PDA

View Full Version : Taco Bell winners being announced!

RedFive
11-08-2001, 04:40 AM
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/011107/70066_1.html

From what I've been told by people at 1-800-TACOBELL, people on other Xbox sites, people on Xbox site forums and such, the winners will be notified this week by certified mail. Those who will be used in promotions should be notified by email or phone and probably already have been. So check your mailbox! And please reply if you won. :)

=w= RedFive =w=

fanofslipknotib
11-08-2001, 09:54 AM
I havn't won yet, but it would be so cool to win! I thought they were just gonna post the winners on the web site, but I guess they threw that plan out.

RedFive
11-08-2001, 06:41 PM
After more carefully examining the Yahoo! Business press releases that came out yesterday and today, it would appear that Taco Bell only announced 10 "publicity" winners for the Xbox giveaway. If you look closely at the press releases, all the info on them is identical, with the exception of who won and what store and when he or she would get an Xbox. Take a look:

Jared Tait will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 1550 E. Warner Road in Gilbert on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 3:30 p.m.

Eric Burkhalter Will Receive His Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 5506 E. Mockingbird in Dallas on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 11:30 A.M.

Anthony Perkins will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 19051 Magnolia Ave. in Huntington Beach on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 5 p.m.

David Hernandez will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 6030 Johnson Drive in Pleasanton on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 6:30 p.m.

Erin Metcalf will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 12017 N.E. Glisan St. in Portland on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 11:30 a.m.

Matthew Engleman will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 7911 S. Broadway in Littleton on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 11:30 a.m.

Jason Roberts will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 1730 Fry Road in Houston on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 11:30 a.m.

Michael Solheim will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 16855 City Road 24 in Plymouth on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 5:00 p.m.

Jim Compton will receive his Xbox(TM) at the Taco Bell® Restaurant Located at 24024 W. Nine Mile Road in Southfield on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 11:30 a.m.

Bojan Gazic Will Receive his Xbox at the Taco Bell Restaurant Located at 1075 W. Pleasant Valley in Parma on Wednesday, Nov. 7, at 5 p.m.

If you entered at any of those *specific* Taco Bell locations, then you're out of luck. As for the other winners, no official statement has been made yet, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone else heard any other information?

=w= RedFive =w=

JeremyX
11-08-2001, 06:44 PM
Red Five, I love WEEZER too!!! But than again who doesn't?

RedFive
11-13-2001, 05:25 AM
Jeremy -- I love =w= more than life itself. I'm so incredibly stoked that the weez is *finally* stopping in Seattle next week. Rock!

As for Taco Bell / XBOX contest news, I checked the xbox.com winners site for the 1 billionth time and noticed a new little link at the bottom...

http://www.xbox.com/tacobell/winners.htm

A very few of the winners have been posted there, along with a message that says "more winners posted as they are confirmed".

Perhaps there is still a small ray of hope for those of us who haven't won yet?

*crosses fingers*

=w= RedFive =w=

RedFive
11-13-2001, 05:38 AM
Another thing to note...

The initial press releases from the 7th and 8th announced 10 winners -- all of whom appear on the recently posted list. This "new" list from xbox.com announces 15 winners. The five "new" winners are:

Manfredi, M. - Tampa, FL
MacLennan, D. - Wheaton, IL
Jones, B. - New Albany, IN
Enfield, J. - Orangevale, CA
Arshad, U. - Morrow, GA

=w= RedFive =w=

JeremyX
11-13-2001, 05:38 PM
They totally rocked Oakland!!! That's where they played Tried of Sex for the first time in years. It was awsome!

=w= Say it ain't so =w=