PDA

View Full Version : What happened to that XBOX CLAW?

nutsnyomowf
08-27-2002, 08:31 PM
ME i thought that was a pretty good idea!!! i was wondering if anyone had any new info on the claw? or what ever it was called

robphillips79
08-27-2002, 08:33 PM
I have no idea, but I hope it never comes out.

tRuNkZ
08-27-2002, 08:40 PM
What the hell is Xbox claw?

Tyan
08-27-2002, 08:42 PM
They scrapped the Claw and are focusing all their efforts on 'The Cuffs'. 'The Cuffs' are these green handcuffs microsoft uses to attatch users to the xbox.

nutsnyomowf
08-27-2002, 08:43 PM
i dont want to bring up old post,all i want to know is this thing gona make it to the shelvs or new news on it but to trunks its like a keyboard and mouse but smaller and only used for gaming no letters on it

wweomaniac
08-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Tyan
They scrapped the Claw and are focusing all their efforts on 'The Cuffs'. 'The Cuffs' are these green handcuffs microsoft uses to attatch users to the xbox. lol.

I hope they did cancel the claw. The claw would be too cheap. Halo is a slow moving game, and the claw would allow any newb to master sniping easily.

Claw would be good for maybe a faster paced game.

Halo is s l o w m o t i o n

nutsnyomowf
08-27-2002, 08:49 PM
UNREAL looks to be moving a hella lot faster than HALO!!! UNREAL will be perfect for that claw thingy.im gona be honest the reason why i dont own HALO is because i cant play it with a key board and mouse i look at it like this unreal tourny on pc or halo on my xbox ha ha halo will never get played by me,jus my opinion.now i do borrow it from my friend every now and then but if i had a keyboard and mouse id play it everyday im spoilled by my pc sorry controller lovers

lllSmokelll
08-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by tRuNkZ
What the hell is Xbox claw?
a mouse
http://www.claw.com.au/press/xbox/IMG_0755.jpg

Xaminor
08-27-2002, 09:36 PM
I hope this one comes through. This is a great idea. There is a mouse something like this for the PC, but it is expensive and you would have to reconnect and disconnect it to use your PC for other things.

Xaminor
08-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
lol.

I hope they did cancel the claw. The claw would be too cheap. Halo is a slow moving game, and the claw would allow any newb to master sniping easily.

Claw would be good for maybe a faster paced game.

Halo is s l o w m o t i o n

Yes Halo is more realistic (try turning your head in real life as fast as you can turn it in Counter Strike, lol), and Halo runs at 30FPS as well. If you read about Halo 2 though you will see that it is suppose to be like Halo on fire, being chased in a hospital zone by ninjas, those are Bungies words anyways.

DVDGNZ
08-28-2002, 02:42 AM
Well if I was in a firefight for my life I would turn faster than the mouse lets you! The Claw would be awesome for UC!

mrgrod
08-28-2002, 08:37 AM
I'll never understand you hardcore mouse and keyboard people:eek: . I mean, I DO understand...you got yourself used to one method, and you've gotten yourselves so used to it, you just can't adapt. I've played many games both ways. I personally prefer a controller, but if some kick ass game came out, like Halo for instance, and I was forced to use a mouse and keyboard, I'd just suck it up and use 'em....and once I gave it some time, I'd master it and kick everyone's ass.....as usual;) . I feel especially bad for nutsnyomowf, because he (like many others) has himself so deluded that he honestly believes that he is "spoiled" by being stuck playing games in only one style. It's a shame that someone would pass up on a GREAT game like Halo just because they are unable to master, and feel 100% comfortable with two different control schemes. But to each his own.....we all make our own decisions in life.

Mercury
08-28-2002, 09:44 AM
That claw is a piece of sheet! I hope it never comes out.

wweomaniac
08-28-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Mercury
That claw is a piece of sheet! I hope it never comes out. here here

nutsnyomowf
08-28-2002, 04:43 PM
I'll never understand you hardcore mouse and keyboard people . I mean, I DO understand...you got yourself used to one method, and you've gotten yourselves so used to it, you just can't adapt. I've played many games both ways. I personally prefer a controller, but if some kick ass game came out, like Halo for instance, and I was forced to use a mouse and keyboard, I'd just suck it up and use 'em....and once I gave it some time, I'd master it and kick everyone's ass.....as usual . I feel especially bad for nutsnyomowf, because he (like many others) has himself so deluded that he honestly believes that he is "spoiled" by being stuck playing games in only one style. It's a shame that someone would pass up on a GREAT game like Halo just because they are unable to master, and feel 100% comfortable with two different control schemes. But to each his own.....we all make our own decisions in life.

on my behalf i can play with a controller thank u. i play halo with my friends all the time. playing it alone not really im a multi player freak hint "UREAL,UNreal tourny"(dude its like choosing a automatic over a stickshift people will say hey i like the clutch but in the back of there mind the automatic is way more comfortable) i know the controls on halo are good for a controller but why settle for 2nd best if XBOX can get this claw thingy and lets be real guys,HALO would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better to the catrillionth power!!! say what u want but keyboard and mouse is superb for 1st person shooters hands down no need to say more!!! for right now the controller wins cause this thing looks to have no life right now but if the claw hit the shelf at your local store for the XBOX i would hope that u contrlloer freak would change your mind and go by one cause that would be your A$$

LynxFX
08-28-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by nutsnyomowf
on my behalf i can play with a controller thank u. i play halo with my friends all the time. playing it alone not really im a multi player freak hint "UREAL,UNreal tourny"(dude its like choosing a automatic over a stickshift people will say hey i like the clutch but in the back of there mind the automatic is way more comfortable) i know the controls on halo are good for a controller but why settle for 2nd best if XBOX can get this claw thingy and lets be real guys,HALO would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better to the catrillionth power!!! say what u want but keyboard and mouse is superb for 1st person shooters hands down no need to say more!!! for right now the controller wins cause this thing looks to have no life right now but if the claw hit the shelf at your local store for the XBOX i would hope that u contrlloer freak would change your mind and go by one cause that would be your A$$

Pretty much what I'm thinking. :) I just want to have the choice of choosing which type of controller I can use, not be forced. Options are always good.