PDA

View Full Version : Dolby Digital 5.1 Help

K-j
08-30-2002, 11:13 AM
I have my XBOX plugged into a PC monitor using an adapter that also has an optical socket for the sound.

The problem is that I can't see the XBOX menu screens on the monitor because they aren't compatible with PC monitors.

Does anyone know where I could find pics on the net of the sound menu screen so I could use this to make sure my XBOX is using Dolby Digital sound and not just Pro Logic?

Can anyone post any pics that might help?

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Why would you want to have your Xbox plugged into a PC monitor?

K-j
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
not only is it the place I have to put it, it's the sharpest god damn image on the planet!!!

Zion
08-30-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by K-j
not only is it the place I have to put it, it's the sharpest god damn image on the planet!!!

...other than High Def of course. Give me a 100" HD over a 17" computer monitor any day!

LynxFX
08-30-2002, 02:36 PM
Easiest thing to do would be to set up the xbox on a regular tv, make sure the settings are right then move it back to the monitor.

K-j
08-31-2002, 09:13 AM
Would it definately remember the Dolby Digital setting and not revert back to anything else?

100" TV?! Zion m8, could have come up with a more realistic answer, but I get what you mean. I do have a 56" HD TV, but it still isn't as sharp an image as the PC monitor.

Zion
08-31-2002, 09:18 AM
What do you mean 'more realistic'? You don't think they make a 100" screen?

Heck, the A/V shop by me has a SharpVision HD projector that can go up to 200 inches!! Talk about sweet!

LynxFX
08-31-2002, 12:42 PM
I happen to have one of those projectors. My screen that I play on is 110" 16x9. Hugh_Jass has the same projector and he has his opened up to the full 4x3 and 120".

But back to K-j, I should keep the setting. I switch mine back and forth between the projector and my regular screen. When I use the projector it is DD, but when I go to the tv it is just stereo. I never have to go back into the dashboard to switch.

K-j
08-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Thanks Lynx, at last a sensible answer! ;)

I mean realstic as in; the reason why I thought about putting the XBOX through the PC monitor in the first place was because I aint got alot of room to put it anywhere else.

Plus, it's the sharpest image. No way HD TV or projectors are as sharp as a descent (and expensive) PC monitor :P