PDA

View Full Version : hardware problems, please read NOW

rikman18
08-28-2002, 08:21 AM
on my xboxs green jewel there is a scratch, is it a manufacturers mark, i have taken good care of my xbox from day 1 , what could have caused it, does anyone know or have a similar mark?:confused:

Radar
08-28-2002, 08:24 AM
The mark on your jewel is Microsofts high tech hard coded secret serial number. Everyone has a unique shape and length to the scratch. Thanks for your contribution...

Chr0nik
08-28-2002, 08:26 AM
Could be anything. Mine has a scratch on it from when I remove it from my audio rack. The top sometimes grazes the wood on the shelf, no biggy.

Mr Blonde
08-28-2002, 08:44 AM
I have had 5 xboxes and all (i think) had small scratches round the rim of the jewel. It's the sticky plastic wrap that removes a bit of paint.

Zion
08-28-2002, 08:46 AM
1) How is this a hardware problem? Is that sticker preventing your Xbox from working?

2) Was it there when you bought your Xbox? If yes, then it may have come from the factory that way. If it was not there when you first bought it, then you (or someone) scratched it somehow.

ice_141
08-28-2002, 08:49 AM
mine has no scratch on it. i have mine enclosed behind two wooden doors, so nothing can get in there and scracth it.

Spaztic
08-28-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by rikman18
on my xboxs green jewel there is a scratch, is it a manufacturers mark, i have taken good care of my xbox from day 1 , what could have caused it, does anyone know or have a similar mark?:confused:

I think I figured this out....I bet either you caused the scratch or you got it from the manufacter like that....I would either live with the scratch or I will buy your damaged xbox for $25. PM me if interested!

Slacker
08-28-2002, 12:47 PM
mine has a scratch on the front , I noticed when I was pulling it of the box , so theres some clumsy handlers somewhere, mines a Silver Xbox (no its not silver it says silver next to the serial number some do and some don't)