PDA

View Full Version : Go buy DeadtoRights as soon as possible, Its a GREAT game! (minor spoilers)

ummm....MONKEY!
08-24-2002, 01:44 AM
Dead to rights rules!

I rented it this afternoon, about 3PM, not its 1AM and I just got done playing it! wow.

Got through 4 chapters, every chapter has like 4-5 sub-missions.

If youve heard people say this game is like max-payne, theyre right. But its alot better, IMO, better weapons and storyline. The fighting system in D2R is pretty decent also. And in D2r you can do specialty moves like disarms (which rock). Plus you get to use Shadow, the K-9 police dog, in some parts of the game. You shoose "shadow" in your weapons list, lock on to an enemy with the R trigger, then press A and he runs at them and mauls them to death, then he picks up their gun and brings it back to you! its so cool!

You can also run up to people and press B, youll grab them and hold them in front of you as a human sheild. Theyll take some damage and you can fire your gun while holding them, eventually theyll die from gunfire, But if they dont, press B again and, depending on your current weapon, youll blow their head off!!! and go on your way!

The views are a little annoying at times, and the controls take some getting used to, but all around its playable. After you get the hang of it you wont even notice any difficulty.

If your gonna Buy any game this is the game to get. Trust me, its a blast!!

GO BUY IT!!!

Highlite23
08-24-2002, 01:46 AM
Couldn't agree more;)

xboxmaster2002
08-24-2002, 04:20 AM
yeah this game is cool and im only in the thrid chapter th thing is a good game also if anyone cares.

Toonz
08-24-2002, 11:22 AM
I'd rent it. Graphics are average ( water puddles and such really suck ) Camera angles are horrible. The camera is almost never pointing in the direction I want it to while in the third person mode forcing you to adjust your play to move the damn camera so you see the action. Overhead camera works good though ( like when your in the prison ) Buggy as hell as well or atleast poorly done. The worst I have enountered so far

**SPOILER AHEAD** was in the level where you get off the rainy street and have to fight the guys in the hall to access the elevator if you run straight to the desk after killing the first group they enemy will stop spawning near the desk leaving you to pick your nose. You have to run away so the enemy can spawn** SPOILER END**

On that note the game is really fun though. As mentioned disarms are really kewl and I love using baddies as human shields. This game has tons to offer as a rental but lacks the polish of a purchase IMO.

Xbox Owner
08-24-2002, 12:09 PM
The commerical looks cool..

I'll rent it..:)

Tkf5000
08-24-2002, 12:12 PM
sounds good. im gunna buy this along with buffy and enclave in a few days. i have been reading a lot of good reviews about dead to rights. but i hear its doesnt control like a real shooter. it controls more like a action game. i like it like halo better but i can undertand why it would have controls like that.

killerclint
08-24-2002, 06:55 PM
i just rented the last copy at Blockbuster,,,very kool game,,i love to use shadow(the dog),lots of extra's in this game to keep you from becoming bored with it,i would buy it if i had the '$'.

AmpedRider
08-24-2002, 08:28 PM
im gunna buy this along with buffy and enclave in a few days

d**m dude u got some cash eh lol

borka105
08-24-2002, 09:20 PM
I NEED HELP-

SPOILER

I am at the part where when you get out of the strip club and have this huge shoot out in the streets. I can't beat that part.
Their are only 2 health packs their and it's not enough for me to make it.

Can I please get some adivice on how to beat that part...

thanks
-Borka105

ummm....MONKEY!
08-24-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by borka105
I NEED HELP-

SPOILER

I am at the part where when you get out of the strip club and have this huge shoot out in the streets. I can't beat that part.
Their are only 2 health packs their and it's not enough for me to make it.

Can I please get some adivice on how to beat that part...

thanks
-Borka105

If your talking about the part AFTER having the massive shootout with those asian chicks pretecting that girl, then coming out onto the street...

At that part, I equiped the as-p32 shotgun and used the wall-lean to pop out and shoot them as they come in close. After you take out all but 1 or 2 of them, you can use the slow motion dive out and shoot the rest.

Pick up all the health and guns, and make your way RIGHT. you gotta make sure to protect that girl.

The hardest part is when you get to the end of the street, the fat arms dealer comes out with his gang, and he has a Rocket Launcher!

good luck:(

dougi3000
08-24-2002, 11:30 PM
just hide and use your dog
:)

i found this game very easy once you use that strategy.

chili325
08-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
Couldn't agree more;)
This may be off topic but i just wanted to compliment ur sig. U always have one of the best man...keep up the cool sigs.

GO BUCCS!!!
08-25-2002, 11:14 AM
this game is ok, but due to all the bugs that ruin what could have been a near perfect 10, i'd only buy it for 19.99 used. i refuse to pay 50.00 for a game that's made halfass style.
my 2 cents.

borka105
08-25-2002, 11:37 AM
Naw, I was talking about a different part. But I beat it today.

This game involves a lot of strategy. It's one of the few games, that it's easy to tell who knows what they are doing and who is button mashing.

This game is a lot of fun, well worth the $50 in my opinion.

-Borka105

ps. How is it made halfass style? I am more and more amazing chapter after chapter. if you are refering to the fact that it's difficult, heck that's what makes it so fun.

killerclint
08-25-2002, 11:40 AM
i'am stuck fighting tatoo,,can't beat him with those two other guys killing me all the time,,very anoying!!,,i use both health packs too,,any advice..?

dougi3000
08-25-2002, 12:00 PM
dive a lot, to get to tatoo.