PDA

View Full Version : About this "disc scratching" thing.........



adzmullz1
08-30-2002, 06:47 AM
Apparently , some X-Box's scratch the games that you put in . Has anyone experienced this . I'm not sure , but my x-box might bedoing it , how can i tell ???.
There seem to be very faint circular lines going around the disc's i have put in , is this scratching or just marks that show up after regular gameplay . I ask you all to check 1 of your games , pleeeeeeaseeeeee ?????:D

FuNkY mOnK
08-30-2002, 07:03 AM
I believe the circular scratches you’re seeing are the normal ones that are on the disk from the get go, and are not scratches but possibly segments. The only comparison is, the next game you buy immediately check it before you play it, and see if these scratches match the ones that are concern to you. Sunlight is the best source for this test.

adzmullz1
08-30-2002, 07:06 AM
Thanks buddy , you've put my mind at rest (Till i buy my next game anyway) . Thank-you:) . Anyone else seen these "crop circles of the X-Box" ! :eek:

wweomaniac
08-30-2002, 09:42 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Not the circular scratched.

Two possible scenarios:
a) natural friction from long time use..

b) the grooves on the tray are causing these mark.



This happened to me and the damn thing scratched my disc really hard. I had to return my XBox because it was doing it. Every time it would scratch my disc, it would make a very loud screeching sound. Someimes, my disc would eject and still be spinning on the tray.

So I returned my old XBox for a new one.

adzmullz1
08-30-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Not the circular scratched.
Two possible scenarios:
a) natural friction from long time use..

b) the grooves on the tray are causing these mark.

This happened to me and the damn thing scratched my disc really hard. I had to return my XBox because it was doing it. Every time it would scratch my disc, it would make a very loud screeching sound. Someimes, my disc would eject and still be spinning on the tray.
So I returned my old XBox for a new one.


Well , this is why i call my problem "crop circles" : Nothing is wrong with my x-box or the games (yet) , they are playing fine and not making any weird noises. I hope that tha guy was right when he said they are segments !:confused:

Anybody else got any theoris on my "mysterious circles" ?????

consolegamer
08-30-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by adzmullz1



Well , this is why i call my problem "crop circles" : Nothing is wrong with my x-box or the games (yet) , they are playing fine and not making any weird noises. I hope that tha guy was right when he said they are segments !:confused:

Anybody else got any theoris on my "mysterious circles" ?????

I just bought 2 new games and checked them. Sure enough they had crop circles on them. Everything is fine!!! Not your Box

FuNkY mOnK
08-30-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Not the circular scratched.

Two possible scenarios:
a) natural friction from long time use..

b) the grooves on the tray are causing these mark.



This happened to me and the damn thing scratched my disc really hard. I had to return my XBox because it was doing it. Every time it would scratch my disc, it would make a very loud screeching sound. Someimes, my disc would eject and still be spinning on the tray.

So I returned my old XBox for a new one.
As for you sir, it sounds like you had the Texas chain saw massacre in your xbox. but anyway he was concerned about very faint circular marks not canals.

wweomaniac
08-30-2002, 01:03 PM
yeah... well mine were two circular scratches. They weren't straight lines just going straight around the disc.

how do I explain it...

well first off: One circle was the the edge, and the other was between the edge and the middle. They were forming on all my discs. The scratches were right where the tiny grooves on the tray were.

The scratched were... ugly.

adzmullz1
08-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by consolegamer


I just bought 2 new games and checked them. Sure enough they had crop circles on them. Everything is fine!!! Not your Box

THANK GOD ! , consolegamer , you should feel proud , you have prevented a heart attack! . I am now officially a happy man , drinks are on me! , wwwwwoooooooooooooo hhhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!:) :eek: :D