PDA

View Full Version : Gamespot.com is definately a PS2 site that reviews all games.

stewy_gt
08-29-2002, 08:50 AM
I just can't believe those people. Your probably wondering what this is about. Its about the game called The Thing. Gamespot has posted their review of the game for the PC and PS2. For some strange reason, the PS2 version (8.4) is praised and the PC version (7.7) is dumped. Would you look at that. Isn't it the same game? What's so special about the PS2 verison? BTW, the graphics for the PC verison supposedly looks better.

I can just imagine what score they'll give the Xbox version when its released.

Just keep it in mind that a game is reviewed based on the potential of the platform it is on. Gamespot specifically stated that identical games on different platforms aren't mean't for comparison.

However, this particular review was completely biased. Not just talking about the score, but what they wrote about each version. Every paragraph of the PS2 version starts good. Every paragraph of the PC version starts bad.

AcidJazz
08-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Don't make me start this all over again...:rolleyes:

Read here:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20721

Evil_Dr_Beefy
08-29-2002, 01:49 PM
it's cool....can't wait to play it...

Tkf5000
08-29-2002, 02:37 PM
it depends on the systems potential. ps2 sux and it got a decent game so i gets a high ps2 rating. since pc is capable of more and most pc games need multiplayer it got a decent review. it will proly get around the same rating as the pc version on xbox. so gamespot is actually not a ps2 site, they are dissin ps2 really. just in a secretive way because ps2fanboys are to dumb to realize how the gaming industry really works.