PDA

View Full Version : AFDS being re-released!!!

fausenbaug
08-26-2002, 07:16 PM
I was just at my local futureshop(a store in canada, like best buy) and there was a sign that said AFDS coming back on september,17,2002. I asked on of the managers about it and he said that microsoft is re-releasing it, for only $45 Canadian. That about $30 US! And for all those poor saps who spent $90 US for it....

HAHA :D

Frostberg
08-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Not to mention those poor saps who are even thinking about paying $30 USD for it...

Plewis
08-26-2002, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by fausenbaug
I was just at my local futureshop(a store in canada, like best buy) and there was a sign that said AFDS coming back on september,17,2002. I asked on of the managers about it and he said that microsoft is re-releasing it, for only $45 Canadian. That about $30 US! And for all those poor saps who spent $90 US for it....

HAHA :D

that's hilarious! and Frosty yeah, Ive heard it aint very good:D

Toonz
08-26-2002, 08:45 PM
Hmmm what is AFDS ? haha

VenoM
08-26-2002, 08:58 PM
thats some funny stuff....them ebay people are dumb for paying 90-100 for this game ..there gonna regret it big time

morfeeis
08-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
Hmmm what is AFDS ? haha

worst flying game ever made.the plane move like they are on strings . but on the other hand i love looking at the replays.

Woocifer
08-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Wow I saw some guy being a real prick to someone saying that IT WAS A COLLECTORS THING and that any smart person would pay 120 US for this title because it will be a collectors piece that will inflate with time.

I'm glad that guy is up ***** creek. Looks good on him.

Stupid jerkass

Reclaimer
08-27-2002, 03:55 AM
I like the hame, honestly. Sure, some things are not all that, but show me a game without sin. But I really don't see how re-releasing AFDS will do any better. Especially without changes. It wouldn't bring anything to the gamer's table amongst a wave of new games coming out. Plus, being in the wake of Xbox Live, will probably send it right back to obscurity. Too bad, that game could have stood out if they just fixed a few things like the "plane on a wire" issue and the b/g music. But the graphics are good and there are 50 missions to keep you occupied. I guess people where really looking for it to be a sim more than anything.
Poor thing, good idea in concept, just not good enough in execution.