PDA

View Full Version : Xbox

Stanto
11-08-2001, 04:53 AM
Hey
ive heard rumours about the XBOX crashing every 75minutes of play, is this true??? I haven't been online lately so i dont know all the details.
One more thing is HALO coming to PC??? If so this is going to be a huge diaster for the XBOX. Like what is the point of going and buying an xbox when HALO is going to be coming to PC!!!

CharlesDD2
11-08-2001, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Stanto
Hey
ive heard rumours about the XBOX crashing every 75minutes of play, is this true??? I haven't been online lately so i dont know all the details.
One more thing is HALO coming to PC??? If so this is going to be a huge diaster for the XBOX. Like what is the point of going and buying an xbox when HALO is going to be coming to PC!!!

I highly doubt that it crashes every 75 minutes, you probably just heard some exagerated rumor based on fact about some of the earlier kiosks dying.

Halo was and is a game for PC already, even if it wasn't it would still sell out on X-Box.

benz_300sl
11-08-2001, 06:55 AM
If so this is going to be a huge diaster for the XBOX. Like what is the point of going and buying an xbox when HALO is going to be coming to PC!!!

well, its not gonna be a disaster at all...because all the people with XBox will probably get Halo, then the people who werent lucky enough will get it for computer....and its a microsoft game, so they will make a ton of money

mojo__31
11-08-2001, 08:20 AM
"Halo was and is a game for PC already, even if it wasn't it would still sell out on X-Box"

Nope, it is not on PC, and may or may not ever be, nothing official announced. Halo started being designed as a PC game, then Microsoft bought Bungie and made Halo an Xbox exclusive.

mattcoxonline
11-08-2001, 12:31 PM
1) ive heard rumours about the XBOX crashing every 75minutes of play, is this true??? I haven't been online lately so i dont know all the details.

2) One more thing is HALO coming to PC??? If so this is going to be a huge diaster for the XBOX. Like what is the point of going and buying an xbox when HALO is going to be coming to PC!!!

Okay, number 1:

If you believe that the Xbox crashes every 75mins you must be pretty dense.....
I highly doubt the Xbox will crash at all, but don't worry, you get a cd with the Xbox which you can will automatically fix what is wrong (you have to pop the cd in the drive first - of course), if this problem cannot be fixed by the cd the hard drive will be fomatted and then it will work. Which could suck, cos you lose all your saved games, but on the other hand its great cos the Xbox works again.

Number 2:

I have also heard Halo will be on the PC, but I have also heard that the PC version was scrapped for the reason you said.....
but even if it was released on the PC you would still buy an Xbox for all the other great games, as it would be pretty sad if you are gonna buy an Xbox just for Halo....

Hope I helped,

l Maximus l
11-08-2001, 01:04 PM
I smell an anti-XBox PC fanboy.

Look, even if Halo came out on PC, the graphics will not be nearly as good as they are on the XBox...and by the time it did, Halo will be old news (hard to imagine, but, that could be the case). The XBox has bump mapping technology which means that the graphics are so intense, you can see the blades of grass and how they flutter in the wind. No PC game has this technology and you are only left with the left-overs.

And, about the XBox crashing every 75 minutes...LOL...can you come up with something better than that? That was probably the most pathetic XBox attack I have ever heard! LOL

:rolleyes:

-Max

CharlesDD2
11-08-2001, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I smell an anti-XBox PC fanboy.

Look, even if Halo came out on PC, the graphics will not be nearly as good as they are on the XBox...and by the time it did, Halo will be old news (hard to imagine, but, that could be the case). The XBox has bump mapping technology which means that the graphics are so intense, you can see the blades of grass and how they flutter in the wind. No PC game has this technology and you are only left with the left-overs.

And, about the XBox crashing every 75 minutes...LOL...can you come up with something better than that? That was probably the most pathetic XBox attack I have ever heard! LOL

:rolleyes:

-Max

haha, you can smell the anti-XBox PC fanboys a mile away can't ya Maximus?......ok now somehow tye in having a beer with your response.

smack119
11-08-2001, 01:50 PM
Hey

i havent heard a thing about any xbox's crashing at the unleashed events....and those were on for 2 days straight. so dont beleive everything you hear.

and as everyone has said halo on xbox will bbebetter than pc due the the fact that pc's cant do graphics like the xbox can

Stouffer
11-08-2001, 03:06 PM
I dont know why anyone would say that xbox's graphics are better than PC's. Top end PC's are already more powerful than an xbox and I thought the xbox used a geforce 3 graphics chip? Ignore me if im wrong but we are already playing games with geforce 3's and what about in 6-12 months time when the geforce 4 comes out (or equivelent), then graphics will be even better.

Halo will probably be coming out for the PC, its perfomance (not graphics perfomance) on xbox will be assessed before they decide to make a PC version so until next year, we wont know. I predict a late summer/early Autumn (not Fall, im UK) release.

Sorry Max but I totally disagree with your comment. Why would PC Halo graphics be worse? its not like they would be starting again from when it was stopped for the PC. It would be like Red Faction for PS2, PC version has better graphics (higher resolution etc) and increased mulitiplayer support.
and by the way, the PC has had bump mapping for years, it just depends on what graphics card you have and if the games support it.

I'm not a PC fanboy cos I think the xbox is great, Im gonna get one in March.

There, ive had my say. I'm off to play Counterstrike

Rancey
11-08-2001, 03:11 PM
APPARENTLY at this stage Halo will be released on the pc in about a year, so if you are patient enough to wait for a year...and after gaming has probably moved onto a new level of second gen Xbox games be my guest.