PDA

View Full Version : Is Dead To Rights worth buying?

P-Rock
08-27-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey is Dead To Rights really worth buying? I have heard mixed reviews about it. Should I rent it first, buy it, or stay just stay away from it?

Chaotic
08-27-2002, 03:49 PM
It's a great game.

It's a good buy, but you wouldnt be wrong renting it either then making your choice.

Spaztic
08-27-2002, 04:56 PM
this game kicks ass! I would buy it!

DZNUTZ
08-27-2002, 05:17 PM
i'd rent it first.
while its seems to hold attention...i'm guessing that once u beat it...it will not see the inside of your xbox ever again.

Xracer
08-27-2002, 06:31 PM
if you played max payne picture 10X although like DZ said once you beat it you may not want to play it again,, although taking human shields is a hellva lot fun!!

also the controls take some time to get use too

Reclaimer
08-27-2002, 10:09 PM
I bought the game without renting it first. That was a pretty big gamble. But I love the game so it paid off. But I recommend renting first because the control issue might not appeal to everyone. Just the way you steer a camera and yourself seperately can be a little weird. But once you get over the learning curve, you'll be alright.

Snapple
08-28-2002, 07:05 AM
ill have to rent it cause of all the different reviews

pimpineezhoes
08-28-2002, 09:47 AM
The game is off the hook. I have only had it for 2 days and I love playing it. There are different challenges and such will easily kep your attention.

Duke
08-28-2002, 10:49 AM
For me it was worth buying. It'll definitely take me longer than the rental period to beat it, and there's not much else that I'm really into until XBL comes out.

But I agree that the replay value will be almost non-existent for anyone but the biggest fans of this game.

Tkf5000
08-29-2002, 02:31 PM
aesome game. no replay value. if u buy a lot of games get this. if not dont. its truly one of the best games i have ever played. a little on the easy side but a few parts were a decent challenge. i cant belive people said it was hard. i beat it last night. ive been playing after school the past 3 days and i havent had time to post. this game has everything. way better than max payne. and it doesnt have max payne controls for a good reson. this is my 18th game and i have money for 2 more so i bought it. iff your one of the people who only buy a game every once and a while, only long lasting games, like say 4 games, rent it instead. but i gotta say this game is frikin awesome later in the game.

SNaray8442
08-30-2002, 11:29 PM
Adam Sessler from TechTV's Extended Play gave this game a 2/5. So I decided to go and rent it, and w00t, this game kicks. Must buy IMHO.

mrusa15
09-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Its a definite buy!!!

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 07:39 PM
Buy it if you like it, and nobody can tell you wether or not you will like it...so play it first so be safe.

MixMasta
09-02-2002, 10:53 PM
go to blockbuster and see if its guranteed in stock, if it is, and no copies, get a free rental. if its guranteed but there are copies, hide them and take a chance

i got 2 free rentals for this game, cause i really to lazy to pay for rentals

Tkf5000
09-04-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by MixMasta
go to blockbuster and see if its guranteed in stock, if it is, and no copies, get a free rental. if its guranteed but there are copies, hide them and take a chance

i got 2 free rentals for this game, cause i really to lazy to pay for rentals lol. my blockbuster hasd guarantee games and they are enever there cuz they are the only good ones and everyone rents em but then i go out and buy a game and i go to blockbuster and notice i could of rented it free and the game i just got was crappy (example bruce lee and dtr, well dtr was one of my favorite games but it was short,easy,and had no replay value.)

studepaber
09-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000
well dtr was one of my favorite games but it was short,easy,and had no replay value.)

Whaaaa?? Okay so maybe it has little or no replay value, but short and easy? You must have angry mad skills (either that or you figured out the god mode).

Highlite23
09-06-2002, 08:32 AM
DTR is a great game...If you take the time to learn how to play. It's not short, IMO, and alot of fun.

If youfelt it was short, and you already finished it, you my friend are a god.;)

LOL:D

PostalSmurf
09-07-2002, 11:14 PM
THIS GAME ROCKS! It could be a bit harder, but other than that it is great. It brings together a great combo of guns, hand to hand, and tactics. 4.5 on the scale!:D

Liquid Gears
09-08-2002, 02:32 PM
HeII NO!!