PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Price Drop

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 08:22 PM
Xbox is now selling at $149. Just saw it advertised at Blockbuster. Brand new system (not used) for $149. I am sure PS2 isnt far behind. Will Gamecube go to $99? I love these price wars!!!

Ronald_mcd
08-28-2002, 08:24 PM
if only they would lower the price of the games. (i know i know its the money maker)

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 08:30 PM
Could be a local sale too because I dont see it selling anywhere else for that , yet.

Xbox Owner
08-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Are you sure? EB still has it for 199..:confused:

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 08:36 PM
My wife got the email from blockbuster listing the xbox with the gamecube at $149. Could be a local sale because I have been looking everywhere to see if anyone else lists it at this price.

El Papa Grande
08-28-2002, 08:42 PM
Buy A New System, Get Five FREE Game Rentals

Bring home any new Nintendo GameCube, Sony Playstation 2 or Microsoft Xbox from a participating BLOCKBUSTER store, and get five free game rentals. You can try Madden NFL 2003 one week and Turok: Evolution another - you get to choose one free game rental every week, for five weeks straight. So go ahead and buy the new game system you've been dreaming about. Then break it in with the latest game rentals - on us!

PlayStation®2 $199.99
Nintendo GameCubeTM $149.99
Microsoft XboxTM $149.99

Click here for terms & conditions.

theres the deal there running

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 08:48 PM
Yup thats the one. Thanks for the help...LOL.

BullitNC
08-28-2002, 09:42 PM
I think it would be all over the gaming media channels by now if it were true. Maybe Blockbuster just made a mistake. But I'd like to see it happen. I bought mine as soon as they dropped to $199. At $149, Sony would have some stiff competition....and I don't think Nintendo can afford to drop any lower, unless they go $139....actually I know they can't afford to drop any more. I'm going to start a pool to see who can guess how long before Nintendo stops shipping Cubes to North America. Nintendo has one major market now, Japan. Sony and XBOX are running away with every other place...specifically Sony....but I think by next summer the XBOX catalog of games will be superior to Sony's....not in quantity....that'll never happen, but vastly in quality.

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 09:55 PM
For the reasons you said , that is why Microsoft and Nintendo have ben talking. Could Mario be in the future for Xbox!!!

As for the price of $149 for the xbox, if it is a mistake or typo in the advertisment, they still have to honor it. I think I may be oging to blockbuster tomorrow to buy another box for my son's christmas gift.

Buccaneer21
08-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Good for you Cougar, help those Xbox sales. :cool:

CrazyCougar
08-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Well i guess there is motive to buying him the xbox for 149.00 then too...LOL!! HE WONT BE BUGGING ME "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA LET ME PLAY DAD!!!"

Hehehehehe...

Buccaneer21
08-28-2002, 10:16 PM
True, very true. LOL :cool:

DVDGNZ
08-28-2002, 11:45 PM
I don't see anything about this on their site. I hope it's true!

Green Gabbit
08-28-2002, 11:50 PM
With each new price cut and rebate offer, I'm just getting more and more ****ed for buying the Xbox at launch. The real Xbox action will start November 15th with the launch of XBL, and there's not too many games that I want that are out yet anyway. I could have waited, saved enough money for 3 more games, and got a free ****ing DVD Playback Kit! :mad:

DVDGNZ
08-29-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Green Gabbit
With each new price cut and rebate offer, I'm just getting more and more ****ed for buying the Xbox at launch. The real Xbox action will start November 15th with the launch of XBL, and there's not too many games that I want that are out yet anyway. I could have waited, saved enough money for 3 more games, and got a free ****ing DVD Playback Kit! :mad:

If I would have waited I would have missed out on countless Halo lan parties! Not to mention Morrowind!

FpS_PhReeK
08-29-2002, 06:36 AM

With each new price cut and rebate offer, I'm just getting more and more ****ed for buying the Xbox at launch. The real Xbox action will start November 15th with the launch of XBL, and there's not too many games that I want that are out yet anyway. I could have waited, saved enough money for 3 more games, and got a free ****ing DVD Playback Kit!

