PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of PS2 Turok and Xbox Turok...

Radar
08-27-2002, 05:56 PM
These are the closest pictures I could find in my comparison...

PS2 Turok Shotgun...
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/turok_0822_9.jpg

XBox Turok Shotgun...
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_27.jpg

If anyone has closer screenshots to compare, let me know...

EggsBox
08-27-2002, 06:10 PM
The Xbox version is more crispy. :p

RedMeat
08-27-2002, 06:41 PM
The PS2 shot definately looks much better. The Xbox version is too busy. Who needs writing on bullets? (Just kidding.)

Actually, why doesn't the PS2 shot have a health and ammo meter?

Snoopy7548
08-27-2002, 07:36 PM
the ps2 screen has really really great draw distance. lol:)

l Maximus l
08-27-2002, 08:24 PM
While looking at the PoS2 shot...I only have one question. Why isn't Turok shooting the dinosaur?!?! What an IDIOT!!! :D

robphillips79
08-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Well I officially don't wanna play this game. I hate that stupid shooting cursor. They need to make every fps with a circle for the shooting cursor.

|
- -
|

that's not a good cursor

O

that's a good cursor

EDIT: That first cursor looks all messed. It's fine in my text, but I don't think this form accounts for hard spaces.

l Maximus l
08-27-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by robphillips79
Well I officially don't wanna play this game. I hate that stupid shooting cursor. They need to make every fps with a circle for the shooting cursor.

|
- -
|

that's not a good cursor

O

that's a good cursor

Let's make a stand! This is serious!!!!!!!!

MerimacHamwich
08-27-2002, 09:37 PM
At least the PS2 can make games look like DreamCast! Talk about horrible textures.

wweomaniac
08-27-2002, 09:57 PM
let's not compare screenshots until the game comes out...

hate everyone dissing ps2.

the ps2 pic looks like it was taken a lot earlier than the xbox version...

MerimacHamwich
08-27-2002, 10:03 PM
Or it is just a lot worse than the XBOX screenshot. PS2 doesn't have graphics that can compare to top of the line xbox graphics. Just keep that in mind.

Ulchie
08-27-2002, 10:06 PM
Umm it seems to me like the thread starter purposefully picked the crappiest ps2 shot he could find in order to make xbox look superior(although it definantly is) and would make this a nice show of fanboyism if my suspicion is correct.

RedMeat
08-27-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
let's not compare screenshots until the game comes out...

hate everyone dissing ps2.

the ps2 pic looks like it was taken a lot earlier than the xbox version...

We can do whatever we want. We're unruly.

RedMeat
08-27-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Ulchie
Umm it seems to me like the thread starter purposefully picked the crappiest ps2 shot he could find in order to make xbox look superior(although it definantly is) and would make this a nice show of fanboyism if my suspicion is correct.

Actually, he picked pictures that showed similar objects in similar lighting. The SHOTGUN is what you're supposed to be comparing, and you can see the PS2 version is comparatively crude.

MerimacHamwich
08-27-2002, 10:10 PM
I think he just found a picture on each console with the shotgun in it.

RedMeat
08-27-2002, 10:11 PM
Is there an echo in here ;)

Jarvis
08-28-2002, 12:11 AM
Emotion Engine is it called?

Only fcking emotion I'd be feeling if I had a PS2 is pain !

-jarvis

Kraft
08-28-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RedMeat

We can do whatever we want. We're unruly.

LOL! *runs around in a circle, screaming, with his hands waiving in the air to "go against the social norm"* Quick, lets go find some cops and make oinking noises!

Radar
08-28-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Ulchie

As others have stated, I simply found two pics with shotguns. I went to IGN and pulled up the PS2 screenshots, and Xbox screenshots. If you can find better comparison pictures, be my guest and post them. I am a fan of the Xbox, but I can look at things objectively. If you track my posting history both here and at TeamXBox you'll see I'm telling the truth. Since you probably don't have the desire or time to do that, just take my word for it.:p

Radar
08-28-2002, 12:55 AM
ok, here's two more pictures I found. I'll put the dates on these pictures as well.

First The Xbox picture dated July 31, 2002
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/turok_073102_05.jpg

Now the PS2 picture dated August 22, 2002
http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/turok_0822_13.jpg

Tinny
08-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Um why are we even arguing this? The Box is easily the clear winner when it comes to graphics. What I want to know is the game play. I am looking forward to this game, especially if the controls will be the same as Halo (and if not, I hope we are able to change that). So game play... do any of you guys (Americans) have a demo of this game to play or something? Comparison of the gameplay on both consoles?

Radar
08-28-2002, 09:31 AM
ebgames.com is supposed to have their copies today. Maybe someone will start posting actual gameplay commentary today. I'm picking up my copy tomorrow. I'll let you know how the gameplay is...

Mercury
08-28-2002, 09:37 AM
I can't wait to get this game. I'm sure it will be great. Radar, let's us know how it is. I don't think it will be available around here until the end of the week.

Tinny
08-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey thanks guys. But play it for longer then a day before coming straight here to post your opinion. I want to know how this game can play, and I want to give it it's due, fairly. Ofcourse I will ultimately decide on a demo, but gamer opinions are welcomed aswell. Good gaming.

(A couple magazine in the UK have posted a review on Turok, it's a prety decent game by their standards, except it's just a standard FPS - I don't expect another Halo but I don't really want just another FPS, so any cool new functions would be great, especially information about the wild life you encounter and your interaction with them)

Mr Blonde
08-28-2002, 09:56 AM
Why isn't Turok shooting the dinosaur?!?! What an IDIOT!!!
Maybe he didn't realise that was actually a shotgun he was carrying, can't blame him really :D

morfeeis
08-28-2002, 11:58 AM
""If you track my posting history both here and at TeamXBox""

did you have to say TXB and remind me of my pain.

Radar
08-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by morfeeis
""If you track my posting history both here and at TeamXBox""

did you have to say TXB and remind me of my pain.

It'll come back again...someday. ;)

WynnFire
08-28-2002, 01:53 PM
I think the reason the the First PS2 Screenshot doesn't have a health bar and isn't shooting is because it's a movie sequence. Well that's what it looks like anyway.