PDA

View Full Version : turok = n64 graphics

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 10:40 AM
don t buy it it suck's and i just got back from the post office and returned it game is lame

Zion
08-29-2002, 10:44 AM
Yes, thank you Mr. Newbie guy. We all see you, no need to troll to draw attention to yourself :rolleyes:

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 10:44 AM
WHat are you talking about, the Graphx looked sweet on all the reviews thus far.

I smell crap, and it's coming from this post.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 10:49 AM
not at teamxbox.com it s down the site

go ahead and buy it i loved the first turok

this game is lame graphics no detail very bland and bad AI

i already sent it back to eb

it s my opinion you l see how many people say it's sucks

just watch

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 10:57 AM
good graphics well this game is = to worst

im sorry i was expecting something close to halo in graphics even enclave this doesn 't even come close to either one

let's see the reviews from gamespot and ign

i bet they are low when they come

i was bored after 30 mins with this game

Radar
08-29-2002, 10:58 AM
my understanding is that the first two levels of the game are a bit sparse in terms of monsters because they are more the tutorial levels of the game, however the graphics look great and the native creatures look fantastic. If the game really sucks I'll let you know. I'm picking it up today and will be playing it tonight after I get home...

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:02 AM
and how bad the enemies sit there and do nothing after you hit them once let me know im interested in all your opinions thank god i sent it back and bought it from eb

Xracer
08-29-2002, 11:25 AM
http://www.blantonlogfurniture.com/Graphics/Toilet%20Paper%20Holder.jpg

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
wow you are so funny

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by dcsatt
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
Here's hoping that it gets better.

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by kevgt2000
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.

Wow, 1 bad review plus your half-assed review, this game must suck

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 01:05 PM
and then tell me how good it is

i ll be the one laughing when it gets a 6 or 7 if that

god i try to tell people the game is bad and is over hype not to buy and i get flammed

Radar
08-29-2002, 01:53 PM

I have the game now. There is look sensitivity. I don't know what that person is talking about. You can control horizontal and vertical sensitivity separately. You can invert look, customize every button and function in fact.

I'm not putting stock into this review. Sorry.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Well, I just got home with my copy of Turok and I hate to admit, but Im really not all that impressed with the game.
It's a rental at best unless you are a die hard Turok fan.
Now these are just early impressions of the game so bear with me.

Graphics: The graphics are nice. Nothing really special about them. It really reminds me of playing the original version of Turok on the Nintendo graphically speaking. The environments so far are really nice looking but not as open and broad as you would imagine from the commercials. Each environment is pretty linear. You can only go so far. Rating-6.5

Sound: The sound is a plus in Turok. You can hear the environments around you and everything going on. The music fits nicely with the game. Rating-8

Control: The control is pretty weak. It's almost like you are dragging or something. The control is per usual, move with the left analog and aim with the right. Trying to kill all the creatures that attack is really lame. You can actually aim at each one if there is a group attacking you. There is an auto-aim feature, which I have turned on, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. I have yet to been able to auto-aim at a creature yet. I may be doing something wrong, but I checked and double checked and still nothing. Rating-5

Gameplay: The game is typical Turok. There is a very nice multiplayer feature in which you can fight each other, first to take flag, first kill, etc. etc. Other than the multiplayer to play with friends, there is really nothing special about this game. Rating-6

Overall-6.5

Again, these are early impressions and are subject to change, but I would strongly recommend a rental of Turok before you shell out the dough on this game. It seems Acclaim really pushed the game with media, commercials, and what not before anyone could give a review on it so as not to diminish sells.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 02:26 PM
who??

Spaztic
08-29-2002, 02:28 PM
Sounds like the turok fanboys are out on a warpath. I guess a man is no longer is allowed to have a opinion anymore. I have never played the Turok series so I have no bias towards this game, but from the looks of the graphics alone it looks pretty weak! Granted I will give it a try before posting a review but it sure looks like a below par Xbox game! So all of you bashers, that have to defend there investment and can not give a honest non bias review need to shut the fuk up! I can't wait for those fanboy reviews of "Turok not only the best game in the world. I can also use the maual to catch my flying spludge. I give it a 11/10!".

