PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ran across this?

DaGameBoy
08-28-2002, 06:40 PM
The orc in Balmora Mage's Guild is gone. It disappeared earlier on in the game when I went to train with it. Now, trying to complete the main quests I have to talk to it, but it's gone. I saw a workaround for the PC version by opening the console, but there is noway to open the console for Xbox that I know of. I don't have a saved game anywhere close to when it disappeared since it was a LONG time ago. Any suggestions? (other than starting over :) )

Dar
08-28-2002, 07:42 PM
There's nothing you can do. Same thing happened to me. You're ****ed. Sorry.

SlightlySycho
08-28-2002, 08:27 PM
Same thing happened to me. Forutnately, I had already finished that part of the quest.

By the way, has anybody else ever fallen through the world? It always seems to happen indoors. It usually happens when I'm jumping around, trying to raise my acrobatics. I'll hit a corner funny, fall, take some damage, then respawn at a safe point. Weird as hell.

Dar
08-28-2002, 09:04 PM
I tend to fall through the world in lakes inside of caves. I just end up back inside the entrance. Funky.

masterchief2064
08-28-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by DaGameBoy
The orc in Balmora Mage's Guild is gone. It disappeared earlier on in the game when I went to train with it. Now, trying to complete the main quests I have to talk to it, but it's gone. I saw a workaround for the PC version by opening the console, but there is noway to open the console for Xbox that I know of. I don't have a saved game anywhere close to when it disappeared since it was a LONG time ago. Any suggestions? (other than starting over :) )

How did she disappear??? or did you kill her by accident

Shorezy
08-28-2002, 10:59 PM

Ya dude, I ran into the EXACT same problem. ALL you can do is complete every quest that doesn't involve her. As for the main quest, there is NOTHING you can do. I recomend maybe returning Morrowind from where you got it, and getting a new version. That's what i did, and i recently started over. Sorry man, i was pretty mad too.

DaGameBoy
08-28-2002, 11:43 PM
No I didn't kill her. I actually was getting training and after about 3 sessions she just up and vanished. Kinda faded out like some kind of Star Trek "Beam me up Scotty" kinda effect. Weird. I can't believe that I have to start over again though.

I got an e-mail from Bethesda as to a possible "fix". I have yet to try it though and find out if it will really work or not.

Here it is.....

Most problems encountered in Morrowind are caused because of the Xbox's finite amount of memory. Unlike PC's, the Xbox has a limited amount of RAM. As Morrowind is a huge game, it needs as much of the Xbox's RAM as possible. If too much of it is taken up, problems can happen. Below is the best way to solve the problem.

- Find a place to rest. If in a town, walk just outside of the town.
- Rest for three days straight.
- Once you have rested for three days, make a new saved game. Don't save over a previous game, make a new saved game.
- Once the game is saved, immediately load the game that was just saved.

This will help to clean up any items that have been left laying around, as well as reset any objects that have been moved in the game. The combination of these two items will help reduce the amount of memory needed to load up an area, as well as minimize the size of the save game files.

I will give it a try and see what happens. If not, I don't know if I will even try to go back and do the game over. Cause who knows what other stuff I will run into trying to finish another main quest.
Don't know. Will just have to see :(

Dar
08-28-2002, 11:58 PM
I hope it works. But honestly Bethesda has given a hundred different "methods" and I don't many are met with much success. I hate to rain on your parade, though. Good luck.

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 09:36 AM
No I didn't kill her. I actually was getting training and after about 3 sessions she just up and vanished. Kinda faded out like some kind of Star Trek "Beam me up Scotty" kinda effect. Weird. I can't believe that I have to start over again though.

That happened to me before, but with a different person, he was training me and then he dissapeared but then I found him at a different part of the guild