PDA

View Full Version : max payne for cheap! is it worth it?

NomadLLama
08-25-2002, 09:53 PM
hey i saw max payne with a strat guide for $38 (US). xbox version... would it be wise to get it? and don't say "get DTR" cause that's not what im askin...

NomadLLama
08-25-2002, 10:20 PM
the reason on why i said no "get DTR" is cause i don't wanna pay 50 bux for a game... never thought that 50 was worth a game.

ScorpionX
08-25-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
hey i saw max payne with a strat guide for $38 (US). xbox version... would it be wise to get it? and don't say "get DTR" cause that's not what im askin...

I don't think so. It is a fairly short game with no replay value. It is a good renter, but not to buy. And you won't need the strategy guide, I was never stuck anywhere during the game, all you do is shoot guys. I would pay 12 dollars more to get a quality game. :o

hook-worm J
08-25-2002, 10:31 PM
I pay $50 for quality, and something I like.... I wont buy a game just b/c its $38 or whatever and I want a new game. Save up your money and buy something you will actually like.

Raven187
08-25-2002, 10:56 PM
dude you must get this game I have bought and regretted about thirteen bad xbox games and maxx payne was not one of them don't listen to those other people dead to rights will be a cool game but maxx payne is a great game with good replay value especialy with some $moke

The Hitman
08-25-2002, 11:00 PM
I thought Max Payne rocked. I played it over and over.

GO BUCCS!!!
08-26-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama
hey i saw max payne with a strat guide for $38 (US). xbox version... would it be wise to get it? and don't say "get DTR" cause that's not what im askin... i say no, it's still way to short to pay 38 dollars for. not to mention thye factthat you don't even need the book to beat it. it's worth $19.99 tops.

NomadLLama
08-26-2002, 10:16 AM
meh.... thanx guys... i still got until thrusday (day of school :( )
to think about it... im not too much of a multiplayer guy (don't have the right friends)... and if anyone has played the single player levels in halo as much as me.... (most people do go for the multiplay right??)

anyways... nothing could be shorter than Gun Metal (it said i beat it in 97:14 er...something) 40 bucks for 1 hour and 40 minutes of entertainment isn't really worth it. im sure max payne is longer than that.

Duke
08-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Max Payne will take you longer than that. I'd say it was a good buy if you don't mind the limited replay value. I bought it, and I'm glad I did, but I probably could have saved some $$$.

I beat it on the easiest and hardest levels, and haven't touched it since. Basically, it'll sit on my shelf till the next title that I want to trade-in for comes out. I've been putting it off 'cause I really liked it and thought I might pick it up again, but I haven't.