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 02:32 PM
Are we getting scored on this site to see who write's the best.

Yeh i am very lazy when it come's to typing

If i knew i was being scored, i would of tried my very best DAD

DO I CARE WHAT YOU THINK NO!!!

ALL I SAID WAS THE GAME IS LAME, BIG DISPOINTMENT!!!!!!!!

have a nice day:)

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 02:33 PM
only

consolegamer
08-29-2002, 04:32 PM
Just look at Acclaim's track record. THEY SUCK ASS!!! Because someone in the forum is trying to save us money by saying the game isn't good doesn't mean he should be called names. He has the game. We don't! I hate Acc-lame. They can shove Turok up their ass! Should we hype up Quarterback Club as well??? Everyone that is complaining has this lame ass , sorry excuse of a game on reserve. I'll MAYBE rent it first, but I know (as I'm sure all of you know) that Unreal and other FPS's are coming out, and Acclaim isn't going to invest alot of money in Turok. That's like them investing alot of money in QBC with Madden, 2K3 and Fever on the market. Useless:eek:

robnyack
08-29-2002, 04:40 PM
i have my doubts about this game to begin with.

the first Turok was awesome, but the game stunk ever since, and I'm not too convinced acclaim has the ability to do top notch games.

Xracer
08-29-2002, 04:42 PM
i bought it today still havent a chance to play it. But i did open the case and look at the directions I wasnt impressed so far,, very thin ,,no details,, and in black and white.
let' cha know more when i get home

Radar
08-29-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Xracer
i bought it today still havent a chance to play it. But i did open the case and look at the directions I wasnt impressed so far,, very thin ,,no details,, and in black and white.
let' cha know more when i get home
A color manual doesn't impress me. I think they went thin on the manual to keep a lot of surprises for you in the game. But we'll see. I do like that they made the look sensitivity separated into horizontal and vertical adjustments. Very cool!

BullitNC
08-29-2002, 07:13 PM
Whoa, settle down boys. Everybody is entitled to their opinion on games. Who cares if they don't type well? Yes, sometimes it's frustrating to read, but you know what he's saying, or you wouldn't have responded. Take it witha grain of salt. Turok will get mixed reviews, like EVERY game does. I've read reviews that scrapped Halo....and we all thought everybody loved Halo....but not everybody did. I was never impressed with what I saw of Turok pre-release, but the magazines and websites were all caught up in the hype web. Hype last about 3 days after a game hits the shelves....then it goes on it's own merits, and web reviews!

I want a rematch! ;)

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 07:35 PM
maybe i came off the wrong way originally with the brief review

but it's my opinion

i hate typing :(

GaMMa
08-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Wow kevgt2000 you're an idiot, and if you're trying to get people to not buy the game you've done the opposite. I want to buy this game now because of you. You're the only loser that gave it a lame review and didn't have any reasons... Btw did you say I'm returning it and I got it from EB enough?

I don't listen to 6yr olds when they try to review the game, is it too violent for you kevgt2000? I suggest Mario Sunshine for GC..

Anyway I don't carei f the levels are open or not, look at the levels in Halo, they looked open, but really weren't.

Xracer
08-29-2002, 07:51 PM
okay been playing for about an hour
and no way are these graphics like the N64,, there a nice lead in to the game movie like .
The enviroments are very interactive
there is vibration for when you take damage
There are adjustments for vert and horizontal

you are thrown right into the game without really knowing what to do

right now im a flying level and it pretty bad ass:)

i'll have more first impression's when i get more time in

SiNCeRe
08-29-2002, 07:58 PM
I ahve the game & I like it so far. Its not Halo but I wasn't expecting a Halo. I been a fan of Turok since the first game but the last one suck. Evolution is a great game, the first 2 level there not much action going but it picks up in Chapter 3. And the weapon are just great. It beats Halo in weapons.

If you were a fan of the previous Turok then I suggest you buy it because you'll luv this version. if you weren't a Turok fan then give it a rental & play a few Chapter before judging the game.

kevgt2000, I think the problem people are having with your post is not because of your opinion but you sound like you trying to convince people from not buying it.

