PDA

View Full Version : Button mashing or just plain laziness??

Highlite23
08-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Latelly i have noticed a rash of gamers knocking new games because of the controls. I'll admit the first time i played DOA i was pressing anything i could just to save my ass. But since then i have always tried to learn the combos and sequences as best i could, resulting in a much more pleasurable gaming experience for me. I will usually play in easy mode just to get my practice in, just though a level or 2.

From DOA to Morrowind, Enclave, and now DTR have been said to be too hard, i think some gamers are just getting lazy, don't we want a challenge anymore? Am i wrong?? I notice some reviews being posted with minimal playing time and the controls are the first thing knocked. Is that fair to the game or the readers of reveiws. Obviouslly these are all opionion and one should always judge a game for him or herself.

Have we reached a point were we need to be able to throw the game in learn 1 or 2 basic button functions and ramble through as fast as we can just to say you beet it??

I get just as agrevated with games as the next guy, but i sit back and figure out what i need to do and 9 times out of 10 it helps to learn how to play the game.

So what do you think, button mashers or lazy gamers??

Snapple
08-24-2002, 02:25 PM
i agree 100% with you highlite cause all these people are complaining about how hard games are:rolleyes:and then when they say they surppased it they like only beat the game on easy cause normalis to hard:rolleyes:i think hard games should be mad games that make you site down and put achallenge to your life:)

and i about judging games for yourself i also agree cause some people(like me broter)think good games are awsome just cause people say they are over the intern:rolleyes: i agree with people sometimes if i already know its a great game but if i never heard of it i rent it before i buy it:)

MerimacHamwich
08-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Video games are now pop culture and with pop culture you get dumbasses. That is all you need to know.

yall
08-24-2002, 03:24 PM
Did you ever complain about games when you were a kid? Thought not. But now, everygame id either 'exceedingly difficult' or a 'mind-numbing button masher'. Perhaps the graphics are not up to par or maybe load times are too long. All people do is complain about games now. We just used to play them, no matter how hard/easy/pretty/ugly/lame/brilliant they were.

Now I'm not saying we as consumers shouldn't demand quality, but thanks to the internet all we ever do is hear about how crappy 'game-x' is from some dolt who obviously isn't that much of a gamer, or else he would be playing instead of posting.

odpr
08-24-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by yall
Did you ever complain about games when you were a kid? Thought not. But now, everygame id either 'exceedingly difficult' or a 'mind-numbing button masher'. Perhaps the graphics are not up to par or maybe load times are too long. All people do is complain about games now. We just used to play them, no matter how hard/easy/pretty/ugly/lame/brilliant they were.

Now I'm not saying we as consumers shouldn't demand quality, but thanks to the internet all we ever do is hear about how crappy 'game-x' is from some dolt who obviously isn't that much of a gamer, or else he would be playing instead of posting. u are so right.

I remmber the days when there was barley a continnue!
we used to play the game over and over again, that was all the fun, trying to understand it, learing the gameplay, it was soo hard, sometimes it took a week to finish one level, but this is all the fun, people today don't understand that vg isn't a movie!!!
sorry , but u need to practice u need to adopt this is what is all bout!

u don't buy, insert it, play it , finish it in one day, oh no! sorry...

I will be very glad to see dtr and see what pepole say hard...

also it seems that game maginze today also judge by how much time they invested on the , oh no..., time to understand the game and the controlls..