PDA

View Full Version : I'm still comfused about this!



Live Master
08-30-2002, 07:03 PM
I post here cause I want to buy a new TV soon, Either a tv around 300 dollars or 500, or in between, Can you post some good tv's up on here. Like tube tvs thing. That have good pciutre when you play Xbox and watching TV!! Thanks!!


http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11159874&m=1&cat=24&scat=26


http://www.consumerdirectonline.com/av27d303.htm

These two tv's , do they have good picture when you watch tv and when you play Xbox?


Stil can you find me a good tv!!

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Live Master
I post here cause I want to buy a new TV soon, Either a tv around 300 dollars or 500, or in between, Can you post some good tv's up on here. Like tube tvs thing. That have good pciutre when you play Xbox and watching TV!! Thanks!!


http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=11159874&m=1&cat=24&scat=26


http://www.consumerdirectonline.com/av27d303.htm

These two tv's , do they have good picture when you watch tv and when you play Xbox?


Stil can you find me a good tv!!

Here you go buy this one. You wanted my opinion so here you go.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/1800nicebuy/sonkv27tv.html

Fred Gasman
08-30-2002, 07:27 PM
go with a JVC:p

Live Master
08-30-2002, 07:43 PM
Anyone else??

I think the sony tv is over priced, I can find a tv that much as big as 32 inch!

Toonz
08-30-2002, 07:46 PM
IMO no T.V gets a better picture than a sony though. I wish I had one

midnight
08-30-2002, 08:06 PM
The Sony's more because it's a flat screen.

If you want a flat screen around $500, go with Sony or Toshiba. You can see the scan lines more on the sony's, but the picture focus is great.

If you want a regular tv 27"-32", go with any of the name brands. Toshiba and Sony are probably my favorites. Philips make great tv's in my opinion too, regular and flat. A lot of people like Panosonic but I don't like them as much as the brands I listed. I have no experience with RCA so I can't help you with that one.

One thing I can tell you from personal experience, skip on the JVC. They seem to have serious picture distortion problems. They also have problems with the picture when it gos from a light to dark scene. It has an effect that looks like someone flipped a light switch...looks very unnatrural. I have tried both their 27" flat screen and there d-series tvs. To those that have had good experiences with JVC, good for you, I'm glad....I haven't.

Be sure to go to a store and test them out for yourself. :)

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Live Master
Anyone else??

I think the sony tv is over priced, I can find a tv that much as big as 32 inch!

You said you want a "good" TV.

A 32" for less than $500 would be a mistake, but go for it, you'll wish you didn't unless you were like me and got in on the RCA 36" TV at amazon.com for $99.99.

The sony's trinitron picture is far superior to regular screens. Just like computer monitors, pay more for better quality. Ever seen the difference between regular and trinitron. Big difference.

By the way, now the TV at amazon.com is listed at $849.99 on their site.

midnight
08-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by huskerman44


You said you want a "good" TV.

A 32" for less than $500 would be a mistake, but go for it, you'll wish you didn't unless you were like me and got in on the RCA 36" TV at amazon.com for $99.99.

The sony's trinitron picture is far superior to regular screens. Just like computer monitors, pay more for better quality. Ever seen the difference between regular and trinitron. Big difference.

By the way, now the TV at amazon.com is listed at $849.99 on their site.

Did you really order the tv when it was listed at $99?

huskerman44
08-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Yep, sure did. If they honor the price I will sh** my pants. I got the email confirmation and all.