Finally someone who sees the light... I agree green,,, how fuk'd up is that,,,, I mean we were the early adopters, the ones who bought in in NOV and early DEC... what did we ever get but defective first run hardware and the chance to play a limited number (2) good games... PGR and Halo... Anyhoo I have felt more than a little used and abused by M$.

Originally posted by DVDGNZ

If I would have waited I would have missed out on countless Halo lan parties! Not to mention Morrowind!

wow glad someone is having fun with this thing... you could have played "countless hours" of any other FSP online via computer,,, but whatever dude if you feel you got your entertainment out of it thats cool....mine broke, I returned it to EB got my 225 store credit... I am just waiting for the next version f the xbox... smaller, quieter faster hard drive is just around the corner and the iveral demensions of the box should be smaller, it should lose a couple pounds as well...so when the new improved xbox finally comes out and the proce is $149 I will consider gambling my money on it again... for now I am playing PC games... best FPS's are still on PC.

PhreeK out!

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 06:40 AM
There was a thread posted about this earlier .http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21472 . I am really ****ed that MS keeps dropping the price, it sucks that many of us that bought it at release got screwed over by paying full price for it

DOOM
08-29-2002, 10:38 PM
The Price Did Not Drop... That Is a Type-O!

CrazyCougar
08-30-2002, 12:11 AM
Yup typo it was. A $50 typo and kudos to anyone that was able to take advantage of it....LOL! I for one had printed the email and was about to go to blockbuster when I received the corrected email. Dangit! I was to late! I bet Blockbuster got swamped though the evening that ad came out to all email recipients. Wish I could have watched those phones ring off the hook.

Spaztic
08-30-2002, 09:27 AM

I never had regretted paying 300 for my xbox...That money is long gone, and if you didn't spend 300 on the box you would have spent it on something else anyway! Honestly the 300 I paid is the best investment in my entire life!

thejoker
08-30-2002, 12:38 PM
In Europe, the choice of which video game console to purchase this holiday season just got easier. Microsoft recently announced that as of August 30, 2002, the European price of Xbox will drop to €$249.99/£159.99.

Read all about HERE (http://www.xbox.com/news/0208/XboxEuropeanPriceDrop.htm)

mmichael0
08-30-2002, 12:59 PM
& the Playstaion 2 has a price cut to £169:99 , which is £10 more than the new XBox price.
:)
May be now the XBox will sell a lot more being cheaper than the Playstation 2 & being a better console as well. IMHO ;)

Shadowsim
08-30-2002, 01:02 PM
How much is that in US dollars?

ride
08-30-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
... I am just waiting for the next version f the xbox... smaller, quieter faster hard drive is just around the corner and the iveral demensions of the box should be smaller, it should lose a couple pounds as well...so when the new improved xbox finally comes out and the proce is $149 I will consider gambling my money on it again... for now I am playing PC games... best FPS's are still on PC.

where'd you hear this?
got a link or anything?
not that I'm saying your a liar, I just want more info (I can't find any) :D

thejoker
08-30-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Shadowsim
How much is that in US dollars?

249.99 EUR Euro = 245.233 USD United States Dollars

159.99 EUR Euro = 156.946 USD United States Dollars

The Universal Currency Converter (http://www.xe.com/ucc/)

mmichael0
08-30-2002, 01:56 PM
£160 = $247.913

:cool:

thejoker
08-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by mmichael0
£160 = $247.913

:cool:

???
160.00 EUR Euro = 157.033 USD United States Dollars

Where did you get your numbers?

mmichael0
08-31-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by thejoker

???
160.00 EUR Euro = 157.033 USD United States Dollars

Where did you get your numbers?

The X-Box is £159:99 , that British Pounds not Euro. (the UK is not useing the Euro)
The price in the Euro is €249:99

so
£160 = $247.913 I used your link
http://www.xe.com/ucc/
but used United Kingdom Pounds , not Euro for the £159:99.
249.99 EUR = 245.233 USD as you said

Paradox
08-31-2002, 04:03 AM

Then maybe you should have waited. But quit *****in' because it's no one's fault but your own. You do realize that the prices for game consoles always get lower and lower as time goes on, right? That's just the way it is. Do you feel ripped off that your PC is only worth 1/2 of what it was when you bought it?