PDA

View Full Version : Here's a positive review of Turok Xbox...

Radar
08-29-2002, 12:11 PM
check it out...sounds promising...

Turok is great! (http://www.xboxclubhouse.com/showthread.php?threadid=11537)

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Sounds promising indeed. I am glas he provided concrete examples and is not just running his mouth like some other people in these forums.

UltimateAg
08-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Radar
check it out...sounds promising...

Turok is great! (http://www.xboxclubhouse.com/showthread.php?threadid=11537)

Wow, you sure dug deep for that one! No offense, but I'm sure you could find at least 1 positive review for Kabuki, in at least 1 forum.:)

Mercury
08-29-2002, 12:25 PM
Wow, sounds great. I wish an EB around here has it today. I want this game now!!!

Radar
08-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by UltimateAg

Wow, you sure dug deep for that one! No offense, but I'm sure you could find at least 1 positive review for Kabuki, in at least 1 forum.:)

I didn't see any negative reviews for Turok except on this board. The game has been available for just a couple hours. Takes a bit of looking for reviews...

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by dcsatt
Ehhh. Not too impressed with the game. The control scheme is similar to Halo, which was a plus, but Halo this is NOT! The control options are limited (there's no "look sensitivity"), and so far, the enemy AI is incredibly UN-intelligent. A raptor was stuck running in place with his head in a wall, and the alligators look like cartoonish synchronized swimmers.
The early levels seem to be very-very forgiving. There are numerous health packs -- far too many, and the enemy attack does very little damage. Perhaps the first few levels are "training?"
I'm currently at the first flying level and turned it off after my third fly-into-a-wall/ground/column-lack-of-control-death.
Obviously I was excited about the next BIG FPS for Xbox -- but so far, *SO FAR*, I'm disappointed.
I'll give it some time -- perhaps the later levels will be more exciting.
Oh -- and the graphics DO NOT look like next gen to me.
Here's hoping that it gets better.

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 01:00 PM
gamespot or ign

your trying to tell yourself this game is good

plpkb
08-29-2002, 01:03 PM
Chronik
If the other people liked it would they be just running mouths?

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 01:03 PM
**** off, you are starting to bother me now.

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by plpkb
Chronik
If the other people liked it would they be just running mouths?

Don't understand your point?

Toonz
08-29-2002, 01:09 PM
If someone came on here and RAVED about how good the game was Chronic would say they were running there mouth off ? Thats the point.

Xracer
08-29-2002, 01:14 PM
I just picked turok up myself @ EB I'll post some initial thoughts L8R on today.
Unfortunely im at my girl's house and she has a chessy 19" tv

the directions seem awfully thin and they are in black and white Maybe im used to direction's I got with NFL2K3

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 01:15 PM
not a good game and you will be disapointed if you spend 50 dollars on it save your money for sega gt

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
If someone came on here and RAVED about how good the game was Chronic would say they were running there mouth off ? Thats the point.

Before you guys put your foot in your mouth, read all the facts.

kevgt has been ranting how this game sucks without giving any hard facts or reasons. He has been posting the same lone review in every post. I am simply stating that I find it hard to believe that this game sucks based on the facts he has provided.

I don't run my mouth for your information. Get your facts straight.

Toonz
08-29-2002, 01:18 PM
You have alotta pent up rage don't you Chronic haha. I think you should go drink a beer and relax dude if your gonna let some msg board peeps upset you so.

Chr0nik
08-29-2002, 01:27 PM
I am really a layed back kind of guy.:)

Toonz
08-29-2002, 01:46 PM
With a name like Chronik I'd hope so haha. I read the whole thread and such mang and I don't see why your arguing with the guy

1. Its his opinion
2. Like you said with a lack of any reasoning behind his thoughts why do you care what he says.
3. These are some of the best boards going IMO because for the most part we are all allowed to express are thoughts with minimal flamming and arguing. Everywhere else I go if you feel diff than the majority you get dumped on non-stop.

Lets try to keep it that way

I Hope Turok is everything you want it to be ENJOY :cool:

Spaztic
08-29-2002, 01:58 PM
I am honestly don't seen the hype at all for Turok. Granted it is a fps but the graphics look kinda bland and since it is a multiplatform game it probably is not going to be xbox quality. I will definatly give it a rental but with all the other tight games comming I will save my cash!

kevgt2000
08-29-2002, 02:13 PM
Well, I just got home with my copy of Turok and I hate to admit, but Im really not all that impressed with the game.
It's a rental at best unless you are a die hard Turok fan.
Now these are just early impressions of the game so bear with me.

Graphics: The graphics are nice. Nothing really special about them. It really reminds me of playing the original version of Turok on the Nintendo graphically speaking. The environments so far are really nice looking but not as open and broad as you would imagine from the commercials. Each environment is pretty linear. You can only go so far. Rating-6.5

Sound: The sound is a plus in Turok. You can hear the environments around you and everything going on. The music fits nicely with the game. Rating-8

Control: The control is pretty weak. It's almost like you are dragging or something. The control is per usual, move with the left analog and aim with the right. Trying to kill all the creatures that attack is really lame. You can actually aim at each one if there is a group attacking you. There is an auto-aim feature, which I have turned on, but it really doesn't seem to do anything. I have yet to been able to auto-aim at a creature yet. I may be doing something wrong, but I checked and double checked and still nothing. Rating-5

Gameplay: The game is typical Turok. There is a very nice multiplayer feature in which you can fight each other, first to take flag, first kill, etc. etc. Other than the multiplayer to play with friends, there is really nothing special about this game. Rating-6

Overall-6.5

Again, these are early impressions and are subject to change, but I would strongly recommend a rental of Turok before you shell out the dough on this game. It seems Acclaim really pushed the game with media, commercials, and what not before anyone could give a review on it so as not to diminish sells.

consolegamer
08-29-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Toonz
You have alotta pent up rage don't you Chronic haha. I think you should go drink a beer and relax dude if your gonna let some msg board peeps upset you so.

Maybe chronik is cronically crabby cause chroniks cronically crazy from chronik:eek: