PDA

View Full Version : I Guess Xbox Magazine is embarrased

Koolice98
08-29-2002, 04:02 PM
for those of you who subscribe to xbox magazine, did you notice in the newest edition, that there is no future man section? no telling is whats in next months issue, and no interview thing. i recently got a survey from them, so maybe they're reformatting? what do you think?

Plewis
08-29-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Koolice98
for those of you who subscribe to xbox magazine, did you notice in the newest edition, that there is no future man section? no telling is whats in next months issue, and no interview thing. i recently got a survey from them, so maybe they're reformatting? what do you think?

well is this OXM? Cuz if it is I think they are a steaming pile of fanboy... and I could care less about them:)

KviK
08-29-2002, 04:08 PM
I bought this subscription only for the DVD's but not a single DVD made me smile. Also most demos are games already out, even sometimes months out.

The latest DVD has a halo demo and all old games I mean like what the ****.

<--- Unsatisfied customer.

But luckly my subscription ends in november, just in time where I can chose what demo to download via xbox live. I hope oxm gets bankrupt.

CrazyCougar
08-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I wont be renewing my subscription either. Plenty of other good mags out there though.

DrUnKtAnK
08-29-2002, 04:21 PM
It seems that some or one of the editors is leaving the mag, don't know if he was the mole or the future guy, so maybe that's why....
I am still undecided on weather to sub again or not, OXM really has lacked lately on alot of things....They better pick up the slack or else :D

Expedite_Wrap
08-29-2002, 04:22 PM
Well I happen to like oxm, i mean its the only good x-box magazine out there any way....

Finchy
08-29-2002, 04:25 PM
I'm not sure why you guys buy video mags when you have internet. I buy it for the demo disc but they sux latey. For the same price, I can rent a couple of games.

DrUnKtAnK
08-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Finchy
I'm not sure why you guys buy video mags when you have internet. I buy it for the demo disc but they sux latey. For the same price, I can rent a couple of games.

I know, I don't have my wireless access point setup yet, so I got to read something when (...cough...) I'm in the library:D ;)

DZNUTZ
08-29-2002, 06:36 PM
eXactly drunktank...gotsta have something to read when your in the john.

btw i happen to like oxm as well.

lllSmokelll
08-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Wheres my OXM :mad: ill probly get it like last month....3 weeks after everyone else :mad:

GO BUCCS!!!
08-29-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by DrUnKtAnK
It seems that some or one of the editors is leaving the mag, don't know if he was the mole or the future guy, so maybe that's why....
I am still undecided on weather to sub again or not, OXM really has lacked lately on alot of things....They better pick up the slack or else :D i hope the rumor mole isn't leaving he was the funny one. the rest of them suck.
AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY "ROBOT MONKEY APOCALYPSE!?!?"
heh, that was funny as hell. i'll probably renew as long as they keep the demo disks comming... even though it pretty much sucks ballz, has no new content, and have some repeat halo b.s. on it every other month. :rolleyes:
...oh well

Spartan IV
08-29-2002, 10:51 PM
i only buy the ones that look good. BTW, wasn't there alot of people getting flawed disks?

The Hitman
08-29-2002, 11:06 PM
This ****es me off, I used to be one of the first people to get the OXM each month, but now I'm one of the last people.

Highlite23
08-30-2002, 11:06 PM
The opinions at times are al little off, IMO, and the disks aren't perfect but, it's pretty infomative in terms of games coming down the line, hardware, and other misc. stuff.

The disc's, well, yes they do lack those upcoming titles sometimes, but it does give me a taste of games i don't own ,that i may consider buying.

If your buying it monthly, don't, it's too expensive. If you subscribe, your taliking about $2.00 a month, i think it's worth $2.00.;)

silvaman
08-30-2002, 11:14 PM
The features editor is leaving the mag

Genocide
08-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Yea...

-Dan Egger (The Genious guy) is leaving.
-No rumor Mole this Issue
-No Future Guy Either
-Reader Interaction is only One page
-Only 3 new Challenges this month
-No "Test" (Usually On the last page) either
-No new Demos

God... this issue sucked... yet, had a nice cover. Hmm. :p

No Fear 23
08-31-2002, 12:19 AM
i happen to like oxm, so its tyte

Nonny
08-31-2002, 03:17 AM
They make all these nice looking covers with "Halo 2!" so every1 buys it then see "What we want to be in Halo 2" and its.....basically un-funny jokes.

No wonder why the features editor is leaving, this mag has gone down hill. First of all theres little content, and the demo's have always sucked, and all your getting in every issue is the old demos from issue 1 + the doa3booster disk

Paradox
08-31-2002, 03:51 AM
This was the worst issue of OXM ever. No mole, no future guy (probably got fired since he is always predicting things that don't actually make it into the magazie or demo disc (like Sega GT!!), and the demo disc is absolutely horrid. Not only are all the demos of really old games, but they are all demos that I can get from previous OXM demo discs.

Absolute crap. And they have the balls to ask me to renew my subscription for 2 more years (for $50). Fat chance of that happening.