PDA

View Full Version : Would any of you guys like to see a Streets of Rage 4 as an Xbox exclusive?

mrmp3
08-25-2002, 09:12 PM
After getting to chapter 13 in DTR, I decided to take a break from it. I went on to my computer and decided to check out my ROM collection. I put on Streets of Rage 3 and :eek: !!! I can't believe how great that game STILL is. All those characters (with the exception of Dr. Zan who's mediocre at best) are all so damn cool. The game had that little meter that charged up and when it was at "Ok" you could do one of your 2 special moves. The realism on that game is pretty good for a game that came out in 94'. I was playing with Axel and tried to suplex a guy who was heavier than me and he collapsed on me (something most wrestling games STILL don't do). I also suplexed a guy at the beginnning of the board and the chains started waving. IMO, that was one of Sega's top 5 franchises on Sega Genesis. Playing with a pal is still a blast. Another thing I like about that game (which most games don't have) is you can unlock characters in the game then use'em next time you have a continue. For ex. Shiva, who is one of the big bad guys in SOR 2 and 3 and maybe the original dunno for sure is unlockable by holding down all the buttons on your controller (start, a, b, c, and if u have a 6 button u gotta hold down x, y, z as well) after you beat him early on in the game. I remember reading this in a magazine many years back and was surprised it worked. Shiva is one of the best characters to use in that game. Another character, Roo, is also unlockable. I think this was the first game that had the kangaroo with the boxing gloves (and then a year later Namco took the idea and gave it to one of their characters in Tekken) and Roo was also bad ass to use as well. The soundtrack is also very good for a Sega game. Though not as good as it was in SOR 2, it's still pretty good. And I love fighting in the clubs with the flashing lights. Good thing I'm not epileptic. The grab moves were also awesome to execute.

Now I know this question was asked a couple years back and half the people at Sega didn't even remember the series, but that was when DC was the only next-gen system out. So do you guys think with all of Sega's success as of late, make another Streets of Rage? I mean think of the possibilities. Totally interactive enviroments, 3d universe, more characters, 4 player, system link, and Xbox Live co-op play, custom soundtrack. Man I really wish Sega would make another Streets of Rage. They could easily make it one of the top 15 Xbox games. I just posted this to see if anyone else remembered the Streets of Rage days back when SNES and Genesis were the **** and if anyone else would love to see this game as much as I would. Signing off...

lefiend
08-25-2002, 11:32 PM
yea that game would be f'kin awesome
i loved streets of rage so much back in the day, i want more ****** MORE

GokuX
08-26-2002, 12:25 AM
Sure, it'd be pretty cool.

Buccaneer21
08-26-2002, 12:55 AM
I would love to see a 4th installment, I sure would buy it. :cool:

Caliadar
08-26-2002, 02:55 AM
Sega is releasing a game called "Spike Out: Extreme" for xbox. Spike out in the arcades was the unofficial sequel to Streets of Rage, so you might want to look into that title.

Plus if you really like beat em ups, I highly suggest giving Buffy The Vampire Slayer a try, its the best beat em up I have ever played.

lllSmokelll
08-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Sam
sega is good with arcade games and thats bout it
Sega is good at ALL games!!

Afro Aura
08-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Caliadar
Sega is releasing a game called "Spike Out: Extreme" for xbox. Spike out in the arcades was the unofficial sequel to Streets of Rage, so you might want to look into that title.
Yeah and another thing it's online too, which is damn cool