PDA

View Full Version : Dead to Rights Save system.

Highlite23
08-23-2002, 09:07 AM
A few freinds and one of the reviews on this very site complains of the save system. Stating it only saves at given checkpoints or the begining of a scenario.

I've only played about 6-7 hours on it, but i have saved at a given point twice without a problem.

The manual mention absolutlly nothing about saves, for those of you who have played...

Once you get into the strip club and evacuate all the people your met with 2 challenges, multiple thugs, and then 1 particularlly large thug.

Anyway, i was able to save at both of these points without a problem, before each fight that is. The save showed a save time and location. Maybe these are auto save points, i'm not sure, but the first time i played through to the multiple thugs and didn't save when i restarted (not "continue") it took me back to the stripper distraction.

Basically, pause the game, move the selection to save (along the top of the selection menu) press "A" and the rest is pretty obvious.

Please add any comment or findings.

borka105
08-23-2002, 09:35 AM
highlite give me some impressions man. I have been gaga over this game for the past 2 months.

How is it?

thanks
-Borka105

ps. Sadly nfl2k3 didn't cut it for me, today is the 7th day since i bought it at gamespot.... it gets returned today for DTR.

Highlite23
08-23-2002, 09:59 AM
IMO, this game has everything you would want in an action game. The graphics are above normal, but i'll give it a pass because the time and effort they spent on the gameplay shows. To be honest, there is so much in this game i could never do it justice.

On a side note...

You can't be serious about 2K3, please don't tell me your gonna get Madden, or, as much as i hate to say it, Fever. 2K3 is fantastic, if nothing else it made the most progress of the 3, in terms of inhancements, graphics, etc...

OK, i'll get off my soapbox now, do what you want, it's your preference, have fun with which ever you go with...........

highlite whispers.............2k3,2k3,2k3,2k3........................LOL

borka105
08-23-2002, 10:18 AM
highlite here is why I am returning 2k3. I advice you to do the same-

I own the game and do like the gameplay and feel to it, but it's got 2 major bugs that I can't stand.

1. The franchise mode is still the worst of all the football games. Everyone knows that the most important thing about a football game is it's franchise mode.

ex. I played with Titans, and my rb. George had the most yards and td. of any rb in the league. At the end of the year his stats DECREASED BY 6 POINTS. This just shows you how behind VC is. Players stats change randomly and their is no DPP.

2. Second, the game looks bad. These are DC graphics for sure. No even the DC didn't have this many jaggies.

3.Gameplay: When defending against the pass: When you press "B" the game switches you to the reciever who at the moment is closest to the wr, not the cb who is at the end guarding him. THIS IS THE BIGGEST BUG, AND IT'S ONLY IN 2K3. So for example it can switch you to a cb who is not even gaurding that wr, but it still switches you to him because you are closer at the moment.

-Borka105

Chaotic
08-23-2002, 10:29 AM
Graphics look bad? What drugs are you on :rolleyes:

How do you figure the graphics look bad?

Jaggies? send some of those drugs my way :rolleyes:

borka105
08-23-2002, 10:35 AM
dude are you blind. Look at the ref. Look at the stadiums.

I havea 36 inch flat screen sony wega tv.

The graphics in this game are horrible. The textures look like cr*p, the stadiums have jaggies floating everywhere. That's not even my main problem, franchise and gameplay issues make this game the worst of the 3.

-Borka105