PDA

View Full Version : i need some good medium armour

voodoo_chile
08-26-2002, 10:53 PM
right now i have a dreugh helm, orcish cuirass, and all other bonemold armour. where can i get(steal :)) some dreugh or orcish armour. i'm on the fighter's guild quest in sargon, and i'm getting my ass stomped. i hear nerer berneran is a badass, so i'm gonna need all the good armour i can get.
thanks

SlightlySycho
08-27-2002, 12:29 PM
The best medium armor I've seen is Indoril, the kind that Ordinators wear. Of course, if you talk to them while wearing it, they put you on their $#!+ list. I know three ways to get some without killing an Ordinator.
[listed in degree of Spoiler quality]
A. If you don't want to get in trouble, you can buy a few pieces at Ghostgate, but not a whole set.
B. You can get a helmet and a curiass if you solve the Vivec murders. (fairly easy, fairly cheap)
C. The cultists in the shrine at Ald Daedroth are being attacked by Elite Ordinators (they wear blue robes and have most pieces of Indoril). You can kill them without being reported. With all the weapons swinging, you'll probably kill a few inadvertently.
D. (And only do this if you have no problem getting Indoril with as little effort as possible) There's a Dead Ordinator on top of the Kogoruhn stronghold. He has a complete set of Indoril armor. He also has a special Hair Shirt which is part of a temple quest, I think.

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 09:28 PM
The strategy guide says orcish is the best medium armor indoril is heavy

SlightlySycho
08-29-2002, 09:56 PM
A few pieces may be Heavy. I know for sure that the helm is medium. I got a feeling that the manual could be wrong.

Anyway, the Medium Indoril pieces are better than Orcish. No doubt about that.

vamp
08-30-2002, 08:30 AM
The book is wrong, all indoril armor is medium type.
Medium armor is the worst. Indoril armor weighs much more than glass and indorils armor rating isnt even as good as glass.

Professor Kaos
08-30-2002, 04:14 PM
indroli is medium cuz thats what i wear. and its better then the orcish i stole from the place with the creeper in caldera.

halocombat4ever
08-31-2002, 12:26 PM
i heard their was a ebony mail witch is medium and 333 AR
dont ask me where to find it

GamemasterD
09-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Ebony armor is heavy. The best medium armors are Orcish and Indoril.

I wonder if Indoril greaves exist? I don't think they do.

If you have the PC version, I think the Admantium armor add-on that's at the official site might be medium...at least I'd think it would be (there's really no good medium armor).

halocombat4ever
09-03-2002, 02:13 PM
EBONY MAIL IS MEDIUM YOU **** UP

GamemasterD
09-03-2002, 02:22 PM
Well, excuse me JACKASS! :mad:

Besides, I said that ebony ARMOR is heavy. I didn't know that ebony MAIL existed, but after seeing it in several threads, now I know. But most ebony stuff is HEAVY; the mail is an exception.

halocombat4ever
09-03-2002, 02:50 PM
NO ****

SlightlySycho
09-03-2002, 04:32 PM
I've never heard of Ebony Mail, either. Where could somebody find some?

Dar
09-03-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
I've never heard of Ebony Mail, either. Where could somebody find some?

You get ebony mail from doing the very last temple quest. Right before you're promoted to patriarch. You have to make the pilgrimage to the shrine at Mt. Assanaribi. I don't think you can just show up there and get it. I'm pretty sure you have to get it as part of the quest, but I might be wrong.