PDA

View Full Version : Would like to see this in next Morrowind

MoonDrake
08-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Posted this on the Morrowind review. Hope some of it comes to life.

Ok here we go.
1. That freaken dirty disk message fix and fix it fast. this will hamper any furure purchases.
2. As I have stated I have enjoyed many Rpg's. Perhaps making it system link compatible. still giving us multiplayer while avoiding the costly Massivly multiplayer Rpg cost.
Having friends to help with certain things would be nice, not to mention the enjoyment shared with close friends, who by the way ALL OWN this game too.Sure you could make the creatures harder to kill for multiple people attacking it. or just one person who is creative in his attacks.Perhaps the ability to BUY your own house,keep or castle (leaning heavily on castle) Maybe owning a shop for extra $$
3. when you KILL a character make sure they stay dead. I killed one only to have him reappear later on asking me to help him with the same quest I killed him for in the first place.
4. Though I do Like having all those spells. Perhaps a way to drag ten or so spells that you use most or plan on using soon to and area where you can reach them quickly without having to scroll through 10,000 spells. ten ready to use spells at your finger tip.
5. Take the road of Ultima Online. Have Runes that you can Mark to recall to, instead of just ONE mark to recall to.You can mark as many spots as you have runes to.

6. If your going to have a sword that does fire damage, why not have a sword made of Fire (with,I dont know, Flames?)
7. And this may be pushing it. But once again using UO for an example. Let us have boats (that we can sail ourselves) to get around with. sure there expensive but worth it. And of course Horses and pack horses.
8. would be nice to be able to carry bags (containers) to put things in. and maybe be able to carry furniture so yo can set you home up the way you want it.like tables to set weapons upon for storage
9. This is really more of a question. But why have a lock spell to lock doors and containers with, if there is no one in the game who will still from you?

Master Gracey
08-28-2002, 05:19 AM
Actually, you can delete spells... I didn't realize this until just a few weeks ago. :D Look at the bottom of the spell screen. Select a spell and you'll get the option to delete it. So if you have a 10% chameleon and a 50% chameleon, you can delete the lesser one should it suit your fancy.

Boats are a GREAT GREAT GREAT idea!!! I've thought that a million times myself whilst playing the game.

Finally, I think they should keep the DDEs for the sake of nostalgia. I kinda like doing the same things over and over again while struggling to keep my game from crashing and losing hours of work. And the way that it freezes while you try to save is brilliant! **Please take note of my dripping sarcasm. :D**

Black_Tek
08-28-2002, 07:02 AM
Yes...and another thing......hopefully the designers put all type of possiblities to keep the game runing....for example:

1. I freed Adhleena way early in this game....Despite the fact that I have the Ledger for Caldera mine under a Redoran Quest....the quest giver couldn't recognize that I have the "Ledger"that he needs because I have already freed Adhaleena....
2. Alot of people have killed Nerano......Sarethi couldn't recognize that.......

But still....Morrowind is nice.....and banging:)

Jarvis
08-28-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by MoonDrake
Posted this on the Morrowind review. Hope some of it comes to life.

Ok here we go.
1. That freaken dirty disk message fix and fix it fast. this will hamper any furure purchases.
2. As I have stated I have enjoyed many Rpg's. Perhaps making it system link compatible. still giving us multiplayer while avoiding the costly Massivly multiplayer Rpg cost.
Having friends to help with certain things would be nice, not to mention the enjoyment shared with close friends, who by the way ALL OWN this game too.Sure you could make the creatures harder to kill for multiple people attacking it. or just one person who is creative in his attacks.Perhaps the ability to BUY your own house,keep or castle (leaning heavily on castle) Maybe owning a shop for extra $$
3. when you KILL a character make sure they stay dead. I killed one only to have him reappear later on asking me to help him with the same quest I killed him for in the first place.
4. Though I do Like having all those spells. Perhaps a way to drag ten or so spells that you use most or plan on using soon to and area where you can reach them quickly without having to scroll through 10,000 spells. ten ready to use spells at your finger tip.
5. Take the road of Ultima Online. Have Runes that you can Mark to recall to, instead of just ONE mark to recall to.You can mark as many spots as you have runes to.

6. If your going to have a sword that does fire damage, why not have a sword made of Fire (with,I dont know, Flames?)
7. And this may be pushing it. But once again using UO for an example. Let us have boats (that we can sail ourselves) to get around with. sure there expensive but worth it. And of course Horses and pack horses.
8. would be nice to be able to carry bags (containers) to put things in. and maybe be able to carry furniture so yo can set you home up the way you want it.like tables to set weapons upon for storage
9. This is really more of a question. But why have a lock spell to lock doors and containers with, if there is no one in the game who will still from you?

Servers and hosting cost a lot of money, so system link would be fine, but a massive multiplayer wouldn't work with no money

-jarvis

GamemasterD
08-28-2002, 09:56 AM
You could always email these ideas to Bethesda, and maybe they'll try to incorporate them into an add-on pack similar to the DOA deal. The multiplayer aspect would be great with system link, but not Xbox Live.

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 04:09 PM
Ultima Online is amazing, but they have way too many obvious problems...you cannot drink a potion if you have a weapon and shield, you need a hand free...but you can apply bandages (which you need 2 hands for) while fighting with a weapon and shield...:mad:

Recall Runes are great.

The boats in UO suck tho...

and you should be able to get your own house, just by purchasing one and putting it where u want instead of doing dumb crap.

GamemasterD
09-03-2002, 10:58 AM
The ability to set multiple marks, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!