PDA

View Full Version : Turok:Evolution

Halo Evolved
08-29-2002, 09:38 PM
Well, as I expected this title fell short and the programmers couldn't even afford to make it more appealing by adding bots...which I remind you were in previous Turok incarnations....I just want a game with bots.

ScorpionX
08-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Whats the big deal about the game not having bots? I find it much more satisfying to kill a friend and talk trash to him rather than killing a few bots, if you want to kill AI play single player. I think bots would be really dumb in Halo, because you can just go for the bots, and there would be no challenge. Go gather friends and play 4 player, I think that is funner. :o

bwn82k
08-29-2002, 10:50 PM
For a game like Halo, I would assume that they would have certain difficulty levels for the bots.

hook-worm J
08-29-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
Whats the big deal about the game not having bots? I find it much more satisfying to kill a friend and talk trash to him rather than killing a few bots, if you want to kill AI play single player. I think bots would be really dumb in Halo, because you can just go for the bots, and there would be no challenge. Go gather friends and play 4 player, I think that is funner. :o

That post showed no intelligence whatsoever. Do you think that maybe sometimes friends aren't around, or you dont feel like playing split screen? Yet you still do not want to play the single player campain. Or what about when you only have a couple friends over and you want to add some more players for fun. I think bots in Halo would kick ass, especially if you could adjust their aim, difficulty, ect.
Perfect Dark for the N64 had bots and thats what made the multiplayer so damn fun.

EHWfedPres
08-31-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Scorpion}{
Whats the big deal about the game not having bots?

The big deal is that you cannot play multiplayer by yourself with no bots...and the missions in fps games usually suck and get boring real quick...AI bots are the best thing you can possibly add to a multiplayer game.

SlightlySycho
08-31-2002, 08:44 PM
I will never understand how people can think bots can be replaced by the single player mode. It's like telling somebody who wants to play a rugbie game to go play football. They're totally different!:mad:

ScorpionX
08-31-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

The big deal is that you cannot play multiplayer by yourself with no bots...and the missions in fps games usually suck and get boring real quick...AI bots are the best thing you can possibly add to a multiplayer game.

The bots in AUF are pathetic. I can beat 3 of the hardest just by standing in one spot. In any level bots will have a pattern on where they go. When you know where they go, it is pointless. I only rented it and I thought bots sucked in that game. In Halo2, if they can get a good AI, then I would want bots, but so far there has been no next generation game to have a good MP with bots. And you better to be able to control your bots strategically too, thats a must.

SlightlySycho
08-31-2002, 10:22 PM
Perfect Dark's bots were perfect. Hell, I never even played the single player mode. Just the multiplayer with bots. It kept me going for a month. And that game is like three or four years old now. Hell, they even had different strategy-types. KamikazeSim (my personal favorite), VengeSim, JudgeSim, FistSim, RocketSim, PreySim, CowardSim . . . plus the ones with special abilities. Of course, PD doesn't really have to deal with jumping. Still, bots can be done amazingly well if the developers apply themselves.

EHWfedPres
09-01-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
I will never understand how people can think bots can be replaced by the single player mode. It's like telling somebody who wants to play a rugbie game to go play football. They're totally different!:mad:

The purpose of having bots is for multiplayer, not to replace single player.

Take hunter for instance, lets say i wanna play multiplayer, so lets go play co-op...no, thats not right. Multiplayer deathmatches should have bots. Single player missions are too short and linear and you can only play by yourself, or with one other person, in an area that you perhaps dont want to be in...

Every multiplayer game needs bots. Period.

DATDAMNGUY
09-02-2002, 10:51 PM
THIS GAME ****IN SUX I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE GOOD THIS WAS A MAJOR LETDOWN THEY COULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER

consolegamer
09-03-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DATDAMNGUY
THIS GAME ****IN SUX I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE GOOD THIS WAS A MAJOR LETDOWN THEY COULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER

Your ****in out of your mind!!! This game rocks!!! You prob haven't even played it. Damn newbies. To me, this game blows away HALO

Radar
09-04-2002, 08:51 AM
I would say Turok is a very fun game and worthy of purchase just for the single player mode alone. It doesn't blow away halo though.

Slacker
09-13-2002, 11:00 PM
Turok is fun but it has some problems , basically lazy programmers, like it started me on the edge of a cliff in Chapter six , the monkey mouth part after you hit the second swicth and run for the gate, on the left hand side I was trying to jump and when I did I got stuck on the pillar , and like on the cliff I couldn't move I could only look around I had to quit and start over, also the A.I. isn't what it was suppossed to be , and the squad based action??? uh some guys follow you and die and ocassionally hit something,

Now the good things, AWESOME WEAPONS! pretty good puzzles decent grahpics and good gameplay , it does have a lame ending but then again it's a Prequel game , but overall I like the game alot bascially it's just I was hoping for more ,

KEVgt needs not to reply to this I know how you feel about turok grow up