the house hllau or however it's spelled...lol

ride
08-26-2002, 03:10 PM
yeah I havn't played MW in weeks, last thing I did was to bring to Mudcrab all the freaking way to the Haalu Stronghold. Man was THAT a walk :)

But I was thinking the other day (and I havn't looked in these forums so forgive if I repeat):

has anyone tried/is it even possible to finish the main quest as a vampire?

Professor Kaos
08-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by ride
yeah I havn't played MW in weeks, last thing I did was to bring to Mudcrab all the freaking way to the Haalu Stronghold. Man was THAT a walk :)

But I was thinking the other day (and I havn't looked in these forums so forgive if I repeat):

has anyone tried/is it even possible to finish the main quest as a vampire?

u took the mudcrab merchant to there HOLY SHT, i would get ****ed cuz he would move to slow or couldnt climb over somtin. how long did that take?`

ride
08-26-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Playya

u took the mudcrab merchant to there HOLY SHT, i would get ****ed cuz he would move to slow or couldnt climb over somtin. how long did that take?`

a LONG time :-) and I had to do it at least twice I think, because of the damn crashing.

but here is how I did it (I tried alot of ways but this was the fastest and easiest) Make a constant water walking item, Make a "Levitate on Touch" spell of at least like 15-20 (higher the # the faster you can get muddy buddy to go on land, but I didn't use the land)

Go up to the mudcrab, hit 'em with the Levitation, then punch him so he chases you, and run out ONTO (you have you item equipped right) the water, normally he WILL NOT go into the water (he IS a crab right??), but with the Lev. he will float out over the water, when the Lev. wears off he will fall into the water, but he will keep chasing you. Let him get right up to you so that you can hear him "attacking" you and just walk (yeah, JUST walk halfway around the island and up that river that goes into Balmora) slowly so you don't lose him. I took him across the land once too but he walks WAY to slow and if you get too close to a town the guards run out and kill lil' muddy buddy

Did that make sense? if you still need help and want to try it, I'll help you. And I think it probably took about an hour (maybe more)

Professor Kaos
08-26-2002, 04:07 PM
yeah, i understand. im gonna tryit tonite. if i dont get it to work ill pm u k?

ride
08-26-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Playya
...ill pm u k?

I probably won't be around till tomorrow, but ok.

Johny.
02-23-2003, 12:29 AM
would it not be easier to jsut recall to him all the time? i do that.. then use almisivi to get to go to some place with stilt strider then go to balmora and run to stronhold...?