PDA

View Full Version : upclose with the covenent

halocombat4ever
08-26-2002, 04:10 PM
when i was just palying halo the second level on legendary when i was searching fosr surviorvers and they all died their was one of thoes escape podes on the ground that the covenent where looking at amd when we pulled up in the warthog the aliens didnt attck us we stood write in front of them and they didnt care it was like we werent even seen but they still looked at us even when we killed the eleits they didnt attack us
and when i got back in the warthog their was a grunt in the frunt of it i hit the grunt but he triped forward he did it twic untill i whent really fast and ran him over

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 10:28 AM
wow thats wierd

Spartan IV
08-29-2002, 10:34 PM
you somehow skipped a "trigger" point. triggers tell the game to do something, such as put the covenant in "battle" mode. In AOTCR you can get through the big door near the control center with the ghost, just strafe to the door and press "X" just beofr you get to the door, if you do it right, you will get out of the ghost and it will push you through the door. The door switch is a "trigger" point. since you went through the door without pressing the switch the covenant are still in "Docile" mode. Once your through the door, none of the covenant even act like your there.(sometimes a grunt or two will fire at you because you hit them coming through, shoot them and the other cov's won't care). You can go up to the gold elite and lok him in the eye, and shoot his eyes out and he doesn't care. you could **** on him and he wouldn't raise a finger :D :cool:

XboxMadness
09-03-2002, 02:19 PM
i did it sort of a different way, but yes i did do it early this year. I went up and killed all the marines before the Covenant dropship came down, and then went to fight the covenant, but they just stood there like jackasses. i tried it again to see if it was some sort of "flaw" or just a one time thing, but it works everytime. pretty fun.

ScorpionX
09-03-2002, 02:22 PM
On the level Assault on the Control Room, if you get the banshee you can skip through almost the whole level. There are no Covenant at all so it is pretty cheap.

halocombat4ever
09-03-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
On the level Assault on the Control Room, if you get the banshee you can skip through almost the whole level. There are no Covenant at all so it is pretty cheap.
I DO THAT ALL THE TIME BYUT WHEN EVER MY BROTHER TRIES THE BANSH HAS NO HEALTH HE IS SUTCH AN ASS