PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Lookit THIS!

Zero
08-27-2002, 06:53 PM
you can get full sealed games which are still in early development! doom 3! deus x 2! PROJECT EGO! hundreds of games for only $700!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1376306151

i'm gonna warn the sucker who bid.....

Zero
08-27-2002, 07:02 PM
i sent an e-mail to the seller (threatening) and buyer (warning)

i say we ALL bid on it, rasing it to like $20 000 just to get his hopes up and then the winner dont pay. watch, the moron would contact ebay. :eek: and tell them that the buyer didn't pay for his scam :confused:

Slacker
08-27-2002, 08:19 PM
maybe someone should contact Ebay and let them know ,

l Maximus l
08-27-2002, 08:21 PM
That lucky baastard! He gets to play Unreal Championship right now!

:rolleyes:

robphillips79
08-27-2002, 08:30 PM
Didn't Microsoft have a contest where the winner got all 70 games out at the time? I'm not saying this guy isn't lying, but I'm also not saying he's lying, either.

CajunIsRagin
08-27-2002, 08:32 PM
What a crock of sh-it. He is posting games that are still in the making. What a dumba$$.

l Maximus l
08-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by robphillips79
Didn't Microsoft have a contest where the winner got all 70 games out at the time? I'm not saying this guy isn't lying, but I'm also not saying he's lying, either.

Dude...did you see the list of games that he had? Many of the games that he allegedly "has" haven't even been finished! Kinda fishy, eh? (No, I'm not Canadian :D)

robphillips79
08-27-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Dude...did you see the list of games that he had? Many of the games that he allegedly "has" haven't even been finished! Kinda fishy, eh? (No, I'm not Canadian :D)

oh, well i didn't read them all. just saw the gist of it. then he's a lying *****.

MidniteArrow
08-27-2002, 08:50 PM
Assuming the person who won the 70 game package wanted to sell, this could be him. If it is, he probably just got ahold of the list of all the games (ALL the games, not the ones he won) and just put that up there without looking at it. He says he won 70 games, and that's what's for sale, then he lists 200+ games. I stopped counting at 30 and had only counted 5 lines - the list was about 2 pages.

morfeeis
08-27-2002, 08:57 PM
o man cool i hold high bid , lol i am going to get these games for the low low price of $1,400.09

robphillips79
08-27-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by morfeeis
o man cool i hold high bid , lol i am going to get these games for the low low price of $1,400.09

did you really bid? if so, why?

midnight
08-27-2002, 09:09 PM

I just saw your name as the high bidder and thought it looked familiar. LOL

I wonder how high it will go.

P-Rock
08-27-2002, 09:13 PM
This is the biggest load of crap I've heard today...

Waiting to hear more tomorow....I'll be biting my socks and cleaning the dishes

wweomaniac
08-27-2002, 09:18 PM
If this isn't a scam, then what is?

Curll84
08-27-2002, 09:32 PM
I just bid $25,000

Zero
08-27-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Curll84
I just bid $25,000

LMAO
i'm gonna bid 24900 just to make it up to 25

Zero
08-27-2002, 10:42 PM
i sent him an e-mail trying to scare him (though what i said is fake) and he replied:

wow its funny how you have games that are not to be released until 2004 and have not even begun development. dont expect the guy to pay you, i'm gonna warn him. i'm reporting you to ebay. hopefully they'll track your IP address and i'll report you to the FBI under internet fraud. if it were something small, they wouldn't care. but $1000? you're done.

response:

You're an ass, I have gift certificates that will be redeemed when the games are released. Mind your own ****in business. All the bidders know this

i replied:

uh-huh. and how exactly do all the bidders know this?

awaiting response

Curll84
08-27-2002, 11:33 PM
My bid is up to $74,000

huskerman44
08-27-2002, 11:55 PM
Anybody who is bidding better hope that this is not real for the simple fact that if it is, you will be responsible to pay the full amount bid.

What do you think, they can't trace it back to you?

sinizuh
08-28-2002, 12:00 AM
Monopoly Party

and some of those games don't even excist.

Finchy
08-28-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by huskerman44
Anybody who is bidding better hope that this is not real for the simple fact that if it is, you will be responsible to pay the full amount bid.

What do you think, they can't trace it back to you?

Yes, I agree. Hope the guys who put down a bid read the part just below the bidding area. It goes a little something like this....

"Your bid is a contract - Place a bid only if you're serious about buying the item. If you are the winning bidder, you will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller."

