PDA

View Full Version : Capcom's HAte For Sony

faceoff508
08-27-2002, 02:39 PM
Capcom's Biohazard producer Mikami criticized Sony & Square in a recent radio program interview in Japan. Here's what he had to say.

1. He mentioned that Sony makes their consoles to break to increase their installed base. He said the PS2 is selling so well because many people are buying a second one for replacement.

2. Other than PS2, he mentioned the current PC systems, walkman and Docomo cellphones are also easy to break, he said manufacturers purposely make the systems easier to break, so that customers have to purchase a new one every one or two years.

3. He said he has bought two PlayStation in the past, because the CD lens wore out quickly. When he played Super Robot Taisen on PS, it took one minute to load up each battle, he was so ****ed off that he had to get a new PlayStation to play the game.

4. He expressed that Square's Kingdom Hearts is selling so well because of "Aura Purchase", i.e. people buy this game because his/her friends are playing the same game, dispute whether he/she likes the game or not. He said Kingdom Hearts does not deserve the 780,000+ sales, it doesn't worth the 7800 yen price tag.

5. At last he said "Square please forgive me", because he was so angry that Kingdom Hearts has sold a whole lot more than Biohazard on GameCube (both games released at the same time), he thinks Biohazard is a much better quality game, although Kingdom Hearts is not a bad game either.

http://www.xboxevolved.com/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1030420708,74463,

GokuX
08-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Not sure whether to believe that he actually said all this. I find it hard to believe that re-buys would contribute millions upons millions of units to the total number of sales. It seems to me that if that were the case, we'd be hearing about class action lawsuits against Sony or at least a decent peep in the news about it.

DZNUTZ
08-27-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Sam
nice find....

:rolleyes: horrible post :rolleyes:

JJaX
08-27-2002, 03:24 PM
I believe it.......

Hell, My PS1 is the only system ive ever owned that doesnt work any more. WHat a piece of s4it

Revit_X_man
08-27-2002, 03:45 PM
Ive gone through 3 Ps2's in 9 months, two of them gave me dirty disc errors more than 1/2 the time I played it.(I'm glad I got the 1 year replacment warrenty form EB) The third ones fan died, and I didn't know and the thing melted on me. You could smell the smoke from inside the Ps2, seepping out of the air vents. I said to myself screw the Ps2, got my 4th one sold it on Ebay along with my 5 games and multitap for $650. Used that money to buy my bundled(Nov 15) Xbox and HDTV Monster cables.
SO F.U SONY!!!

The Hitman
08-27-2002, 10:24 PM
Its the real deal. It was a radio interview. Its all in japanese, but somebody got a translation of it.

Finchy
08-27-2002, 11:01 PM
Dudes must like their PS2 if they go out and buy a new one. Especially when the Xbox is the same price.

The Hitman
08-27-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Finchy
Dudes must like their PS2 if they go out and buy a new one. Especially when the Xbox is the same price.

They can't get enough of those cookie cutter rpg's.

Revit_X_man
08-28-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by The Hitman

They can't get enough of those cookie cutter rpg's.

I didnt but a PS2 for the rpgs, I bought it for GT3 and MGS 2, its a bummer I had to wait a couple months.

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 12:21 AM
I went through 2 PS2's too. I still have the second one but of course its in my sons room cause the xbox is on the big screen. Anyway I had first PS2 for about 5 months when Madden 2002 came out. I bought it and NCAA 2003 and could play neither game on the system I had. I quickly took it back to the store warranty or no warranty they were taking it back and giving me a new one. It didnt take much convincing, the guy took the PS2 and gave me a brand spanking new one to replace it. Also gave me a brand new madden just in case...LOL! Anyway, the way he accepted it with no problem makes me think something was up and sony told retail outlets to replace them if they are brought back.

Anyway love my Xbox AND PS2(well my son calls it his now.)