PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind newbie questions

tomacco
08-29-2002, 11:09 AM
Hey there,

I picked up MW yesterday and let me start by saying I love this game. Put the game in the machine, started playing, 8 hours later I relized that it was 3 in the morning and I had to go to work this morning.

Now to the questions:

1) At some point (I'm not sure when) I looked at my stats and relized that my Personality had dropped from 30 to 0 and my Luck was 2 or something like that. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how I fix it?

2) I've been told to go to the Ebony Mines and find a box with a circle on it(or something like that), so I went to the mine but I've got no clue where to find the box, can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks in advance for all of your help,
Barranger

ride
08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by tomacco
1) At some point (I'm not sure when) I looked at my stats and relized that my Personality had dropped from 30 to 0 and my Luck was 2 or something like that. Does anyone know what could have caused this and how I fix it?

You probably git hit by a "draining" spell or got poisoned, or you are sick, something like that, drink some "restore" (personality & luck) potions, and if you are sick or something go into the "magic" menu (where your spells are) and look at the top there may be some small icons in a line at the top, if you highlight these and press 'Y' you get info on each one, sometimes it easier to tell what you are suffering from by looking at these.

2) I've been told to go to the Ebony Mines and find a box with a circle on it(or something like that), so I went to the mine but I've got no clue where to find the box, can anyone give me some hints?

Don't know about this one, no one ever asked me to find this while I was playing MW, unless your talking about the dwenmer puzzle cube?? if thats what you need search this forum for "puzzle box" and you'll find what you need.

tomacco
08-29-2002, 11:46 AM
thanks I couldn't remember what it was called but I will search for the puzzle box thanks again

ride
08-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tomacco
thanks I couldn't remember what it was called but I will search for the puzzle box thanks again

I know where it is, I just don't remember the names of places, and I don't want to cornfuse you. :D

Here is a hint, its in the dwarven ruins near, the fort that is near balmora.
<wait> :D
HA, I found my scan of the MW Map, ok here you go.

Its in the ruins on the hill, near Fort Moonmoth, when you get into the ruins there will be like a multi-tiered thing at the "beginnng" of the "level" if you make your way up to the second level of this there is a door, the cube is in there, and you get it after a "boss" fight.

I remember walking ALL OVER this fricking place many times and not being able to find it. I do remember that it is near the begining and keep looking for ways up the second/third stories of the structures.

I hope you kinda got that, and I didn't cornfuse you more.

Whoopage
08-29-2002, 02:46 PM
don't drink potions to get your personality and luck back up.....go to an imperial shrine and give an offering, then choose restore attributes......thats how you fix it for sure

tomacco
08-29-2002, 02:55 PM
I don't mean to sound stupid but how do i find a imperial shrine??

ride
08-29-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Whoopage
don't drink potions to get your personality and luck back up.....go to an imperial shrine and give an offering, then choose restore attributes......thats how you fix it for sure

I was just trying to make it simple for the d00d :)

Imperial Shrines are little monoliths place throughout the game there is one in "the fields of kummu" and there are many in vivec, ALL ask that you give an "offering" (a portion of muck is needed for the fields of kummu) for a cure, or other things. some of them do very special things when you give them the right offering.

those books in MW are there for a reason, spend some time and read 'em and you'll figure things out.

or go buy the guide :(

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 09:00 PM
or just go to the temple in balmora and there are a couple of them in there they are no called imperial shrine, forget what its called but when u press a on it it asks u for a donation about 25 I think