AcidJazz
08-29-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaggy
Sounds like the turok fanboys are out on a warpath. I guess a man is no longer is allowed to have a opinion anymore. I have never played the Turok series so I have no bias towards this game, but from the looks of the graphics alone it looks pretty weak! Granted I will give it a try before posting a review but it sure looks like a below par Xbox game! So all of you bashers, that have to defend there investment and can not give a honest non bias review need to shut the fuk up! I can't wait for those fanboy reviews of "Turok not only the best game in the world. I can also use the maual to catch my flying spludge. I give it a 11/10!".

Nice and nice...fanboyism in any form should be destroyed...
All it takes - just one intelligent post.

DOOM
08-29-2002, 10:25 PM
Well guys, i have to tellz ya that the game has a seriously rushed feel to it... Dino's Get Stuch In Trees & Walls, Bland Textures, Just Plain Un-Polished... I Think The Game Is Cool But In No Way Is It A True XBOX Game... Doesnt Really Use The XBOX'S Hardware Bells & Whistles...
I Have Gotten 3 Turned In For Store Credit at My Shop & The Game Only Came Out Yeaterday... Definetly A Bad Sign!
But I Am A Die Hard TUROK Fan So I Will Finish This Game... I Like It But I Just Expected Much More...
Laterz!:)

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 11:51 PM
maybe i was write that the game is bad for an xbox title

GK2
08-30-2002, 12:54 AM
I had very high hopes for this game also and I picked it up this morning. But to my very big surprise... it wasn't nearly anything I expected. The graphics are subpar, and now I know why the dinosaurs went extinct they're so stupid.

I returned it and got Buffy...

kevgt2000
08-30-2002, 12:55 AM
RIGHT NOT WRITE

Revit_X_man
08-30-2002, 01:25 AM
maybe i was write that the game is bad for an xbox title

http://www.manifestation.org/~ill/images/funny/pansy.jpg

Xracer
08-30-2002, 01:53 AM
judging after a few hours of playing it's a keeper for me
Feels very similar overall to the original Turok. The graphics are on par. Is it doing the xbox justice? probadly not .Very active enviroments ,, dino crap ,, buzzing flies around dead carcasses. falling trees ,,Cool water effects. Head shots kill in one hit. Kind of long blood animation but sweet. Still a very bloody game . I shot one guy he dropped his gun ,, begged for forgiveness then i wacked him with my club. hehehe
true to the orginal there is some jumping that has to be done .
it picks up in play quite a bit during the flying in chapter 2. then in chapter 3 it starts to get diffcult, searching for the right weapon is a bit of a pain arse yes there is a flame thrower!!nice sniper mode added to the pistol so far that's been my fav part.
plus many more weapons to come

i havent tried any mulitplayer yet ,, but there is a flying mode along with all the standard stuff

If your a turok fan i'd list it as a must buy otherwise rent it and check it out . I'll post a review after some more game time

TIME
08-30-2002, 03:01 AM
Played it 3 hours tonight and finished the first two chapters. I would agree with the gist of Xracer's description. Had a few cool moments so far...sniping a guard with the Tek Bow using poison arrows and watching him kneel down and vomit twice before dying. I love sniping in a FPS. The graphics are awesome and mediocre at the same time. Controls are similar to Halo but a notch less tight and responsive. Jumping can get frustrating. I've seen a few minor glitches but nothing that breaks the game. If Halo is a 10 and Agent Under Fire is a 6 as Xbox FPS then this is a solid 8. I'll have to play some Multi-player with friends to see if it has long term value.

kevgt2000
08-30-2002, 02:04 PM
consolegamer
The Ultimate Xbox Addict!

