PDA

View Full Version : Cel Damage: Good or No Good?

maneatingcow
11-05-2001, 08:02 PM
After looking at all of the gameplay videos, all of the screenshots, and reading other's impressions, I am still unsure about purchasing Cel Damage. Anyone have an opinion?

And if you are as unsure as me on Cel Damage, Tomorrow is the Pseudo Interactive chat at 8pm EST here at XBoxAddict. Go there and field your questions to the creators. Come join the conversation.

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2001, 09:49 AM
I think it looks like it might be fun if you were a tw fan. from what i hear any hoot. I am going to rent it but i doubt buy it. I liked mario kart so thats why renting is an option. But if you are unsure rent before you put 50 down on a game.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 11:50 AM
My opinion has changed about Cel Damage. At first, I thought it looked like a horrible game...but, after doing more research and seeing some screenshots and video clips, I think this game is worth looking at closer. I would like to play first-hand before I buy it...but, my mind opened up about the game after doing some research on it. I am far more impressed with the game compared to my original opinion! This one will be a "try before I buy" game...maybe a demo or a rental will do...

Hugh_Jass
11-06-2001, 12:12 PM
I'm looking forward to Cel Damage as one of my top tier titles. In fact I think it's just after Mad Dash and Simpsons Road Rage.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:14 PM
Hugh...lol...that's what I am worried about! I don't see Mad Dash or Simpsons to be all that fun....but, perhaps I need to open my mind a little bit and play those first-hand without creating an opinion first........those games are really difficult to tell if they are going to be good or not for some reason...

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2001, 01:08 PM
I think mad dash could be fun that title is more like mario kart than anything else

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 01:12 PM
I will keep a much more open mind with Mad Dash Racing...though, I saw a few demos on it and I didn't get goose bumps like I did with many of the other game titles. I will try it out before I create an opinion...

maneatingcow
11-06-2001, 02:04 PM
Simpsons Road Rage is definetly one of my "Must See" games. Just the idea of a Simpsons game that has been controled by the creators of The Simpsons throughout development (This means it will be better than that f'n wrestlng games) and it's a Crazy Taxi rip-off none the less! There cannot be a better Simpsons game in my mind.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 02:06 PM
Well, I figure if the Simpons' game is on the XBox, just that fact alone would make it the best game since the console is, by far, the most powerful compared to all of the others. I will definately check it out before I buy it, though

Slash10
11-06-2001, 02:43 PM
I would like to get Mad Dash, me and friends loved 4-way battles in Mario Kart, especially when u win u have all the bragging rights, and the last place always had to go downstairs and get food and drink for the winners so competition was more fun.

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 03:16 PM
I think that Cel Damage has some of the Best Cel Shaded animation of any game that uses that technology,... from the movies that I have seen,.. it looks so much like an old Tex Avery Style Cartoon,.. I have always thought that a "cartoon style" viddeo game would be awesome,.. when I was younger, and vdeo games were quater inch pixels in 1-4 colrs,.. I thought wouldn't it be great if games could look like cartoon,..

now it has come to be,.. and I too thought Cel Damage didn't look all that exciting when I first looked at it,.. but as developement went along, the animation got better, and I have started changing my mind,.. I definitely want to add this game to my library, maybe I will get it for Xmas from Santa,.. I think I have been a good boy ths year,..

/me hides the beer,...

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:30 PM
Cel Damage, Buddies, and Beer....think of the possibility :D

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Cel Damage, Buddies, and Beer....think of the possibility :D

Oh man,... I just had a revelation,...
Some game developer needs to make a drinkin' buddy game!!!

that would just rule,...

High Five!,..

/everyone laughs as they try to high five and miss

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 04:08 PM
LOL...that was classic!

Dude, that would be amazing! They should make a drinking game on XBox...lol...The game would tell you when you have to drink and stuff!! Oh man, that would seriously rock!!! LOL...BRILLIANT IDEA!

maneatingcow
11-06-2001, 04:18 PM
Of course, whenever Maximus + Tazilla post, the conversation allways gets pointed to Beer. Oh well... can't say i can complain :D

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 04:21 PM
LOL, maneatingcow...

Well, I definately think Cel Damage is worth checking into...I like multi-player games...especially those that involve whippin' eachother to their distruction :D I like the creative use of weapons and how it is so satirical (very exaggerated). I think that the chat tonight is going to be really interesting :p

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 06:19 PM
LOL...that was classic!

Dude, that would be amazing! They should make a drinking game on XBox...lol...The game would tell you when you have to drink and stuff!! Oh man, that would seriously rock!!! LOL...BRILLIANT IDEA!

I just can't wait till I get a job with a developer,.. I could make this happen,...
of course I'd be heavily involoved with the testing, and Debug stages of developement,...

More Beer for the Masses.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 06:21 PM
I need to get one of the helmets that has straws going into your mouth that are attached to the top of the helmet...this way I can play and not have to take my hands off the controller :D

-Max

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 06:31 PM
I need to get one of the helmets that has straws going into your mouth that are attached to the top of the helmet...this way I can play and not have to take my hands off the controller :D

-Max

D a m n if that ain't a he||uva idea,...

/me looks where he can find one of those helmets,...

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow
Of course, whenever Maximus + Tazilla post, the conversation allways gets pointed to Beer. Oh well... can't say i can complain :D

I really appologize for that,.. but when i comes to gaming,.. I just have the affinity for the nectar of the gods,...

Back to the topic of this thread,. can imagine how much it is going to be playing this game laughing your butt off ,and drinking beer?,...

Xbox GoGo
11-07-2001, 12:54 AM
I played a version of Cell Panic at E3 and it was fun, but I was not overwhelmed. It kind of reminds me of Twisted Metal on the PS, but with cartoony gameplay. I am going to hold out for the reviews.

Mohss
11-08-2001, 12:04 PM
It's actually called Cel Damage ;). And if you liked it then, you should see/play it now. Our engine is 20 times better than it was back then, our framerate is through the roof and the weapons have been tweaked to the point of madness! It's one solid, kickass game.
But I AM biased... :)

Try to track it down at an EB or ToysRus and play it now. The game sells itself when played. It's unfortunate that the kiosks don't allow for multiplayer, because the game is sweetest with 4 players.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave Feltham
3D Artist/Animator
www.pseudointeractive.com
www.celdamage.ea.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~

l Maximus l
11-08-2001, 12:15 PM
After having a couple of my questions answered after the interactive chat with Psuedo Interactive, this game sounds much better than I originally thought! This game is definately worth checking out. I would like to play it before I buy it, though only because I'm not heavily into cartoon action unless it's done tastefully. And, from what I have researched so far, this game does look like it's tastefully done...I think that the satirical aspects are exactly what I am looking for! It's going to be hilarious!

For example, one of the weapons, which was one of many, was a portable hole! How creative can you get?!!? lol ...I mean, you can throw down this "hole" on the ground so one of your buddies that is trying to kick the crap out of you falls into it! I mean, this is just a tiny taste of the massive weapons that I heard about.

I will keep a very open mind when I play this game using single player at a kiosk. I'm experienced enough with games that I know in the first 10 seconds if it will be a good multi-player game. I look forward to finding it this weekend :D

lost
11-08-2001, 02:50 PM
i love the graphics of this game , they look like those used in jet grind radio, my favorite game well that and tony hawk, its definatly up on my list, right after halo.

i saw the mad dash preview at target, and the game looks fun as hell , very fast and smooth, seems kinda like a sonic style with the speed. looks nothing like mario cart......;)