PDA

View Full Version : More positive Turok Reviews

Mercury
08-30-2002, 11:54 AM
And this is on the GC I believe. Imagine how good it will be on the xbox!

http://www.videogamereview.com/reviews/Nintendo_GameCube/Action/Action-2760.asp

I just posted this because I want real opinions that make sense. Not nonsensical rantings like some on here. cough...kevgt...cough.

KingAlias
08-30-2002, 11:57 AM
:eek: Until Gamespot reviews the game.... I will stay undecided. Gamespot has some of the most strict reviewers there are. :eek:

AcidJazz
08-30-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by KingAlias
:eek: Until Gamespot reviews the game.... I will stay undecided. Gamespot has some of the most strict reviewers there are. :eek:

True that...

Xracer
08-30-2002, 12:11 PM
i wouldn't expect too much difference between the 3
the graphics are average for xbox

GO BUCCS!!!
08-30-2002, 12:11 PM
:eek: Until Gamespot reviews the game.... I will stay undecided. Gamespot has some of the most strict reviewers there are. :eek: i think you mean untruthfull, illogical and biased, not strict.

RudedogX
08-30-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by GO BUCCS!!!
i think you mean untruthfull, illogical and biased, not strict.

I think you just summed it all up in one nice sentence!:D

GO BUCCS!!!
08-30-2002, 12:17 PM
true true, so very true.
:)

Radar
08-30-2002, 12:18 PM
Gamespot does not review games well at all IMO...as others have indicated...

Tinny
08-30-2002, 03:24 PM
All 5...

Anyways, so this is a hate or love game is it? Great, now I guess I will have to check into it a bit more. *Sigh* OK, I'm not looking for the next Halo but I am looking for your above average FPS. Also a key note is: Fun. Plus controls (Want something that mirrors Halo). Is the combat thrilling or just blast 'em when they come? Is the environments lush and interactive or simple and standard? Is it lengthy like Halo or short chapters like Max Payne? Sorry to bug you guys but if you can answer these question I will get slightly better idea of this game. I just hope it isn't just the renting type cause I seriously need a fun FPS to play other then Halo.

RedMeat
08-30-2002, 04:27 PM
Turok is a great game. It's the first game that has challenged me without ICANTBELIEVEUCANTSAYPSISing me off in a long time.

CanadianPimp
08-30-2002, 07:22 PM

Hah! My ass. They have one of the shiittiest review systems around. They base their overall ratings on an average, which can be really, really stupid. Say for example, they give a puzzle game a 3 or 2 on sound, but the rest of the game is pretty good. That sound score will bring the whole rating down by a lot because it is averaged into the score, even though sound isn't really important in a puzzle game as it is in a sports game or RPG. And for God's sake; they gave THPS3 for the PS2 a 10 and SMS on the GC an 8! I have lost all my respect for Gamespot reviews. I look forward to EGMs review. Even though it might be after websites review it, the reviews are more accurate due to the 3 people reviewing the same game, and they review the full product, not just an almost complete game that websites sometimes review to get the edge over a competing website (GS vs. IGN for example).

TIME
08-30-2002, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Tinny
OK, I'm not looking for the next Halo but I am looking for your above average FPS. Also a key note is: Fun. Plus controls (Want something that mirrors Halo). Is the combat thrilling or just blast 'em when they come? Is the environments lush and interactive or simple and standard? Is it lengthy like Halo or short chapters like Max Payne?

My answers in order after about 6 hours gameplay:

Yes, it is above average (if Bond: AUF was average)

Controls are similar to Halo layout with a little less customization.

A little of both...above average AI from Level 3 on (enemies hiding, squad attacks)

Environments are definately lush and interactive.

First chapter is short like a training level. Chapter 2 is 4 flying sections two of which have some length. Chapter 3 has longer areas with widely varying terrain.

I'm on a section where you begin with a Tyrannasaur, snipe guys on cliffs, fight off a squad, work through the waterfall/river, snipe guys on distant bridge, destroy gunship with exploding arrows, work down cliff through squad, work through deep gorge, fight dinos, kill compies, etc. All of that represents about half the level from what I can tell.

Xracer
08-30-2002, 07:56 PM
hey time im at the same part.. cool ,, the game seems to be getting better the father I get into it. also harder im stuck right now.. gunning for a damm save point

TIME
08-30-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah Xracer, I am loving this level. If the rest of the game is this good then I'll be happy. I made it up to the top but two gun implacements took me out. Going back tonight and finish this level off. I also checked out the Multi-player by plugging another controller in. The levels seem to be designed well. The two I saw were the size of the medium Halo MP maps. There are a total of ten weapons available including a very cool mini gun, a rocket launcher that has a great animation, and a robot spider with remote control. I hope there are one or two bigger maps though. I had heard about slowdown, but at least with two players there was no noticible lag.