The ****ing game sucks. Now I'm getting slammed for posting cheats for the stupid game. I just posted the cheats so everyone who owns the game can see that it doesn't get any better than what it is. Acc-LAME sucks. Like I said , why invest money in something like turok or QBC when we have Unreal and all the great football games like 2K3 and Madden . They would lose their asses if they did that. I knew the game would suck just like all their other games. **** them and **** Turok. I'd rather stroke my **** than play Turok

i try to tell you guys watch out rent first game isn t good and i get flammed and bashed
sorry if i was trying to tell you to rent before you buy this game

i got the game early in morning figured i save someone money on this game which isnt good at all

Chr0nik
08-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Get over it, whats your god damn obsession, do you enjoy getting flamed cause your asking for more.

kevgt2000
08-30-2002, 10:33 PM
XBOX365 MEMBER IM NOT A MEMBER OF IT HERE IS HIS POST
I LL BE THE ONE LAUGHING WHEN THE SCORES COME OUT ON ALL THE SITE'S.
AND YES I TRIED TOWARNED YOU GUYS, TRIED TO TELL YOU ALL TO SAVE YOUR MONEY AND I GET BASHED. AND DON T TELL ME TO GIVE IT A REST!!!!! THE GAME SUCKS !!!!! ADMIT IT YOU KNOW IT SUCKS

eiken .:DS1:.

Hunter
Member # 1640

Member Rated:
August 29, 2002 19:55

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought the game today with much anticipation to get my "FPS Fix!."

..... :\ What a let down. I'm returning this ASAP!

Gameplay: Same as any Turok. The control is just like Halo, which is good. Other than that, everything is old. Same ***** we've seen since the first Turok. I swear, I think the first Turok for the N64 was better. Maybe because everything was so new back then, but now it's too much the same (N64 quality).

The graphics and sounds completely suck. The entire package seems "rushed" big time. The graphics have absolutely no detail. Sky, ground, rocks, plants and trees are so plain looking. The water also sucks for lack of better word. This game feels 5 years old and doesn't do anything for ALL game consoles.

I made myself stop playing the game just after 30 minutes into the game. I couldn't torture myself anymore.

Complete crap, no system link support.. Why bother? Please, save your money for something better.

kevgt2000
08-30-2002, 10:34 PM
I SUCK AT TYPING I KNOW IT

kevgt2000
08-30-2002, 10:43 PM
HELP PEOPLE SAVE MONEY

KEEP YOUR MONEY FOR A GOOD GAME LIKE SEGA GT OR UNREAL

GaMMa
08-31-2002, 01:55 AM
kevgt2000 nobody likes you, and caps don't get your point across... go home and never come back here.

consolegamer
08-31-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by GaMMa
kevgt2000 nobody likes you, and caps don't get your point across... go home and never come back here.

I like him. He's honest and saved me $52.49. By the way, I think accLAME needs to close their doors and stop making ****ty games!!! If you think about it, all the posts in this forum are from others bashing him. All you people had to do was read and not reply. Make your own judgment.

TIME
08-31-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by consolegamer

I like him. He's honest and saved me $52.49. By the way, I think accLAME needs to close their doors and stop making ****ty games!!! If you think about it, all the posts in this forum are from others bashing him. All you people had to do was read and not reply. Make your own judgment.

You should read more closely before making general statements that in effect bash everyone in this thread. I responded about the game. I have refrained from any personal slams on kevgt2000 even though I disagree with his assessment of the game and in spite of the likelyhood that his comments are based on very little time actually playing the game.

As far as just reading and not replying which you suggest is what we should have done...maybe I have this whole gaming forum concept wrong. I thought this was intended to be a place to discuss / debate / disagree / describe / etc. the games we all play.

The X is here
08-31-2002, 11:31 AM
I agree w/ the thread starter---
simply put, the game let me down:(
I'm a HUGE fan of Turok---this didn't even seem like Turok....the previews have hyped the game up so far---but i don't see what they like about it as of yet:eek:

BTW: I'm on chapter 7 (or level 7)

TIME
08-31-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by The X is here

I'm a HUGE fan of Turok---this didn't even seem like Turok....the previews have hyped the game up so far---but i don't see what they like about it as of yet

The X, I am only halfway through Chapter 4, but as a fellow Turok fan, I'm surprised that it does not seem like Turok to you. I played and loved Turok, Turok 2, and Rage Wars. I played and hated Turok 3. This one reminds me of a blend of 1 and 2 which is for me a good thing. What about it is so different from the Turok you remember?

