PDA

View Full Version : Pre order HELL

Dr_Gonzo
11-07-2001, 08:16 PM
:( Well I dont know about the rest of you but I have been going through hell with preoreders since early june. First I preordered my xbox from chips&bits . Then on Halloween I became paranoid for some reason so I called them to ask when it will be ready to be shipped. They told me that not till FEBUARY!!!!! I was going out of my mind and started going crazy looking for another place taking preorders to be delivered launch. Then I found neugames. A piece of crap website that say they will ship on launch but after I sent my order I noticed they have no customer service line to contact them. All they have is yahoo mail. Ive been sending emails to them to cancel for the past week and a half, figuring it was a scam (they still havent got back to me). But luckily there is a happy ending to all this, I got fed up with all this bull going on web sites with preorders I decided to get off my lazy ass and got to every single store I can searching for reserves. Only after a hour of searching I walked into Mediaplay (my faviorate store now) and they were taking reserves and I made the clerk gaurantee me I will recieve it on launch. Now Im finally sure Ill get it on nov 15. But Im still paranoid ill be screwed by neugames, that theyll charge me when Ive been tryin to cancel the **** thing.

Does anyone else have a hell story because of their preorder ?

smack119
11-07-2001, 08:19 PM
hell yeah!! media play rules. i didnt decide to get the xbox until oct. 30th, i walked in and they had some left that will be in on launch. plus they let me choose any 3 games with my bundle. also it was only $489 instead of the $499 everywhere else

fanofslipknotib
11-07-2001, 08:51 PM
$489..? I preordered an Xbox, an extra controller, a DVD Kit and 3 games for 520.....You might have got ripped off.

mojo__31
11-07-2001, 09:05 PM
Dudes, the best place to get a preorder right now is Sams Club, plus they offer a small package discount, which will pay for your membership.

smack119
11-07-2001, 09:27 PM
hey fan... you payed $520 and all you got that i didnt was the dvd playback kit. which is $25 so $489+ $25 = $514 so it is about the same. maybe i should have mentioned my bundle came with 3 games and 2 controllers. my bad

CyberBOMB
11-07-2001, 10:12 PM
i work at the electronics department at sams club and dont know anything about preorders. we arent expected to have it until close to christmas

scarecrow kfj
11-08-2001, 08:34 AM
Dr. Gonzo.

As for your order to neugames most likely it is a scam... How did you pay ? I hope by credit card. First call your card company explain what happend than Email neugames telling them you want your order cancled and cc your credit card company. That should take care of it.