PDA

View Full Version : controller problems?

dances with broom sticks
08-28-2002, 10:21 AM
has anyone else had the joystick above the d-pad screw up on them? on one of my regular controllers it has gone wonky... it always is moving to the right... even when its pushed to the left?
anyone else have this problem and fix it? i think my warrenty is up? i got 3 controllers at launch and picked one up like 2 months ago... im not sure which the broken one is, a launch or the newwer one

Duke
08-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Don't really know how to help ya. The only problems I've had is buttons sticking. I've got dogs and live on a farm, so lots of dust and dog hair get inside. All I have to do is open, clean, and reassemble. It's pretty easy. Not sure if it'll help your problem, but give it a try before you go buying new ones.

good luck to ya

AcidJazz
08-28-2002, 10:47 AM
My A button is sticking on one my my controllers, but this is the only problem I've had so far...

dances with broom sticks
08-28-2002, 11:00 AM
yea i tried the opening and cleaning... but did u notice the joysitck? i cant figure out how i would clean that? if u have any ideas on that please share?

The Hitman
08-28-2002, 11:09 AM
My lauch controller messes up sometimes too. I notice in Halo sometimes that the aiming cursor is slowly moving to the left, but after I move the joystick around a bit, it stops.

teddeboy
08-28-2002, 11:29 AM
I've had the "stuck in one direction" happen before, and all I did was unplug it from the Xbox and plug it back in and it worked. Happened once on my regular controller and once or twice on my Interact gamepad pro. Every time, I just unplugged it and plugged it back in (the controller) and it went back to normal. Haven't had it happen in months now.

Piccolo_DBz
08-28-2002, 11:31 AM
My analog stick went out after I bashed the crap out of it thanks to NFL2k3. Mostly all of my controller problems from every console have been self inflicted :D :p