PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Halo Party? Read this!

Phiresun
11-07-2001, 08:35 PM
I don't know when MS posted this but those of you in Chicago need to look at this right away.

Don't Miss The Halo Launch Party

Party down with Bungie and the Halo posse this Saturday night in The WIndy City!

November 7, 2001 — Doing the unexpected is what Bungie software is all about. The Halo developer company is throwing a Launch Party in Chicago on Saturday, November 10th, 7 PM CST. (Bungie's from Chicago and returns to its roots to party!) This isn't for the bigwigs, it's for you—the hard-core gamers who remember their friends' aliases better than their real names. Bring your friends, too! Just follow the RSVP instructions below ...

How much does it cost? It's FREE! So you can still afford all of the kick-ass Xbox games like Halo!

Where: Hotel Monaco, 225 North Wabash, in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Go to Monaco's Web site for driving directions (click the "Map & Directions" link). Or you can take a bus or train. (Hint: the Monaco is a short walk from the State/Lake 'El' station.) Check out http://www.transitchicago.com for more information.

What about kids? The game is rated M for Mature, kids under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Prizes! Bungie's big thank you will be that someone lucky will walk out with some cool prizes, including an Xbox with a copy of Halo. And there'll be some other goodies, too, but we can't tell you what they are.

Do I have to RSVP? Yes. There's only room for 250 people so you have to RSVP. Send a note to mailto:halofest@microsoft.com. Let them know if you're bringing other people, and if you're coming as part of a group, please try to coordinate things.

Anything else? There's gotta be a catch, right? Nope, this is just a cool party! See you there!

scarecrow kfj
11-08-2001, 08:26 AM
I so want to go. I am only two hours away I just need to find someone to go down there with. My wife dosnt want to go.