PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Turok

dcsatt
08-29-2002, 09:51 AM
from EBWorld. I haven't played it yet (will update later), but the back of the case DOES NOT indicate system link -- nor does the booklet. So, we're out of luck there. 1-4 players max.

:(

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:13 AM
i already sent it back to eb what a let down

dcsatt
08-29-2002, 11:50 AM
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
Here's hoping that it gets better.

Woocifer
08-29-2002, 12:19 PM
I heard that the flying in this game was on a track and you just look at shoot...

You're saying you actually have to control the flying?

Knight
08-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by dcsatt
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
Here's hoping that it gets better.

Take it back for The Thing for XBox!!

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 01:12 PM
i sent my copy back already to eb thank god for return's i ll get sega gt

BORNGD
08-29-2002, 03:06 PM
damn...i cant believe this game is so bad...i was gonna get this one too...oh well

lllSmokelll
08-29-2002, 03:11 PM
Turok looks stupid ;)

LynxFX
08-29-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by kevgt2000
i already sent it back to eb what a let down

Ok you have 32 posts, 24 of which say "Turok sucks" and how you sent it back to EB. I think we all get it that you don't like the game which is fine. We don't need threads to be spammed to get that point.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 06:41 PM
who were bashing me, that is why i have so many in a short period of time.
I was trying to get the word out that turok stinks and tell people right away.

so they can rent it first and not get stuck with a bad game.!

XII
08-29-2002, 11:00 PM
I've been lurking these fora for a while just keeping up with news and such and I actually went ahead and registered just to be able to warn people before they spend their money on Turok.

I saw a video of game play and figured it should be pretty good, now, I have to see if gamestop will take it back after being opened.

The graphics are comparable to Lands of Lore from about 2-3 years ago. Instead of utilizing the xbox's ability to render in three dimensions, borders to areas are flat two dimensional textures. Options are limited as far as controls go and although I could change to non-inverted for the single-player campaigns, I cannot seem to find a way to change it in multiplayer. This appears to be an oversight on the developer's part or, since it shouldn't have been missed, it would appear they just rushed the game out the door before finishing it.

In summary, the game sucks. If you don't want to believe a total stranger, who was so compelled by the "suckfulness" of this poorly developed piece of crap that he signed up to warn others, at least rent it and only give your money to the rental place.

Video game developers could use a little lesson in supply and demand, hopefully they have a huge supply and no demand, and when they take it in the pocketbook, they realize they can't foist this kind of non-product on the masses.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:26 PM
I've been lurking these fora for a while just keeping up with news and such and I actually went ahead and registered just to be able to warn people before they spend their money on Turok.

I saw a video of game play and figured it should be pretty good, now, I have to see if gamestop will take it back after being opened.

The graphics are comparable to Lands of Lore from about 2-3 years ago. Instead of utilizing the xbox's ability to render in three dimensions, borders to areas are flat two dimensional textures. Options are limited as far as controls go and although I could change to non-inverted for the single-player campaigns, I cannot seem to find a way to change it in multiplayer. This appears to be an oversight on the developer's part or, since it shouldn't have been missed, it would appear they just rushed the game out the door before finishing it.

In summary, the game sucks. If you don't want to believe a total stranger, who was so compelled by the "suckfulness" of this poorly developed piece of crap that he signed up to warn others, at least rent it and only give your money to the rental place.

Video game developers could use a little lesson in supply and demand, hopefully they have a huge supply and no demand, and when they take it in the pocketbook, they realize they can't foist this kind of non-product on the masses.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:27 PM
good write up XII

Fixxer
08-30-2002, 03:39 AM
Was there ever a good Turok? :p Never liked the series.. heh

consolegamer
08-30-2002, 01:19 PM
The ****ing game sucks. Now I'm getting slammed for posting cheats for the stupid game. I just posted the cheats so everyone who owns the game can see that it doesn't get any better than what it is. Acc-LAME sucks. Like I said , why invest money in something like turok or QBC when we have Unreal and all the great football games like 2K3 and Madden . They would lose their asses if they did that. I knew the game would suck just like all their other games. **** them and **** Turok. I'd rather stroke my **** than play Turok:(

J98GT
08-30-2002, 05:12 PM
Yet another let down from a highly anticipated game. I can't really think of one game that stood up to the hyp yet. Except POSSIBLY halo.

Unreal and Mechassault better be the best two games ever on the earth or I'm going to give up on this lame ass system. A whole year and only ONE game with any kind of replay value???