PDA

View Full Version : I NEED! to know

Unknown_Entity
08-29-2002, 06:35 PM
Im a newbie and i need help making a new Character.

Can somene tell me what the best type of char acter to make is?

i need to know:

Race,
Class, Please Respond
Special Attributes,
Major Skills,
and Minor Skills.

Knight
08-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Do you want to be a more powerful fighter or mage??
Are you looking for more Hp or Mana??
What type of class do you like to play as??

Unknown_Entity
08-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Do you want to be a more powerful fighter or mage??
Are you looking for more Hp or Mana??
What type of class do you like to play as??

Fighter and hp i guess

i dont want a magic char

Knight
08-29-2002, 06:47 PM
Imperial or Redguard Knight!!

Unknown_Entity
08-29-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Knight
Imperial or Redguard Knight!!

i dont know the difference tell me what i should make stats and all thats why i made this thread

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Just look at thier additional stats and pick the 1 u like the best and then ask the dude to ask u the questions to pick your class just answer the questions with the personality u want your character to have

masterchief2064
08-29-2002, 09:12 PM
O yeah and here are the stats M is for male F is for female

Redgaurd M F

Strength 50 40
Intelligence 30 30
Willpower 30 30
Agility 40 40
Speed 40 40
Endurance 50 50
Personality 30 40
Luck 40 40

Imperial M F

Strength 40 40
Intelligence 40 40
Willpower 30 40
Agility 30 30
Speed 40 30
Endurance 40 40
Personality 50 50
Luck 40 40

zfBRAT
08-29-2002, 09:45 PM
I wanted to be a magic character, but I do much better with an Imperial. Every other character I've used gets stuck and not very far into the game.

GamemasterD
09-04-2002, 03:14 PM
My character rocks, 'cause he can do a bit of everything. Combat's what he's best at, though.

zfBRAT
09-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Mine was rocking pretty good, till she got blighted :(

GamemasterD
09-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Ever heard of a cure blight disease potion? Pick some up at any alchemist store (I use the one in Balmora).

zfBRAT
09-06-2002, 01:03 AM
I just warp to the shrine and get healed there. Then, I donate and heal all attributes. I'm still working on my Restoration level. Now, it'll lemmie heal some, but I'm not well trained in it. Thanks for the advice, by the way.

EHWfedPres
09-07-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Unknown_Entity
Im a newbie and i need help making a new Character.

Can somene tell me what the best type of char acter to make is?

i need to know:

Race,
Class, Please Respond
Special Attributes,
Major Skills,
and Minor Skills.

depends on what type of character you want to make...fighter, mage...?

zfBRAT
09-08-2002, 03:39 AM
I'm fond of elves and faeries, but I've found more uses with the Imperial race. Still, you must decide for yourself.

whatsyourprob?
09-09-2002, 02:10 AM
What race, class, attributes, and skills should i pick if i want to complete the game finishing all quests?

zfBRAT
09-09-2002, 02:26 AM
That's a tricky question, my friend. I've played several characters and still have not beaten the game. I've gotten furthest with Imperial, though. I'm still not near the ending, so I'll let someone who has beaten it advise you. I just don't want you to think you're being ignored.

whatsyourprob?
09-09-2002, 11:51 AM
well i think i know the best overall special attributes to choose, those being agility and intelligence... so should i pick a race that has those 2 at 40 or 50? or a race that has them at 30? the reason i ask is because i read the lower the skill level, the higher level your character can be?

then for the majors i chose acrobatics, sneak, security, light armor and short blade ( i figured theres going to be alot of stealing going on)

and the minors are marksman, speechcraft, alteration, conjuration and alchemy

hope i chose the right skills :P

also, whats the best sign to be? im usually the tower, but since im majoring in security, it makes sence to pick another sign... like the shadow... but when i used that, and tried to lift the gold plater at the census office, i was caught?

zfBRAT
09-10-2002, 01:02 AM
You hafta be up high in security and sneak to be stealing in front of people. Otherwise, they will hear you no matter if you sneak or not. However, if you're in an area where no one can turn his/her head and see you, you're pretty safe at stealing whatever you want or picking locks.

whatsyourprob?
09-10-2002, 03:52 AM
Well since im planning to get security and sneak to 100, did i mess up by picking the shadow as my sign?

Dulacc
09-14-2002, 11:08 PM
The truth is, the customizability of characters in Morrowind is one of it's greatest features, but makes choosing the features of a character arbitrary. In reality, whether you make a character strong in Magic, Stealth, or Combat only really matters for the first 10 or so levels of the character. After that, unless you made some odd choices on what to train your character in, he should be good at all three. As you move further into the game, it becomes less and less important which sign you chose and which race you chose. The only choice that seems to have importance throughout the game is which skills you chose as major/minor skills. Even at that, when it gets late enough in the game you have enough money to train your way to diety status.

So, you want to know which type of character is the best? I usually use a few standard choices:

1) Always customize your class. There is no real benefit in using the other 2 methods. You may end up with the same setup as a pre-set, but your not locked into it.

2) I always have enchant as a major skill. It keeps the charge cost down on using enchanted items, including weapons that are used on strike. Always useful.

3) I've always gone with the Lady as my sign. None of the others seemed to do enough to outweigh the extra 50 ability points you get with the Lady. It's like getting 5 levels of X5 multiplier on personality and endurance at the beginning of the game. And, if you chose right, it allows for the possibility of STARTING with an 85 endurance.

4) Always chose Luck as a favorite attribute. Since it's the only attribute that doesn't have a skill attached to it, you can only increase it by one at a level up(no modifiers). As you might guess, this makes maxing it out a little hard. But if you list it as 1 of your 2 favorite abilities, it at least starts out at 50.

5) I shouldn't have to say this, but always have at least 1 weapon and 1 armor type as a major/minor skill. Everyone knows this, right?

Anyway, as someone who's beaten the game, I can tell you that after about 20-25 levels, the choices you made in the beginning don't amount to a whole lot.

azmodan
09-15-2002, 10:23 AM
well dude if you are still trying to decide i would just go breton mage heh cuz 1. its ALOT funner especialy in the beggining... making spells etc., 2. once you get to about level 20 and get some good weapons and money just like raise your long sword to 100 and you will have a awesome fighter... and have some kickass spells to boot i guess it doesnt really matter what way you go since it pretty much evens out eventually... that being said you can also try a nightblade thats like a thief/mage class...

Spacewolf
09-16-2002, 01:38 AM
Not sure but have done very well with a Imperial Knight charcter. SpeechCraft was a big deciding factor with me. Since after my first character was a bomb it has helped me out alot.

GamemasterD
09-16-2002, 01:03 PM
I would suggest either the Mage or the Lady as a sign. If you want to complete as many quests for as many different factions as possible, choose the Mage; it'll give you more flexibility (as well as more MP). If you simply want to be a great fighter, choose the Lady (especially if you're Imperial).

If I play through the game again (something I don't want to do right now), I'm going to experiment with a High Elf using the Atronach sign. That'll be a challenge.