I hope you guys have a good excuse for not paying.

midnight
08-28-2002, 12:34 AM
Dude, you guys are crazy. Did one of you really bid $26,000? I...LOL..damn. One of you nutty mofo's have to get it up to $50,000.

edit: Be careful. I don't know if this is a good idea.lol

DVDGNZ
08-28-2002, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Finchy

Yes, I agree. Hope the guys who put down a bid read the part just below the bidding area. It goes a little something like this....

"Your bid is a contract - Place a bid only if you're serious about buying the item. If you are the winning bidder, you will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller."

I hope you guys have a good excuse for not paying.

How can you believe that it has any chance of being real? He says that he has the games and they are sealed and brand new! It's BS and I hope this guy gets in some trouble.

Finchy
08-28-2002, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by DVDGNZ

How can you believe that it has any chance of being real? He says that he has the games and they are sealed and brand new! It's BS and I hope this guy gets in some trouble.

The dudes bidding aren't helping the situation. Just feeding the fire.

Zero
08-28-2002, 07:33 AM
the contract at ebay states that if the seller changes the number of items or the type of item in any way then u dont have to pay. so when he says "oh i forgot that i'm only going to mail you these games...." you dont have to pay

BullitNC
08-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Yeah, he's right. If the seller can't produce all 200+ games at auction's end, you don't have to pay. We all know he doesn't have the games on hand. What he'll try to do is tell the bidder that he has certificates, or something, and will mail them to you when he gets them. That's still illegal, he has to provide every game listed, as he says in the auction. He can't switch and offer you certificates instead. No deal, seller breaks the contract, ebay can't hold the bidder to the "contract". Seller stuck with HUGE bill to ebay, as their fees are done in percents of your bids. Run it up!

Spike Minoda
08-28-2002, 11:34 AM
388 games... 388x50= 19,400

smack119
08-28-2002, 01:53 PM
hey guys i checked that thing lastnight and laughed at it..... but i went to check it now to see how high you guys got it and it says invaild item (or something like that) i guess he realized he was a moron, either that or ebay caught on and cancelled it on him :)

Zero
08-28-2002, 02:58 PM
i contacted ebay and told them

ebay sent my an email telling me that the auction was cancelled by ebay and the seller was suspended

damn i was hopin they'd give me somethin for free for reporting it :(

lefiend
08-28-2002, 04:48 PM
you guys are rats who told ebay, seriously!!

who really cares if this dude is selling these things, even if they arent real, the person who buys it is the idiot

you remind me of kindergarten kids telling the teacher that another kid said the f word!

losers.....

Zero
08-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by lefiend

who really cares if this dude is selling these things, even if they arent real, the person who buys it is the idiot

you remind me of kindergarten kids telling the teacher that another kid said the f word!

losers.....

i honestly hope you get scammed majorly someday, then i will laugh...

and i never tell on anyone in real life, on the net though if i see a big scam brewin, i thought i'd save the poor guy $700 USD

so shutup.

morfeeis
08-28-2002, 08:42 PM
you guys should have leyt the auction go on, it was a sure bet that one of us would have won. i was hoping it was me so i could just replay to the guys e-mail with 100 lol e-mail's

o well anyone else find an e-bay scam let me know . we will have that suckere up to 400k.

Zero
08-28-2002, 09:32 PM

o well anyone else find an e-bay scam let me know . we will have that suckere up to 400k.

*runs off to ebay to look *

Citainus
08-28-2002, 09:38 PM

losers.....

So you're saying letting people lose their hard earned cash is good?

MidniteArrow
08-28-2002, 10:56 PM

losers.....

So if I see someone kill someone, I should just keep it to myself?

lefiend
08-29-2002, 12:46 AM
no man, just tell the guy whos sellin it, dont rat him off to ebay

people like me want to see the outcome of funny auctions like that,

seriously

people who are dumb enough to bid on those things deserve to get ripped off

(in my opinion)

:p :eek:

Vicman
08-29-2002, 01:09 AM
Just to clear up something to some of you ebay neophytes. The worst ebay can do to a non paying bidder is warn them, after 2 warnings the next offence is an account suspension. So if you were to bid on something legit with an enourmous bid (say $100,000) there's nothing really that ebay could do to you.

The seller could on the other hand try to track you down and take you to court for messing up his auction. But then again he could also end the auction early and relist it or ask ebay for a refund on his auction listing fees due to a non-paying bidder.
I've had to deal with this myself before.

-Vicman
ebay seller