PDA

View Full Version : NFL2K3, or FEVER!

B1adez
08-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Well i finally got NFL2K3 yesterday, OMG! what a let down i got :(
(well don't let me say let down, let me refrase that ok) more like a bigtime let down!

Let me start off with something ok, the main reason i got this game was because i seen some good rateings on it, and also IT'S ONLINE!..well i go to play it last night, hmm man i didn't get into the game AT ALL, likeIusely do..if the game is good i'm like OMG! this game is one bad MOFO!..but with nfl2k3 lastnight, i was like yea yea blah blah yea, you know when you don't get into the game you just like playing it because you feel to lazy to get up and turn it off...well thats how i felt. but finally i got to the point where i was like, took the game out and looked at it and said <^>! F-U!..then got my demo i got with my mag, and looked at fever...hmm not a bad game at all considering it was best football game on xbox last year...i am going to go get Fever sometime tonight, and i know i will like that game ( i am really a big madden fr3ak!) but they pi$$ed an me and spit me out...not putting online on the game! SHAME ON THEM! but thats EA for ya.

I know some on you going to be like( your crazy nfl2k3 rocks, rules, and so on)..but i just didn't feel it lastnight, i mean none at all, NONE! i hope others are getting or have fever when live comes out! because i know i'll be on there.

be cool everyone!

Pz!

headgamer
08-27-2002, 03:11 PM
I played Fever from last year. It was very easy to pick up and play. But it got old very quickly. To me, that tells me that it isn't a very deep game mechanically or gameplay-wise. NFL 2K3, on the other hand, has been handing my arse to me so far when I have gotten to play. Fever 2003 has been easy to play - played a demo somewhere - therefore, that still implies to me that it is rather shallow gameplay-wise, whereas NFL2K3 is a little deeper and more complicated. Whereas Fever will be great for quick and fun pick-up games, I believe NFL2K3 will provide a more satisfying sense of the game and accomplishment when you begin to play well there.

It's just my opinion, but I went with NFL2K3. I will be more satisfied in the long run by improving my skills to the point of having a winning season, versus winning my very first game at Fever 2003 because the game play was shallow.

Enjoy Fever...

consolegamer
08-27-2002, 04:09 PM
I own all 3 NFL games and say if you want fever, go buy fever. You have to realize that there are alot of people that LOVE nfl 2k3 (like myself) and that is their #1 game of choice. I just bought all three because sometimes I like to play 2k3, other times Madden and other times Fever 2003. I must say that fever feels like an arcade style football game. Nothing compared to Madden or 2K3 in the realism department. I do love the graphics in fever. I like the deep colors they use. The animations in 2k3 are unequaled. PERIOD!!! Put the commentary from madden (real announcers) in 2K3 (animations and presentation) and we'd have one bad ass game of football. Fever is definately 3rd in my book, though it has made great strides this year, unlike Madden.

Zero
08-27-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by B1adez
Well i finally got NFL2K3 yesterday, OMG! what a let down i got :(
(well don't let me say let down, let me refrase that ok) more like a bigtime let down!

Let me start off with something ok, the main reason i got this game was because i seen some good rateings on it, and also IT'S ONLINE!..well i go to play it last night, hmm man i didn't get into the game AT ALL, likeIusely do..if the game is good i'm like OMG! this game is one bad MOFO!..but with nfl2k3 lastnight, i was like yea yea blah blah yea, you know when you don't get into the game you just like playing it because you feel to lazy to get up and turn it off...well thats how i felt. but finally i got to the point where i was like, took the game out and looked at it and said <^>! F-U!..then got my demo i got with my mag, and looked at fever...hmm not a bad game at all considering it was best football game on xbox last year...i am going to go get Fever sometime tonight, and i know i will like that game ( i am really a big madden fr3ak!) but they pi$$ed an me and spit me out...not putting online on the game! SHAME ON THEM! but thats EA for ya.

I know some on you going to be like( your crazy nfl2k3 rocks, rules, and so on)..but i just didn't feel it lastnight, i mean none at all, NONE! i hope others are getting or have fever when live comes out! because i know i'll be on there.

be cool everyone!

Pz!

what an ugly post. why dont you stop repeating yourself and actually say WHY you dont like it?

Buccaneer21
08-27-2002, 08:04 PM
The beauty is we all have different styles to choose from. :cool: :cool:

KingAvi2k3
08-28-2002, 10:21 AM
NFL2k3 is a man game, no kid game like Madden. You really needt o practice to understand how to play the game. Kid place and Man place. NFL2k3 welcome to a Man place.

Taranis
08-28-2002, 03:39 PM
I want to buy NFL 2K3, but I also want a really good college game. Sure, I could buy EA's college game and 2K3, but then I couldn't import my graduating seniors into my NFL draft. So, I think I should buy both the NFL and the college game from the same franchise.

Does this make sense?

The way I see it, I can buy the EA franchise and get the #1 college game, but get the #2 NFL game with no online (not very important to me). Or, I can go with Sega and get the best NFL game, but a below average college game. It's just too much.

I think, even though I don't particularly care about online, that may be what pushes me over the edge. I might be moving soon, and then I can get broadband. I'll be jonesing for online then, right?

So, I guess what I need help deciding is if importing graduating college players into my NFL draft is reason enough for me not to buy Sega's NFL and EA's college.

Woocifer
08-28-2002, 04:10 PM
Personally I've been playing NFL2K3 for the past week... I am getting nowhere in terms of game play or standings. In fact this game puts way too much stress on me. It is so one sided that it isnt funny.

The AI in the game is a good balance, but I find that even when you've beaten the computer, it still will throw an errant defender at a reciever, tap him on the shoulder and the reciever will drop the ball EVERY TIME.

When I'm on D, I mash up their reciever and they hang on to the ball???? Why is that? Why do the physics suddenly shift for the computer?

It is almost physically impossible to break through the field goal line...I know its not likely, but it has been done. The game just feels a little too solid and a little too unfair.

So I tried changing up the difficulty ratings...they still cheat like *******s, the only thing it did was have their kicker punt really really bad.

I tried to stay on top of this game, but it just feels totally unfair!!!

Zero
08-28-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Zero

what an ugly post. why dont you stop repeating yourself and actually say WHY you dont like it?

you know what, my bad. the game does suck ass. i just bought it, wanna trade it for fever....

robnyack
08-28-2002, 07:31 PM
hey Woo,

blocking kicks is supposed to be very hard. How many blocked kicks do you think there are a season in the NFL??

About as many as you want per game, I am guessing.

Robflare
08-29-2002, 10:30 AM
I bought 2k3 after renting all 3. I preferred realism vs. arcade and fever brings that to the table. The thing with 2k3 is you have to practice, and learn which plays your quarterback and receivers can succeed with. I use the Bucs and Brad Johnson can hit Dilger 7 out of 10 times, but gets killed trying to go deep to Keyshawn. That's reality. Keyshawn Johnson primarily catches slant and sideline 10-15 yard routes. If you are using the team you know best, you should know which plays are more likely to work.

However, if you want to complete long bombs to Key, then buy Fever. I'm not even mentioning Madden because the players look like goofy bobble head dolls.

My only complaint with 2k3 is the grass lucks crappy and the colors are a little washed out on the players.

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 11:38 AM
Robflare,
Great job. Best choice too. See, I can tell you're a smart man. You rented all 3. Yes, NFL2k3 overpowered them once again. Spent money on real stuff, not crap like Madden. I understand been around for alongtime, but bigger and better things are here like sega NFL2k3. Everyone want to get into online scene. Go NFL2k3!