kevgt2000
08-31-2002, 12:19 PM
Atleast rent the game to make your own opinion i got the game played 2 hours didnt like anything about it
It felt like a n64 game not xbox standards another crappy port with lack of time and effort put into it.

kevgt2000
08-31-2002, 01:39 PM
http://forum.xbox365.com/ubb-data/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006486

MerimacHamwich
08-31-2002, 01:41 PM
Your still posting and complaining about turok in this stupid thread?

kevgt2000
08-31-2002, 01:42 PM
duh

coolerf150
08-31-2002, 03:24 PM
Man all the reviews think this game is da bomb......but i have not played it ... but u have the right to your opinion...

Satch
08-31-2002, 05:34 PM
im gonna agree with the thread starter....me and some buddies drove to eb to get it, played the demo that was out (thank god there was a demo) and was totally dissapointed. it did remind me of 64 graphics and the AI was bad. i also was let down by the feel of control. playing turok after halo is like going from a T1 line to a 28 k modem. sorry, but i must say it sucks.

ScorpionX
08-31-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Satch
im gonna agree with the thread starter....me and some buddies drove to eb to get it, played the demo that was out (thank god there was a demo) and was totally dissapointed. it did remind me of 64 graphics and the AI was bad. i also was let down by the feel of control. playing turok after halo is like going from a T1 line to a 28 k modem. sorry, but i must say it sucks.

The AI in the game is great, just wait until you are far in the campaign. They have great plans strategically. For example, today I was playing and I shot a guys arm off so he couldn't fire. He ran back about 10 feet, and kneeled down and begged for mercy. :p and then I ran over to kill him from behind a rock. All of a sudden I have 3 snipers on me, and the guy on his knees makes a laughing grunt then scurries into the bushes.

As for the controlling, you can adjust it on the options menu, including the look sensitivity. I thought it was waaaay too slow with the default controls.

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 07:05 PM
Ok, this is just too funny...

I saw several preview movies and I thought some effects were done quite well...

But I dont see how you can say if the game dosent look good enough, then it's crap...

By the way, Enclace has way better textures than any other game out there, whoever said that Halo looked better...

Anyway, the only reason little kids like you whine and cry about games is because you either dont like them or you just suck at them. If all you look for is graphics, then you must suck because looking at pretty pictures is not getting you any kills, dumbass. Grow up already.

Lets start a vote for an age limit on forums like these...but lets start at TXB because that place is just full of immature kids looking for attention.

kevgt2000
08-31-2002, 09:19 PM
LAST POST PLEASE CLOSE IT

ENOUGH BASHING ALREADY

I SUBMIT MY REVIEW RIGHT AWAY TO MAKE PEOPLE AWARE AND I GET PERSONAL ATTACKS (SHAKES HEAD IN DISGUST)

GOD ALL I KNOW IS I HAVE BEEN PLAYING GAMES SINCE C64 AND SPACE INVADERS WHEN I WAS 9 AND I AM VERY PICKY WITH GAMES, TO ME IF SOMETHING IS VERY HYPED AND DOESN'T DELIVER.
IT DOESN T DESERVE MY HARD EARNED MONEY!!!!

SORRY FOR USING CAPS!

IM SORRY IF I UPSET ALL THE TUROK FANS, BUT THIS GAME DOESN'T DESERVE MY 50 BUCKS.

RENT IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN CHOICE

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO MY OPINION THIS IS THE USA AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT TOO BAD!

BTW THIS GAME IS GARBAGE IN MY OPINION ACCLAIM SUCKS TOO

I HOPE I SAVE SOME PEOPLE THERE HARD EARNED CASH

SEE YA ON LIVE

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 09:20 PM
i think somebody's mad...

TIME
08-31-2002, 09:25 PM
:rolleyes:

MerimacHamwich
08-31-2002, 10:16 PM
YAY CAPS!!ILOVE CAPS AND BAD GRAMMAR!CAPS CAPS THE MAGICAL FONT, THE MORE YOU USE THE MORE I TAUNT!