PDA

View Full Version : Amusing Halo experience

dave_m123
08-27-2002, 10:51 AM
Was playing Halo today on the level Keyes and had just gotten to the captain. I had forgetten to kill one of the flood and it switched to the cutscene and as all the talking was going on the flood killed me and then the captains head was burst open by nothing while I lay dead on the floor :D.

Anyway the cutscene ended and i was ressurected much to the surprise of the flood who i blew away :D.

Ninja Scroll
08-27-2002, 10:57 AM
That's cool, did you just buy this classic or are you just a Halo addict?

Ulchie
08-27-2002, 11:03 AM
haha ya Ive had something similar happen to me....I guess thats what happens when the cutscenes are on the fly like that

dave_m123
08-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Had it since launch in the UK which was about 4 month ago but only just got round to playing it through a second time. First time something like this has happened to me lol.

Ninja Scroll
08-27-2002, 12:24 PM
Well I only played through it once on Normal mode and then after I heard their was a special ending for beating da game on Legendary mode I just skipped all da way to da last level and saw dat fruity ending. It's was funny,..but ;lame.:D

MerimacHamwich
08-27-2002, 02:43 PM
Once on the level, The SIlent Cartographer, my little brother took the warthog into the bowels of the buildings. He drove it into the first door you come across. He left it there and continued to play, then he got to the cutscene where it shows an elite come out of the door. The elite walks out and immediatly dies during the cutscene becuase the warthog is still there and its shakin all over like crazy. It was pretty funny.

thebruce
08-27-2002, 02:55 PM
I was playing co-op with my buddy once and we killed all the covenent attacking us except one which was just kind of standing there. So we walk up to him and take a look at him (it was one of the tall ones) and start zooming in on him etc and he's just standing there. Then all you here is w0rt w0rt w0rt and the f0cker hit me and killed me. It was as is he lured us over just so that he could melee me in the face!

DVDGNZ
08-28-2002, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Once on the level, The SIlent Cartographer, my little brother took the warthog into the bowels of the buildings. He drove it into the first door you come across. He left it there and continued to play, then he got to the cutscene where it shows an elite come out of the door. The elite walks out and immediatly dies during the cutscene becuase the warthog is still there and its shakin all over like crazy. It was pretty funny.

LOL! I'm going to play that level again just to see that!:cool:

Citainus
08-28-2002, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Well I only played through it once on Normal mode and then after I heard their was a special ending for beating da game on Legendary mode I just skipped all da way to da last level and saw dat fruity ending. It's was funny,..but ;lame.:D

You have not played HALO until you have played the entire game on legendary....

Ninja Scroll
08-28-2002, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Citainus

And how is dat junior? Because you fight more difficult enemies?
Yaaaaaaaaaawn http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/sleeping.gif

Citainus
08-28-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

And how is dat junior? Because you fight more difficult enemies?
Yaaaaaaaaaawn http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/images/icons/sleeping.gif

They don't fight the same as the other difficulties, there is a reason people praise the AI and that is the reason...the whole gameplay aspect...

Spike Minoda
08-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by thebruce
I was playing co-op with my buddy once and we killed all the covenent attacking us except one which was just kind of standing there. So we walk up to him and take a look at him (it was one of the tall ones) and start zooming in on him etc and he's just standing there. Then all you here is w0rt w0rt w0rt and the f0cker hit me and killed me. It was as is he lured us over just so that he could melee me in the face!

I tried that and it didnt work for me, but you can just put a plasma grenade on one side of the door and it kills the commander on the other side

Markus_Kalarkus
08-28-2002, 01:15 PM
one time in the end scene of assualt on the control room i opened the last switch, thaT opened the door to exit the level then quickly hoped back in the banshee, and i started ramming rhe door then it opened and since the banshee was still moving it crushed him and the camera was moving across the screen and he was laying deaD:) also in the level keyes when u get sucked back into the ship an elite killed me so as i was getting sucked up i got shot and fell back down:D

Markus_Kalarkus
08-28-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Citainus

thats true:)

DVDGNZ
08-29-2002, 04:14 AM
On the level where you have to find Captain Keyes for the first time I clocked him in the head when he was sitting in his cell and he died but when the cut scene started he was resurrected. Pretty funny.

stewy_gt
08-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by thebruce
That happened to me before. The difference is that is was one of the Flood. It just stood there, until I was close to it, then made its move. lol.

Also, on of those little Flood had jumped on one of the small covenant and the covenant was screaming "Get it off." When the covenant died, the little Flood was still attached to it, as though it was sucking the blood from the corpse. I took scrutinized its behavior, then shot a bullet beside it. It just spang off of the body and hit me.