PDA

View Full Version : Ewwww NFL 2k3

Zero
08-28-2002, 07:14 PM
i just bought this game based on reviews i've read, and man does it blow. i mean, i dont understand how everyone's giving it such good reviews. Now, i've only played it for about half an hour, but it just really sucks. the gameplay is too slow, the reciever (whom noone is covering) always drops the friggin ball after it lands gently into his hands, the menu system for selecting plays absolutely sucks, gaps dont open as good as they do in fever 2002 for rushing (i haven't played 2003, but i may trade this for it), and altogether its just NOT fun to play. thats it. the gameplay makes me not want to play it. i just put in fever 2002 and play.

i want to convince myself not to go through the hassle and trade it for fever 2003, so i'll play for a little while longer. but man...

and what the hell is up with the washed out colours!?

lllSmokelll
08-28-2002, 07:21 PM
You should stick with madden or fever if its too hard :)

robnyack
08-28-2002, 07:28 PM
Now, i've only played it for about half an hour,...

nuff said.

NEXT!!

CrazyCougar
08-29-2002, 06:00 PM
This game ahs to be the most realistic I have played. No more 66-0 blowouts against the computer. Well you might lose 66-0 but you wont win like that!! LOL! Gie the game a chance man, its the best out there.

UltimateAg
08-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
This game ahs to be the most realistic I have played. No more 66-0 blowouts against the computer. Well you might lose 66-0 but you wont win like that!! LOL! Gie the game a chance man, its the best out there. From his comments I don't think he wants a football sim I think he wants an arcade style football game, nothing wrong with that, just different tastes. You're not kidding though crazycougar, you can't go for it on every 4th down or else you're screwd, you have to play smart.

Pipetender
08-29-2002, 09:27 PM
I would have to agree with the recievers dropping the ball. No one is near them and it just hits them and falls down! So unrealisitc. And I agree with the running part because there is NEVER a hole to go in! The linemen dont block and the HB just runs like he has the ball. Also, the kicking game is terrible. I have never seen a kicker aim out of the goalposts with a 5 mile an hour wind.

robnyack
08-30-2002, 05:10 PM
pipe,

let me guess, you played the game for about 45 minutes?

man, these kids.

Pipetender
08-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
pipe,

let me guess, you played the game for about 45 minutes?

man, these kids.

Actually I have had it for a week.

robnyack
08-30-2002, 08:36 PM
if you have had it for a week, then you really need to get some pointers from people who know how to play the game.

The game does come with SLIDERS. And they work VERY well.

CrazyCougar
08-30-2002, 10:53 PM
Man I just looked at my previous post above. What the heck was I smoking when I typed that.LOL! Typos out the.... well you know what! Anyway , I try to get a game in everyday of 2K3. This game just amazes me each time I play it. I work 4 hours, play 1, work 4 hours , play 1...LOL! Then I say heck with it and close the laptop and just play the rest of the evening. Wife don't like it thats for sure...LOL!

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 09:25 AM
Playing on Pro or All Pro can be very difficult. Sometime you might have to take control of the receicer to complete a pass. This isn't a kid game. Passing is touch and timing. TE and RB are known to drop passes. Calm down. Not an easy football game to play. Not weak like Madden and Fever. More practice on touch and timing, we all will do fine with this game.