PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Dead Or alive 3!! Just played today! :) deep review #2

Infinite
11-05-2001, 08:15 PM
Hey guys its me again. I compared nfl fever and madden yesturday and today I got to play a finished version of doa3!

Now first off If you have ever played DOA3 for dreamcast you will feel at home! The controls are very similar even though theve been moved to different buttons on th xbox.ok now onto the review:) tommorrow i will have a review on oddworld! seeing as my friend works at gamestop i can play almost any game b4 launch on the kiosks! Hope this helps!

OK onto the review..

The graphics! wow!! The graphics will really amaze you! If you think fever has good graphics wait till you see doa3's! On certain levels like the snow level you can make footprints but after a while the footprints will go away from the snow building up! Also for more realsim if you do a quick action move you can see dust (snow) fly into the air! The camera views are sweet too! They are really sinamatic!

The levels are huge!seriously! Imagaine a movie with no boundry; thats how it it! Also another great thing is on a moutain level you can knock them off mountains alot of times! Fires burn perfectly, reflections are beautiful and on ice level you can bust them thru ice! There is so much more items that are involved in fights but i dont wanna ruin the experience!

Onto the gameplay (fighting) his is the first game where each fighter truly feels like they have a unique style (besides soul caliber) Now at first when I played I thought it was a good fighter, but when i spent more time i relized just how much detail was put in! The counters to moves are perfect, the moves them selfs are beutiful too! Now I thought I was gonna get bored after playing for about an hour straight, but I just wanted to keep playing!

Now for the bad! Yes belive it or not there was something they could have done to improve this game! and that is the modes! The tag team is good but that was in doa2 also. For doa3 they could have added a new mode because that would have really helped the replay value:( But this game is within a top 3 and is better than madden in my opinion!

Dead Or Alive 3 Is very immpresive and I belive PS2 couild never produce graphics like what doa3 had!

Overall I rate this game a 9.5! I think fever is a little better because it has more replay value! but you cant go wrong with either! If you have any questions ill be glad to answer them! oddworld will be reviewed tommorrow!:)

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2001, 09:58 AM
Hows did the drunken monkey style look? From clips it looked like jackie in the movie but I never got a steady stream

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 12:11 PM
I'm pumped up for DOA3....Mmmmm...XBox and Beer :D