PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2k3: Passing Totally Unrealistic

Zero
08-29-2002, 10:29 PM
can someone please tell me what the hell is up with the passing in 2k3? EVERY single time i pass to an open man, they catch, then drop. they hold it for so long before they drop it that its more like a fumble than incompletion. on rookie, its easy to make a pass. you would expect that when you turn it to pro, the D would get better. no, thats not what happens. the receivers get dumber. their hands get slippery or something. dropping easy throws does NOT happen in the NFL, not college football, and not that much in High School football.

very poorly done.

I'm considering trading this for fever, so im gonna rent fever and try it out first.

Buccaneer21
08-29-2002, 11:42 PM
We heard you in your other 100,000,000 post. You don't have to complaine over and over again. Go with what suits you. :cool:

KingAvi2k3
08-30-2002, 06:46 AM
Stop being a zero and become a hero! You has serious problem if you pick fever over NFL2k3.:o just practice and stop acting like an rookie.Rookie!

Lonewolfcub
08-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Well can you answer the question? Instead of bashing the poster, why not try and answer the question or admit that 2K3 has a flaw?

I haven't had a chance to play either Madden, Fever or 2K3 as I'm still getting a lot of use with NCAA 03. So I can't really talk about the game.

But this does concern me. If wide open receivers are just dropping balls, that's bad gameplay.

Zero
08-30-2002, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Buccaneer21
We heard you in your other 100,000,000 post. You don't have to complaine over and over again. Go with what suits you. :cool:

i know, sorry. those whole othe 2 POSTS were a tad too excessive eh?

in one i complained, in one i agreed with someone else complaining. wow if that isn't spam i dont know what is :rolleyes:

admit it, the receivers drop the ball like high school rookies.

UltimateAg
08-30-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Zero
can someone please tell me what the hell is up with the passing in 2k3? EVERY single time i pass to an open man, they catch, then drop. they hold it for so long before they drop it that its more like a fumble than incompletion. on rookie, its easy to make a pass. you would expect that when you turn it to pro, the D would get better. no, thats not what happens. the receivers get dumber. their hands get slippery or something. dropping easy throws does NOT happen in the NFL, not college football, and not that much in High School football.

very poorly done.

I'm considering trading this for fever, so im gonna rent fever and try it out first.

First, passing is about touch and timing, just practice. I complete 60% of my passes with a quarterback rating of 96 with Quincy Carter who sucks as a pure QB (but he's getting alot better fast in real life) so it's not a bug. Yes sometimes receivers (tight ends and running backs included) sometimes drop the ball in the game but most the time they drop it because I've tried to force the ball in there thru triple coverage and they end up getting smacked, but rarely do they drop when the are wide open, but when it does occur it's because I've fuked up the pass: too hard, threw behind them or led them too much are the common reasons.

And second if you don't think drops happen all the time you need to watch more football, college, pro, or high school. They are very frustrating to watch on tv as well as the video game, but they happen. Crap even Randy Moss is known for continually dropping the middle pass. But if a realistic football game isn't what you want then maybe you should get fever.:)

robnyack
08-30-2002, 05:06 PM
zero,

this ain't Madden...you have to work at the passing game, and the running game. Passing is all about timing in this game, and the game is very unforgiving....you screw up, the receiver will either drop the ball or it will be intercepted.

if it's too hard for you, like i tell everybody, USE YOUR SLIDERS!!!!

why does everyone scream about having sliders and then when they get them, they don't use them?

NFL2k3......rocks.

you know what, I've been playing Madden 2003 of late, and I gotta say, that ain't a bad game either! But, overall, NFL2k3 is the clear winner this year.

ash
08-31-2002, 12:14 AM
the more I play madden, the more I love it.
i'll be getting 2k3 around x-mas time.
excited for that one too!

Bakeman
08-31-2002, 03:30 AM
it's like someone else said.. touch and timing..

I use the 49ers.. that's my team :)

And I am usually between 60 to 70 % at the end of the game.

One game I was playing vs a friend I was 13 for 13 into the 2nd quarter..

Of course I didn't know it until it posted it on the screen and we were both like DAMMNN and of course my next pass was incomplete lol figures!

Anyways... the only thing I have a problem with.. is they drop to many after being hit. But I've noticed that the ball isn't over thrown very often.. alot of incompletes in the real life are just bad throws that are off the target.. but that is rare in the game. And I think that Sega has you drop a few more passes to make up for that....

If the players didn't drop the ball after getting hit most the time I'd have to say I'd probably end the game with over 90% completion..

Anyways.. if you don't like it.. try the other games..

I rented Fever just to see if I liked it or not.. I was totally open hoping to like it.. and well I didn't .. just seemed weird..

Now I need to rent madden.. see how that is..
but no xbl.. so I may never buy it.

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 09:31 AM
Plain and simply. PASSING IS ALL ABOUT TOUCH AND TIMING!

robnyack
08-31-2002, 12:16 PM
SLIDERS, my friends, SLIDERS.

sheesh.

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 12:18 PM
What do you mean by slinder?

robnyack
08-31-2002, 03:01 PM
the game has difficulty sliders. if the passing game is too hard or too easy for someone, they can adjust the passing slider until they get it exactly how they like it.

people scream about not having sliders, and then when they get them, they don't want to use them.

The sliders in this game work great. you can tweak many areas of the gameplay until you get a game that is extremely competative for you.