PDA

View Full Version : OXM is biased...

Marc
08-26-2002, 10:11 PM
I try to give the OXM the benefit of the doubt, but when they rave about NFL Fever being "the best football game on the xbox" I cannot take them seriously. There is no way that fever comes even close to being as good as Madden or Sega. To see Fever referred to as "the best football game on the xbox" makes me question the credibility of the magazine.

y2kash_14
08-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Didn't NFL 2k3 get the highest score? I thought NFL Fever got the lowest score? Its just what i heard, i didn't get my issue yet

robphillips79
08-26-2002, 10:22 PM
I don't even pay attention to OXM reviews. I read the text and then question the score, so I have decided to just read the text and discard the score. They really make no sense to me sometimes.

ummm....MONKEY!
08-26-2002, 10:29 PM
the official magazine of Xbox is biased in favor of xbox?

WHAT A REVELATION!!!!:rolleyes:

and I think NFL Fever mops the floor with the competition, its a close call in the game-play department, but graphically fever definatly WHOOPS madden and 2k3.

The season and career mode in fever also makes the competition pale in comparison.

So I agree with OXM, and on a personal note, I like OXM as a whole. Exept when they gave Morrowind an 8.

Tony Soprano
08-27-2002, 12:17 AM
there is offically NO good reason to subiscribe to OXM now..

originally.. i signed up because i heard it comes with a demo disc... but the only demo that actually helped me buy a game was PGR, the demo was kewl.. other than that.. there have been NO worth while demos.. which i could have forgiven them for.. because sega gt 2002 demo was meant to be in last months mag.. a whole month or so before the game is released.. cool no?

but what happened? they didnt deliver.. whats worse? its not even in THIS months oxm. infact.. there are NO new demos this month.. all older demos that have been in previous mags.. so.. the sega gt demo you ask? well the full game will be out before the demo is in the oxm.. so essentially the demo is usless.. if it EVER comes in the oxm.

and as far as the mag being bias.. yeah.. as somone said earlier, what more do you expect from a 'official' mag..

but seriously.. does any of you think of OXM as the 'OFFICIAL' xbox mag? i mean.. they dont sound very professional.. even their articles arnt professional. personally i believe they take fanboyism to a whole new level.

now.. i give OXM ****.. and a lot of ppl dont like it. but i have subscribed to them for a year.. thats money spent.. so i think i have a right to view my opinion on something im spending my money on. as a consumer, i am NOT satisfied.. im definatly NOT subscribing for another year!!

twilla
08-27-2002, 12:45 AM
OXM is a great magazine to me cause I can't afford very many games and the demos help me out very much!

They should be biased they get to play trhe best games before anybody on the best system, and they don't inflate scores for stupid reasons!

All you people who like game magazines will not find good info on xbox games in any other mags (except PLAY) egm,gamepro, and
GI are very biased and there multi-platform.

The official playstation mag sucks when I had aplaystation I prefered psm, OPM is like a dvd mag with little content and ads galore.

Toder
08-27-2002, 12:54 AM
personally i like fever 2003 and i don't know why so many people hate it. The controls are not that hard and the graphics look awesome. I can't understand it.

Buccaneer21
08-27-2002, 01:32 AM
Toder I don't think people hate Fever, they just hate the fact it didn't improve greatly like the rest. Like most I bought last years Fever and wanted to by this year's version to help that franchise last and take the football crown. The problem is there weren't enough new player animations, a lot of glitches in the first batch of sold copies like sound skipping, and some didn't like that they didn't have the Hall of Famers names on there jerseys like they did last year. Plus some said in was last year's game with minimal defensive AI upgrades. Trust me if next year's version is the best football game it will be the number one Xbox football game like it was in 2002, but until they give an all out creative effort I will buy 2K3 hoping Fever can regroup. :cool:

Nomb
08-27-2002, 02:58 AM
Somehow I'm surprised that you're surprised although I shouldn't be surprised ..... yea.

