PDA

View Full Version : I'm picking up Turok today...I'm just giddy with excitement...

Radar
08-29-2002, 08:27 AM
I'm getting mine from Babbages today. I just can't wait. Should be awesome. If anyone else gets their copy before me, let me know what you think...

ice_141
08-29-2002, 08:53 AM
when you get it, let me know how it is, i might want to get it myself. i havenet played them since the n64 days.

Young_Fledgling
08-29-2002, 09:07 AM
ya tell us how it is. i am unsure of whether to get that one or not.

Mercury
08-29-2002, 09:36 AM
If it's available here in my area I'll be picking this game up as well. I can't wait!

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 10:52 AM
make sure you get it from gamestop or eb incase you don t like it i already sent it back to eb got it 9a sent it back 1130 played 2 hrs boring and plain and bland graphics

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by kevgt2000
make sure you get it from gamestop or eb incase you don t like it i already sent it back to eb got it 9a sent it back 1130 played 2 hrs boring and plain and bland graphics

I don't think 2 hours of gameplay is enough to justify sending a game back because it is lame. As for the graphics, I find it hard to believe they are all that bad.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:00 AM
will see all the reviews in the next couple days and will see how much people like it

Radar
08-29-2002, 11:01 AM
Turok Xbox pictures...perhaps you thought you got Turok but picked up Kabuki Warriors? The graphics for Turok look great!

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_56.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_46.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_41.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_33.jpg

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/081402_turok_07.jpg

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:03 AM
in graphics and gameplay you ll see

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:04 AM
you won t wanna put turok back in after comparing timesplitters 2 graphics are better then turok

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:06 AM
cannot compare to halo metal of honor unreal in graphics

im telling you guys i felt like i was playing n64 turok with very little improvments

(ScArab)
08-29-2002, 11:12 AM
cool i want to hear good things

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 11:14 AM
*Cough* TROLL *Cough*

http://www.timewarp-toys.com/troll.jpg

Xracer
08-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Chronik
*Cough* TROLL *Cough*

http://www.timewarp-toys.com/troll.jpg
Lmao i was thinking the same

robphillips79
08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
how do you guys know he's a troll? he may be telling the truth. just wait for some reviews and other user opinions before calling people "trolls".

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:31 AM
lame

plpkb
08-29-2002, 11:35 AM
The folks at ign have had bad things to say about this game. Read the mail sections of the cube site.

Radar
08-29-2002, 11:35 AM
lame

I believe there is a chance that it will suck. I'll try it and see for myself. Don't get so angry.

;)

Radar
08-29-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by plpkb
The folks at ign have had bad things to say about this game. Read the mail sections of the cube site.

I went to the mailbag on cube.ign.com but couldn't find anything about Turok. Am I looking in the right space?

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Turok sucks and you suck

Exactly why I think you are a troll. You don't give any supporting arguments to your claim that the game sucks, how bout some concrete examples. The fact thay all you have to say is that gameplay and graphics are lame does not make your case very credible.

Mercury
08-29-2002, 11:47 AM
Radar, don't listen to him. He is just a pathetic kid who wants attention.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by dcsatt
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
Here's hoping that it gets better.

Spaztic
08-29-2002, 02:37 PM
Jesus 3 posts about a game that fansboys flame people for saying bad things about. Your Turok fans are really beginning to **** me off. What the hell is wrong with you...calling a dude a troll becuase he dosn't like the game....You all are really pathetic. Just from the movies and Pics I can already tell this game isn't a awsome title! Instead of calling names why don't you just start to realize that this game might not be that great! Gasp....I know its a hard concept to grab!

Radar
08-29-2002, 02:44 PM
Shaggy, calm down and watch out with the generalizations. I don't think anyone here minds criticism about a game.

A simple post of "This game is lame" or "Graphics = N64" just don't cut it.

I've criticised many Xbox games in the post and have not been flamed. But I back up my criticism with specific examples and description.

I'll play it tonight and judge for myself.

ScorpionX
08-29-2002, 03:00 PM
I'm picking it up at Gamestop later, I'll want to see if I will like it as much as the original. Can't wait for another MP FPS much longer..... :(

Spaztic
08-29-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Radar
Shaggy, calm down and watch out with the generalizations. I don't think anyone here minds criticism about a game.

A simple post of "This game is lame" or "Graphics = N64" just don't cut it.

I've criticised many Xbox games in the post and have not been flamed. But I back up my criticism with specific examples and description.

I'll play it tonight and judge for myself.

I am not trying to criticize anyone in particular, it just seems that some people are the first to throw stones w/o even knowing what is going on! They are just so hyped up that the thought of someone not liking the game they have been waiting so long for sucks that they must result in bashing them...to all no offence!

Woocifer
08-29-2002, 03:58 PM
Shaggy, not to come the forefront in this argument...I just want to make it clear that kevgt2000 has been reaming this game all day on this board with quick and meaningless comments that are negative and blatant.

If it wasn't so blatant, I don't think others would be so upset. I finally found a post of his that explained his distaste in this game... otherwise all he has been doing is showing his disdain for this game, which has the street date of the 1st (so its suspect), and making comparissons that just don't seem to realistic according to the screen shots and movies we have seen of this game.

Yeah people hyping and people hating games is a pain because it puts a damper on personal views of what is to come... but this just seemed a little too on purpose and filled with too much spite to seem like a valid point. If he would have just posted his review in a thread that would have been fine...but instead he multi posted in his own thread over and over that this game is garbage, it sucks, it looks like N64, etc...

So who knows, maybe it does suck. But I'm certainly not going to take his word for it because of how he presented it.

I understand yer frustration, but this flame isn't all that far fetched.

consolegamer
08-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Just look at Acclaim's track record. THEY SUCK ASS!!! Because someone in the forum is trying to save us money by saying the game isn't good doesn't mean he should be called names. He has the game. We don't! I hate Acc-lame. They can shove Turok up their ass! Should we hype up Quarterback Club as well??? Everyone that is complaining has this lame ass , sorry excuse of a game on reserve. I'll MAYBE rent it first, but I know (as I'm sure all of you know) that Unreal and other FPS's are coming out, and Acclaim isn't going to invest alot of money in Turok. That's like them investing alot of money in QBC with Madden, 2K3 and Fever on the market. Useless:rolleyes: