PDA

View Full Version : XBox at Best Buy

GoVols
08-26-2002, 08:20 AM
According to Sunday's flier, you get a free Amped game with an in-store purchase of the XBox, and a $30 mail-in-rebate if you purchase the DVD remote. Sounds like a sweet deal, if you don't own an XBox yet.

Hmmm, wonder if I could buy it, then return it and keep Amped? Would that be wrong? :D

Radar
08-26-2002, 08:40 AM
I also saw advertised that Halo is now $39.99 somewhere. Now's a great time to get an Xbox and Halo if you don't own one yet...

GoVols
08-26-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Radar
I also saw advertised that Halo is now $39.99 somewhere. Now's a great time to get an Xbox and Halo if you don't own one yet...
Yep, Best Buy has Halo, Hunter, Test Drive and Outlaw Golf (which I'm buying today) all for $39.99.

OT: I got NFL 2k3 over the weekend and it Rocks!

Zion
08-26-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by GoVols

Hmmm, wonder if I could buy it, then return it and keep Amped? Would that be wrong? :D

Hardly seems worth it seeing as how Amped sells for like $10 brand new :rolleyes:

NomadLLama
08-26-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by GoVols

Yep, Best Buy has Halo, Hunter, Test Drive and Outlaw Golf (which I'm buying today) all for $39.99.

OT: I got NFL 2k3 over the weekend and it Rocks!

hmmm... yea i saw that at a walmart near my sister's college... i thought that it was only the walmart cause that place is really poor. (not the college, the city) is that the new standard price for those games?

Highlite23
08-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Sam
most people own a XBOX if there on this site... go to a PS2 or Gamecube forums and post that

I see for the most part Uncle Sam answers with pointless remarks. Post count isn't that important...really.:rolleyes:

robphillips79
08-26-2002, 02:11 PM
GoVols,

Yo buddy! This is the week it all starts for us. May your Vols fall flat on their face and my Wolverines rise to the top.

:)

DZNUTZ
08-26-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by highlite23

I see for the most part Uncle Sam answers with pointless remarks. Post count isn't that important...really.:rolleyes:

i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that noticed that.

i hereby dub thee UNCLESPAM

Jarvis
08-26-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ

i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one that noticed that.

i hereby dub thee UNCLESPAM

I agree, most of his posts are useless and uninformed.

-jarvis

Pipetender
08-26-2002, 04:58 PM
I just bought my Xbox on Saturday but I didn't know about the game of the DVD kit but I did get a S controller and that was reduced to $22.99.

melon
08-26-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Zion

Hardly seems worth it seeing as how Amped sells for like $10 brand new :rolleyes:

well actually it's $30 brand new. Where do you see it for $10?

GoVols
08-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by robphillips79
GoVols,

Yo buddy! This is the week it all starts for us. May your Vols fall flat on their face and my Wolverines rise to the top.

:)
We'll just see about that. ;) We've got an easy ride for the next 2 weeks with Wyoming and MTSU. Then the fun begins with Georgia.

And Uncle Sam, STFU. I'm no noob ya dork. Just trying to help out anyone without a box.

The Art Of Dyin
08-26-2002, 06:20 PM
when i went to my friends bday his mom talked to me to ask which system i liked the most bcuz she was getting one fro her so nand he doesnt kn oit we talked for bout an hr and i told her xbox xbox xbox. then yesterday i saw the deal at best buy and she came and picked me up and we went and got it for him we also got amped (free) 30 rebate (with purchas eof dvd remote) halo (40) hunter (50) fifa soccer (30) 007 auf (50) and 3 extra controllers all controller s

omg hunter and 007 were more expensive then halo :mad:

well anwyays this was a good post bcuz i bet there are alot of people who come here and other xbox related sites and dont have xboxes.

Pipetender
08-26-2002, 10:34 PM
Does anyone know if Best Buy will give me the rebate for the DVD kit if I just bought my Xbox Saturday? I didn't yet buy the kit but I am hoping they will do it...

sleepyfloyd64
08-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pipetender
I just bought my Xbox on Saturday but I didn't know about the game of the DVD kit but I did get a S controller and that was reduced to $22.99.

Where'd you find a Controller S for $22.99? I would buy one at that price!!

Zion
08-28-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by sleepyfloyd64

Where'd you find a Controller S for $22.99? I would buy one at that price!!

buy.com has them for $24.99 with free shipping

sleepyfloyd64
08-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Zion

buy.com has them for $24.99 with free shipping

only thing I see is the standard MS Controller for $27.00 and some aftermarket controllers.. :confused:

sleepyfloyd64
08-29-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Pipetender
Does anyone know if Best Buy will give me the rebate for the DVD kit if I just bought my Xbox Saturday? I didn't yet buy the kit but I am hoping they will do it...

shouldnt be a problem as long as you bought both items inside the time frame quoted on the rebate form and you submit both receipts and barcodes..