PDA

View Full Version : MS meets quota last friday

Dr_Gonzo
11-05-2001, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined this forum. I just thought Id give all of you some interesting news. My mom work for Flextronics (the contract manufacture building the XBOX) and she is in guadalarjara right now, she told me she went to the XBOX plant today and she was told that they met they're quota of 800,000 units last friday. I was relieved to hear this.

scarecrow kfj
11-06-2001, 10:21 AM
You dont know how glad I am to hear that. I just read this morning ( it was an old article ) that they might only have 300 and started to tremble. lol

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Flextronics is an outstanding company...and I can see why Microsoft chose them to manufacture the XBox...Microsoft is definately not stupid...they know what they are doing :D

That news made me feel warm in all of my black and green parts :D

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 03:02 PM
I work for them 2 years agao,.. I wish I still worked for them now,.. but they are an excellent company,.. and I knew that they could meet the quota,...

Let's all buy the workers that spent all their overtime getting those Xbox consoles ready for us gamers some Beer,..
they deserve it!!!

Who's with me?,..

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:04 PM
Mmmmmmmm....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

Tazilla
11-06-2001, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Mmmmmmmm....beeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

rofl,.. somehow, I knew you would follow me up with that statement,...

Thank you, to all of the people that worked their butts off getting us our Xboxes. you are loved by many.

l Maximus l
11-06-2001, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Tazilla

Thank you, to all of the people that worked their butts off getting us our Xboxes. you are loved by many.

I agree....Finally, a true next-generation console... I have seriously waited all my life for this moment... I have been waiting for such a great gaming system to come out that could play games like the XBox has coming out...and, now it's here! Time for another beer...:p

terrapin
11-06-2001, 04:32 PM
YEAYYYY!

JeremyX
11-08-2001, 12:15 AM
You just made my day, no luanch day!!!!!!! I have lost much sleep over this and I am so glad that I will be able to show up at 3 in the morning instaed of 8pm the night before.

Are you totally positive or are you pulling or chain? Please respond and be honest and tell us how positive you are in %.

Thanks!

Dr_Gonzo
11-12-2001, 11:17 PM
sorry so long till reply.But I had problems loggin on. anyway its true the met the quota and is currently working 6 days a week on the holiday quota of 1 million. My moms doubtful they will meet it though she say about 75% chance they will because they are having problems recieving parts. The majority of the parts are custom made and take a while. Also she told me that they have 267,000 units in the stockpile not becouse they dont work but because of design flaws scratches miscoloration etc.... they have a seperate plant for the stockpiles and turn the stockpiles into retail one so those 267,000 units will see the light of day on the market.

kboy
11-13-2001, 03:13 PM
nvidia, in their latest conference call, said they had yield problems initiailly for the xbox parts. that might be why flextronics may be waiting on the parts...

Dr_Gonzo
11-13-2001, 05:49 PM
the main problem is with the component for the hard drive. not the hard drive its self but the components for it, because there are holding periods that can be a pain to deal with.