RedMeat
08-27-2002, 03:01 AM
I like Fever better than Madden. Madden is a jackass. Fever rocks.

yall
08-27-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano

originally.. i signed up because i heard it comes with a demo disc... but the only demo that actually helped me buy a game was PGR, the demo was kewl.. other than that.. there have been NO worth while demos.. which i could have forgiven them for.. because sega gt 2002 demo was meant to be in last months mag.. a whole month or so before the game is released.. cool no?

You are entitled to your opinion, but I have found alot of the demos to be great. Spiderman, Ralisport challenge, Outlaw golf, Timesplitters 2, DOA3, Street Hoops, NBA inside drive (or was it 2k3?), PGR, Oddworld, Jedi Starfighter.... I'm sure I'm leaving out othes that are good. What is wrong with you that you can't find enjoyment from any of these demos? And if you really thought they were all that bad, think of the money you saved on purchases and rentals. This is the point in my post that I usually reserve for some type of pointed comment or insult, but I imagine it would be lost on you anyway, so I'll save it for someone like filthy superman or snoopy who might get some pleasure out of it. It seems you cant enjoy anything.

Revit_X_man
08-27-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by RedMeat
I like Fever better than Madden. Madden is a jackass. Fever rocks.

EA Ports- Its in the name.

symposiumx
08-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Tony Soprano

but seriously.. does any of you think of OXM as the 'OFFICIAL' xbox mag? i mean.. they dont sound very professional.. even their articles arnt professional. personally i believe they take fanboyism to a whole new level.

Well....I, for one, am displeased with OXM. I STILL have not received issue #10 from them. I have contacted via email TWICE now, and NO response. They haven't sent me a replacement, not even an email telling me to go stick it in my ear.

I'm tired of being ignored, so I'll have to cancel my subscription soon if they dont get on the ball.

Revit_X_man
08-27-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by symposiumx

Well....I, for one, am displeased with OXM. I STILL have not received issue #10 from them. I have contacted via email TWICE now, and NO response. They haven't sent me a replacement, not even an email telling me to go stick it in my ear.

I'm tired of being ignored, so I'll have to cancel my subscription soon if they dont get on the ball.
I have an extra OXM 10. If you want send me 3.00 to cover shipping and I'll send it to you. Just PM me for details

symposiumx
08-27-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Revit_X_man

I have an extra OXM 10. If you want send me 3.00 to cover shipping and I'll send it to you. Just PM me for details

I sent you a PM. That is VERY great/sweet/cool of you. Thank you!

plpkb
08-27-2002, 11:46 AM
OXM has not been a great mag at all imo. The pictures are zoomed in to much & its pages are filled with to much fluff. I dont need IQ tests & other console bashing wasting space. The demo disk have poor video and again waste space with things lik the top 10 plays.

Dyslexic Chaos
08-27-2002, 12:42 PM
If the Top 10 plays were actually any good at all, they wouldn't be a waste of space. But it's usually just something like " The QB throws the Ball and the Reciever catches it" Big friggin' deal!!! Hell, in some plays, like the Test drive one, his car crashed. WOW, thats SOOOOO cool. not! One of the few things worth being on the top 10 plays was the Perfect run, and what happened to the Reader created Wreckless run, I have yet to see that!!! And the POD was supposidly going to be a monthly feature, but it was only a one month thing. And WTH is up with the Video Verdicts? Thats probably the biggest waste of space!!! Oh wow, look, A review I've already read with some crappy ass video on the billboard!!! What they need is video reviews like the ones that were in the quickly deceased gamepro action discs. With a video on the whole screen and a guy talking about the game, and a score at the end.And it would have to be new games. The same with their Previews on the discs. All they are is video, we need some explaination about the Gameplay people, maybe some info on the features. They also need more interviews and some cool strategies, but dont have the strategies bundled together into one video, let have have their own video, ala the OPM disc. If they inproved these things and had less biased reviews, the mag would rock (oh, and that whole zoomin in to much thing is true too). In fact, I'm gonna post this on the OXM message boards tight now, and hopefully I won't get flamed by Mike Salmon.